German dies as locals assume he is drunk and leave him on the ground

webfact

I remember there was a young foreigner asleep outside my apartment building. I knew he liked a drink and he was probably passed out from drinking too much, but I asked if he was okay anyway. He rudely shouted "I'm okay!".

I didn't feel upset or embarrassed. I didn't feel I had lost face. I did the right thing. 

Further to my first post on this topic, I suffer from asthma and I recall my doctor telling me on a vistit to him where I told him I could not breathe and I sat down in the gutter and put my head between my legs and eventually I was able to breath. He told me not to worry about any future severe attacks as he said if I had passed out I would have started to breathe again of my own accord.

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

Pattaya isnt a good place to fall over and die at 1 AM in the morning .

An expensive restaurant in Chiang Mai at 2 PM would be a much better place to do it

There have been many expats peg out in Pattaya and many TV'ers have commented when their numbers up they would like to go with a bang too...:shock1:

2 hours ago, lungnorm said:

Further to my first post on this topic, I suffer from asthma and I recall my doctor telling me on a vistit to him where I told him I could not breathe and I sat down in the gutter and put my head between my legs and eventually I was able to breath. He told me not to worry about any future severe attacks as he said if I had passed out I would have started to breathe again of my own accord.

Ideally you shouldn't be getting attacks that need such action. Are you using both a rescue inhaler WITH a product that prevents attacks in the first place? I think for most asthmatics such a combination will prevent attacks for life ... so they die of something else. I'm not at all convinced this unfortunate German man died due to asthma based on the sketchy details provided.

Edited by Jingthing

18 hours ago, rkidlad said:

I remember there was a young foreigner asleep outside my apartment building. I knew he liked a drink and he was probably passed out from drinking too much, but I asked if he was okay anyway. He rudely shouted "I'm okay!".

I didn't feel upset or embarrassed. I didn't feel I had lost face. I did the right thing. 

It sounds like he did NOT think you did the right thing.

20 hours ago, lungnorm said:

3600+ people die from asthma every year in the US.

I don't disagree that the inhaler is inconclusive. I am just pointing out that it is plausible. 

Having once been resuscitated, after losing consciousness in an emergency ward from asthma, and knowing two people who died rather suddenly from asthma. I know that it is a real threat.