Chinese Man Robbed by Ladyboys on First Visit to Pattaya. Not coming back

webfact

Chinese Man Robbed by Ladyboys on First Visit to Pattaya. Not coming back

Report by Pattaya One News Team

chinese-ladyboy-snatch-2.jpg?fit=720,480

PATTAYA: -- At 9.30pm, on the evening of October 1, Pattaya Police received reports of a robbery on Second Road, outside the Grand Sole Hotel.

At the scene patrols found a group of Chinese tourists who were waiting for them, and in shock.

The victim, thirty-year-old Mr Jang Jinsheng, said they were strolling along the road when he was approached by a ladyboy who pushed him, snatched his gold necklace, worth around 60,000 baht, and ran off.

He said the suspect jumped onto a black Honda Wave motorbike, driven by another ladyboy, and sped off.

Mr Jinsheng said it was the group’s first visit to Thailand and that they hope the police can catch the thieves.

A patrol was sent to look for them but no trace could be found.

CCTV footage will be reviewed in an attempt to identify the suspects.

Mr Jingsheng also said that he doubted his group would ever return to Thailand after their experience.

Source: http://pattayaone.news/en/chinese-man-robbed-by-ladyboys-on-first-visit-to-pattaya-not-coming-back/

pattaya-one_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya One 2016-10-03

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprises me that so many Chinese seem to get caught like this.  In Shenzen and other parts of China robbery is much more prevalent than in Pattaya so think they would be more cautious.  Of course the victims in China are often tourists from Hong Kong or elsewhere so the locals may not be so aware.

44 minutes ago, Colabamumbai said:

She felt safer during our 4 month visit to Cambodia than she does in Thailand.

She shouldn't have. Snatch thieves are a large and still growing problem in Cambodia, especially in the main tourist destinations.

What a lot of peeps don't seem to realise is that the Chinese help somewhat with the Thai economy.

I left Patts years ago all down to the Muggings Robbery's.

Without the mugs coming on holiday there who will they the lady boys turn to well you. So who are the Mugs now. Think about it.

48 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

seriously anyone stupid enough to wear gold in public has to bear part of the responsibility for loosing it. should use 44 to ban the wearing of gold in public

Let me guess, you and the majority of posters active in this thread just keep your jewelry in the safe to look at on select occasions, or left it behind when you moved to Thailand?

Let me make a more accurate guess. You people never owned anything of value to leave behind when you moved here.

14 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

What a lot of peeps don't seem to realise is that the Chinese help somewhat with the Thai economy.

I left Patts years ago all down to the Muggings Robbery's.

Without the mugs coming on holiday there who will they the lady boys turn to well you. So who are the Mugs now. Think about it.

Nice to know you moved to a violence free society.

What did this Chinese tourist do to deserve such scorn?  He came toThailand to enjoy a vacation , he spends money here that helps the Thai economy, he wrongly trusted the area to be safe for tourists . 

Yes, he was certainly  naïve to be wearing a gold chain, but victims never " deserve " to be victims because of naivety or stupidity.  

Just now, Thaiwrath said:

Nice to know you moved to a violence free society.

Thank you yes I did some 5/6 hour's from Patts.

NEVER had a problem in the 8 years I have lived here.

And believe it or not the Thai's even smile. I won't go down the road of how most thing's are 40% cheaper. Suffice to say I pay 60bt for a large Leo in a bar, try that's in your great town.  

1 minute ago, fredob43 said:

Thank you yes I did some 5/6 hour's from Patts.

NEVER had a problem in the 8 years I have lived here.

And believe it or not the Thai's even smile. I won't go down the road of how most thing's are 40% cheaper. Suffice to say I pay 60bt for a large Leo in a bar, try that's in your great town.  

I do not live in Pattaya, I live in a northern province.

However, crime exists everywhere, but is more publicised in tourist areas.

10 minutes ago, Penicillin said:

What did this Chinese tourist do to deserve such scorn?  He came toThailand to enjoy a vacation , he spends money here that helps the Thai economy, he wrongly trusted the area to be safe for tourists . 

Yes, he was certainly  naïve to be wearing a gold chain, but victims never " deserve " to be victims because of naivety or stupidity.  

There is so much generalization here. Not all Chinese tourists are zero dollar tourists. I have seen quite a few in Bangkok spending loads of money. Which, like you say, is good for the economy. 

If one of the posters saying good riddance was on the receiving end of such a mugging, could we all turn round and start clapping hands, and say "serves you right you beer swilling, wife beater wearing lout. Eff off back home." I don't think so. Whoever, is mugged deserves sympathy, even if they could have been more careful.   

1 minute ago, Thaiwrath said:

I do not live in Pattaya, I live in a northern province.

However, crime exists everywhere, but is more publicised in tourist areas.

Agree somewhat but if you pick the right place it's more or less non excitant and your chance's of getting Mugged pale into insignificance.  

In a tourist place like Patts is an every day occurrence.

Must say good places are not easy to find but they are about, you just have to get out take off your blindfold and have a look.

7 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

Agree somewhat but if you pick the right place it's more or less non excitant and your chance's of getting Mugged pale into insignificance.  

In a tourist place like Patts is an every day occurrence.

Must say good places are not easy to find but they are about, you just have to get out take off your blindfold and have a look.

If someone really wants a "safe" vacation, then probably Disneyland is their best bet . 

LB crime on Pattaya BR is rife daily, all day all night, every night. Cops could put a stop to it in 1 day but they don't, so the only conclusion is they don't give a rat's ass. It comes down to the "Thailand for the Thais. All foreigners are fair game." mindset.

42 minutes ago, Anthony5 said:

Let me guess, you and the majority of posters active in this thread just keep your jewelry in the safe to look at on select occasions, or left it behind when you moved to Thailand?

Let me make a more accurate guess. You people never owned anything of value to leave behind when you moved here.

wrong. i am a man i i think jewelry is for girls, and wrong again i have 3 houses back in new zealand. at 42 years old they pay my retirement income.

11 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

wrong. i am a man i i think jewelry is for girls, and wrong again i have 3 houses back in new zealand. at 42 years old they pay my retirement income.

You should tell the jewelry manufacturers that jewelry isn't for men, they clearly are not aware of that, and I own a private island.

Edited by Anthony5

5 minutes ago, Anthony5 said:

You should tell the jewelry manufacturers that jewelry isn't for men, they clearly are not aware of that, and I own a private island.

Isn't a watch classed as jewellery???

I own a 6 bedroom Bungalow where I live in Thailand. Hold on a mow it's in the wife name does that count.