New Governor talks turkey, rates Phuket post ‘a dream’

webfact

New Governor talks turkey, rates Phuket post ‘a dream’

The Phuket News

1475479830_1-org.jpg

New Phuket Governor Chockchai Dejamornthan (right) is all smiles at his official welcome party to his new post at phuket Provincial Hall on Saturday (Oct 1). Photo: PR Dept

PHUKET: -- New Phuket Governor Chockchai Dejamornthan received a warm welcome on his first day at his new official post at Phuket Provincial Hall on Saturday (Oct 1), where he vowed to do his best for the people of Phuket.

“I was not born here and I might not die here, but every second I spend as Governor of Phuket I will do my best for people in Phuket.” he told well-wishers at his welcome event on Saturday.

“When I was a little boy I dreamed that one day I would come to Phuket. In the end, I did not request to come here, but the Interior Ministry chose me to come,” Gov Chockchai said.

“But just because being in Phuket is like a dream come true, that does not mean I am on holiday. I will work, and I am very happy to work hard. This will make me happy and I assure you I will do my job the best I can for the people who live in Phuket,” he said.

Gov Chockchai noted that Phuket has “great potential and is known around the world”, but added that more work needed to be done to develop what Phuket has to offer, including in fresh produce.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/new-governor-talks-turkey-rates-phuket-post-a-dream-59335.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2016-10-03

"I assure you I will do my job the best I can for the people who live in Phuket,” he said.

Does that include the Sea Gypsies, Expats, Myanmar workers, and poor people? Or, only immediate family and Jr. High School friends?