Govt refuses to discuss Bt21m bill for charter flight to security meet in Hawaii

webfact

Govt refuses to discuss Bt21m bill for charter flight to security meet in Hawaii

THE NATION 

30296745-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- THE government has refused to comment on the almost Bt21 million for Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan and his team to travel to Hawaii for the Asean-US Defence Ministers’ meeting on the weekend - a cost that includes the hiring of a charter flight.

Government Spokesman Sansern Kaewkamnerd said yesterday he could not comment on the Bt20.9-million bill, after a document released on Friday detailed a breakdown of costs of the trip. 

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Govt-refuses-to-discuss-Bt21m-bill-for-charter-fli-30296745.html

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2016-10-03

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Excess !

A meeting for 2 main players and 3 minions 

travelling business class / first class on a Thai 

flight, would  have been  far more prudent !

But hey , bugger  that !

we drink from the TAP.

You know its got to be rotten if BS meister Sanserm won't even try and spin it in some incredulous way. This Prawit guy is a joke also, another Thai delegate who has no experience in international affairs, am almost certain can speak / understand no English, and who just appears to be nothing more than an empty suit :bah:

Just now, z42 said:

You know its got to be rotten if BS meister Sanserm won't even try and spin it in some incredulous way. This Prawit guy is a joke also, another Thai delegate who has no experience in international affairs, am almost certain can speak / understand no English, and who just appears to be nothing more than an empty suit :bah:

Suit empty.

Wallet not so much.

Jollies for the boys, charter an aircraft fill it up with booze and other perks.

The deputy PM is just a joke, knows nothing but spouts a lot of nonsense.

We dont care about the costs, it is being covered by the peasants that we are conning.

Edited by colinneil

An official at the Defence Ministry said there were 38 officials on the trip with Prawit and the expense for each of Bt500,000 for the four-day trip was reasonable. 

So there were translators for the translators just so some form of coherent communications was possible? :rolleyes:

So 38 officials but how many were genuinely officials or officials in name only ?

Shortly after taking power didn't the PM order this sort of thing be stopped so why did this cost so much and I think we know the answer.

Edited by NongKhaiKid

20.9million Baht  X 38 people = 550,000 per person for 4 days in Hawaii all expense's paid.     Nice gig if ya can get it....

Just did a quick search for flights BKK too Hawaii return, just over B,24,000. X 38 people = 912,000. I haven't looked at the National carrier cost yet, am kind'a flat out at the moment.

The bill breakdown is:

Plane rental - 3,835,200 baht

Fuel cost - 10,776,000 baht

Food and beverages - 600,000 baht

Ground service operations - 2,636,400 baht 

Other expenses - 3,106,200 baht

I wouldn't want to be the chap who heads the department which published these details. He'll be getting a pair of socks as a retirement gift.

Wouldn't it be nice to see footage of one of the boys having a ' Chalerm Moment ' as in the time in Hong Kong when he was pulled back from being hit by a car due to an excess of ear medicine ?

Of course whoever posted it would find themselves No. 1 on Thailand's Most Wanted List.

32 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

The bill breakdown is:

I wouldn't want to be the chap who heads the department which published these details. He'll be getting a pair of socks as a retirement gift.

I think this has been very deliberately published by the PM's office. I can only speculate as to the reason/s.

58 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

The bill breakdown is:

Cost of jet fuel is $1.32 per gal, so they are buying 867,000 l of fuel. 

A 100 seat plane burns about 3,000 l/hour, so they should be able to circumvent the Earth at equator about 5.5 time.