Surathani Airport Parking

cracker1

For many years I have enjoyed free parking at the Surathani Airport when I have traveled away for the odd week or so.

Was about to do the same next week but have been informed by the airport personnel that no overnight parking is now permitted ?

Can any member advise of alternate parking area's with shuttle's to and from the airport ?  Or any alternative parking services ?

mate, have been told the same thing, we fly out from here often and its never been a problem before but now suddenly it is for some reason. Apparently its been the law for some time but no one pushed it, we will have to grab a cab now or get friends to drive us, bit of a pain but at least its only a 20 minute drive for us. Hopefully they will set up some kind of long term parking  so people staying away overnight can park their cars there. You can catch an airport bus at the city bus station(in the market area) or catch a cab, the  blue and yellow ones seem to be ok and thats what we are going to use when we fly out next

Apparently, they have closed the parking so that they can build a proper car park. Then they will charge for parking like other airports.

At the moment it doesn't seem like there are any secure parking lots with shuttle service.

Probably won't take long for someone with an empty plot to think its a good money maker :)

• 3 weeks later...

Just found, out you can park at the new hotel in front of the airport and they will take to the departure area, dont know the cost yet but we are going to use it when we go overseas shortly. This should work out well, will let you know costs etc when I get back in a few weeks