Bangkok floods: Pizza to go, please. I'm in the Nissan in front of Central....

webfact

Bangkok floods: Pizza to go, please. I'm in the Nissan in front of Central....

a1a.jpg

Image: Kapook

BANGKOK: -- Monday's terrible floods in Bangkok meant it was a nightmare to get home with people in some areas stuck in traffic that didn't move an inch for more than two hours.

But one woman who was starving and couldn't leave her car found the perfect solution - call for a pizza!

And the kind guys at The Pizza Company didn't bat an eyelid - they delivered to the woman who was stuck in front of Central Lat Prao, reports Kapook.

"Or Bu" posted her experience on Facebook and shared the story to the page of The Pizza Company 1112 Lover.

When she called up the operator had said: "Hi there Miss Or, send to the usual place?"

"Er...no....I'm not at home, I'm in my car, in front of Central...can you send it there"

"Sure." came back the cheery reply. It took the delivery man a while to get there in the gridlock but with the help of another call or two he located Or's Nissan and she got her pizza.

Like most Bangkok residents she was stoical about the traffic but had to agree that it helped matters to get her dinner on the go....well, the stop.

She had said that from 5.40 pm to past 7.30 pm the traffic had not moved at all.

Source: Kapook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-10-05

Sort of thing happens all the time when I work in Mumbai.  My solution is to use a driver, then train him that the first stop is a beer store. After that the only question is - is this a 1, 2 or 3 beer drive back...

My last driver commented one night as I was drinking beer, smoking and jamming on some tunes that when I ride in his car it is a bar car, his other passengers use it as a mobile office.

All the generals horses and all the generals men (and most of Thailands tax money) cannot keep Bangkok dry again. I am sure the good general dressed in his colorful haberdashery is viewing the whole situation much like Nero did. It amazes me that companies keep building these huge condo's there when the land is sinking and the water is rising. 

12 hours ago, BKKdreaming said:

I hope she shared with a couple other stuck drivers :)

I have done that a few times with  a cold bottle of water or a  cold Coke when we were stuck in traffic,

nice to have a big ice chest on a trip ......

If any food/drinkvendors were a bit smarter they would go to places with trafficjam like that and start vending to motorists.

Also at the housing estates there should be more vendors at the entrance or parkinglot.

2 hours ago, fruitman said:

If any food/drinkvendors were a bit smarter they would go to places with trafficjam like that and start vending to motorists.

Also at the housing estates there should be more vendors at the entrance or parkinglot.

If they did that the traffic jams would become a lot worse. Terrible idea, there are already vendors on the roads. I always wondered why they use razor wire on sections of the expressway going to Pattaya to block it off. It seemed like over kill to me until I realized that it would become flooded with vendors and dangerous if they didn't do it.

23 minutes ago, anotheruser said:

If they did that the traffic jams would become a lot worse. Terrible idea, there are already vendors on the roads. I always wondered why they use razor wire on sections of the expressway going to Pattaya to block it off. It seemed like over kill to me until I realized that it would become flooded with vendors and dangerous if they didn't do it.

There are several holes cut in that fence to pattaya, i studied it while wondering why they need that.

But that highway doesn't have as much trafficjam as BKK, the vendors can stand along the road and when you horn they come to the car, something like that. We have so much congestion in BKK and almost none drivethroughs or fastbuy places at fuelstations with decent food/snacks.  To go in the 711 is not easy, need to park first and wait for idiots who pay bills in there. Try going in/out a mall that takes at least an hour.

I often eat MacD. because they have fast service/aircon/fixed prices/same quality...i don't like their food though. Wished i can buy thai/asian food drivethrough and fast.

Those flowervendors at stoplight risk their lives all day long, motocycles race between the cars.

15 hours ago, BKKdreaming said:

I hope she shared with a couple other stuck drivers :)

I have done that a few times with  a cold bottle of water or a  cold Coke when we were stuck in traffic,

nice to have a big ice chest on a trip ......

Used my one phone call from jail once to order one, They let me eat it.  Drunk and disorderly at a big festival, Not a big deal.

9 minutes ago, fruitman said:

There are several holes cut in that fence to pattaya, i studied it while wondering why they need that.

But that highway doesn't have as much trafficjam as BKK, the vendors can stand along the road and when you horn they come to the car, something like that. We have so much congestion in BKK and almost none drivethroughs or fastbuy places at fuelstations with decent food/snacks.  To go in the 711 is not easy, need to park first and wait for idiots who pay bills in there. Try going in/out a mall that takes at least an hour.

I often eat MacD. because they have fast service/aircon/fixed prices/same quality...i don't like their food though. Wished i can buy thai/asian food drivethrough and fast.

Those flowervendors at stoplight risk their lives all day long, motocycles race between the cars.

i love you already, what's the problem?