Frustrated PM asks downstream and upstream people to understand water management system

webfact

5 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

Singapore is light years ahead of Thailand in water management. I watched their water plan on TV and it blew me away. 

Yes it's amazing how they handle the run-off from those snow covered mountains and those huge rivers.

logging with ineffective forestry management (cut one plant two) plus Illegal logging upstream = rain water droplet bombs causing irreparable soil erosion (dust bowl possibilities). The science has already been researched. If it was ney for ya wellies where wud ya be....

14 hours ago, webfact said:

Frustrated PM asks downstream and upstream people to understand water management system

Yep,..... protect Bangkok and inundate the rest of Thailand,.... thank you for your kind understanding....:cheesy::cheesy:

15 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

He is at it again this morning at government house. He ask OTOP vendors to innovate something he can eat to stop his unhappy mood. Then turning to the reporters, he said that when he is angry, they are the group he will vent. Laughable stuff from a leader some posters here adore. 

He reminds me of  a Mr Robert Soul!:coffee1:

16 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

He is at it again this morning at government house. He ask OTOP vendors to innovate something he can eat to stop his unhappy mood. Then turning to the reporters, he said that when he is angry, they are the group he will vent. Laughable stuff from a leader some posters here adore. 

He's  so full of shit there's  only one thing he needs to eat... a lot of laxitives.

Edited by Rorri

6 hours ago, MaxLee said:

Yep,..... protect Bangkok and inundate the rest of Thailand,.... thank you for your kind understanding....:cheesy::cheesy:

I think you'll find that Bangkok is in worse shape than most of the rest of the country,  as far as floods are concerned.

The main English language newspaper has a "Tunnel" story  and city hall complains that the rains are "just too heavy". Oh dear!.

I live in the lower north and it seems the central region has been harder hit in places. Perhaps the government can divert the submarine funds to another sub-city tunnel fund.

21 hours ago, Pepper1959 said:

If there is one country that seems to have developed a whole of nation management system for its water and managed flooding to the best of its ability is the Netherlands. I know it has been working on it for literally centuries. However, at some point, Thailand has to adopt an integrated national water management system and I think this is one nation I would be interested in looking at if I was in government and genuinely interested in controlling annual floods. Both countries are similar  in some respects, large tracts of land suffering flooding on a year basis, but one has controlled their's whilst the other tells its citizens to suck eggs.

Assistance from the Nederlands was previously refused.