advice on visa process and what I should do

I arrived on 30 day stamp when coming in to Thailand from the USA. I have already gotten the 30 day extension which will expire October 29th. I plan on teaching English here and have an offer to start October 17th. The manager of the school is asking that I get another 30 day extension which I don't believe I am eligible for because he doesn't have enough time to process the paper work.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Hi, it's becoming a real issue now.  Had 3 one month visa on arrivals this year and on arriving to Phuket immigration on my 3rd time they held me and said next time get 2 month visa in home country or we will not let you in.

So going for my 4th one month stay I went to the Thai consulate in Singapore. Had no issue got the visa for $50. 2 months visa for now a 17 day stay ? 

I don't work in Thailand. I have my Singapore work ID which I had on me and gave to them.

i am playing Golf in November and staying for 3 nights in Phuket. Crazy I need a visa for that .

Hi, it's becoming a real issue now.  Had 3 one month visa on arrivals this year and on arriving to Phuket immigration on my 3rd time they held me and said next time get 2 month visa in home country or we will not let you in.
So going for my 4th one month stay I went to the Thai consulate in Singapore. Had no issue got the visa for $50. 2 months visa for now a 17 day stay ? 
I don't work in Thailand. I have my Singapore work ID which I had on me and gave to them.
i am playing Golf in November and staying for 3 nights in Phuket. Crazy I need a visa for that .

Fly into Bangkok and you would not have a problem. The 3 entries is a Phuket rule.
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Fly into Bangkok and you would not have a problem. The 3 entries is a Phuket rule.

Hey Ubon Joe, I have an unrelated visa question that is pretty simple but would like your opinion.  You seem to be the guru here. 

I am in Cambodia at the moment and have 3 pages left in my USA passport. 

I am going to be extending my 1 yr visa here 2 or 3 months, which i assume will take up 1 more page and leaving me with 2. 

My plan after that is to go into bkk on an on arrival 30 day visa , and then back to usa. 

So, I guess. Maybe my question is, is 2 pages left on passport ok, to get an on arrival 30 day visa to thai, and then back to usa? 

Once, in USA I will get  a new passport or if I had to, I would get more pages in BKK if what stated above is not adequate.  

Thks for any insight and sorry for posting on another question.   

18 minutes ago, bkkrooftop said:

Hey Ubon Joe, I have an unrelated visa question that is pretty simple but would like your opinion.  You seem to be the guru here. 

I am going to be extending my 1 yr visa here 2 or 3 months, which i assume will take up 1 more page and leaving me with 2. 

My plan after that is to go into bkk on an on arrival 30 day visa , and then back to usa. 

So, I guess. Maybe my question is, is 2 pages left on passport ok, to get an on arrival 30 day visa to thai, and then back to usa? 

Once, in USA I w

ill get  a new passport or if I had to, I would get more pages in BKK if what stated above is not adequate.  

You should have enough pages left.

They stopped adding pages to US passports on the 1st of January this year.

It only takes about 2 weeks to get a new passport here at the embassy,

The U.S. embessy in Bangkok is no longer adding pages to a U.S. passport,

Ehat ended last year or early 2016,

You can get a new U.S, passport in Bangkok or at the U,S. consulate in Chiang Mai.

They are givig the 54 page passport now.

But it will cost the same price as the older 35 page one.

You will need to make an appointment first on-line with the embessy.

Whuch is now often a pain in the a_ _. if their appointment system screws up   like it often does.

I got a new U.S. passport in May 2015, and got the 54 page passport in Bangkok,,,,took me a half dozen tries to get an appointment.

However, they say those appointment system technical problems are now fixed.....but I;ve heard that before.

Edited by IMA_FARANG
correct typos
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, bkkrooftop said:

Once, in USA I will get  a new passport or if I had to, I would get more pages in BKK if what stated above is not adequate.  

You will not need much space in your passport for what you propose to do. On entry into Thailand, you will not need a visa on arrival (indeed, US citizens are not eligible for one). You are allowed entry for 30 days without a visa, and just need space for small entry and exit stamps (together taking up less than half a page).

• Like 1