PM Prayut halts water discharge from dams until farmers harvest all their crops

webfact

PM halts water discharge from dams until farmers harvest all their crops

04c964681d76f53712f3529bbe455f43-wpcf_72

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha yesterday ordered irrigation officials not to discharge water from dams into farmlands pending all paddies are harvested by farmers.

The order came after he made a daylong visit to check on the flood situation along the Noi river banks in Ayutthaya’s Sena district and to deliver aids to residents affected by floods.

Residents in the district are reported to suffer from flooding for two weeks as the result of the water discharge from dam.

The prime minister and his team travelled on boats along the Mae Nam Noi and he personally handed out aid packages.

Residents living along both banks of the Noi river in Ban Phaen and Ban Phor sub-districts in Sena district who are still besieged by more than 70 cm of flood waters rowed their boats to meet with Gen Prayut.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pm-halts-water-discharge-dams-farmers-harvest-crops/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-10-06

9 minutes ago, pookiki said:

For all those YL detractors who allege that she delayed the dam release so farmers could harvest their crops in 2011 - please take note!

The parallels are amazing aren't they, with dams almost filled to capacity, and record run-off working its way south. Oh wait.......

Trust he has given an end day to get the harvest completed and has made provision to store all the excess water and arranged for no more rain or run-off for what has already fallen.

Otherwise what could possibly go wrong.

Just now, chiang mai said:

This will be interesting, there's a couple of reservoirs in the North that are at 100% of capacity, the water has to go somewhere!

And there are a lot more that are not even half full.

Unfortunately I am on my second back up laptop and I don't have the links here.

1 minute ago, billd766 said:

And there are a lot more that are not even half full.

Unfortunately I am on my second back up laptop and I don't have the links here.

Do you really think they are discharging water from half filled dams? 

Probably no need for an answer as anything is likely in LOS.

"...Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha yesterday ordered irrigation officials not to discharge water from dams..."

"From the sacred shore I stand on, I command thee to retreat;
Venture not, thou stormy rebel, to approach thy master's seat:
Ocean, be thou still! I bid thee come not nearer to my feet!"

from King Canute by William Makepeace Thackeray

dam_water.jpg

2 hours ago, Artisi said:

Do you really think they are discharging water from half filled dams? 

Probably no need for an answer as anything is likely in LOS.

It's very very probable. The problem is salt water ingress in the Chao Praya in Bangkok, unless there's a sufficient flow of desalinated water from north to south to keep the salt water from the sea at bay, it will contaminate and forever make agricultural lands useless, that's the big threat and it's very real.

3 hours ago, pookiki said:

For all those YL detractors who allege that she delayed the dam release so farmers could harvest their crops in 2011 - please take note!

I imagine we won't see anyone demanding Prayut pay for it if it has the same effect.

5 minutes ago, bsdthai said:

My weird neighbour has about 12 massive wooden carved penis statues that he insits is bringing all the rain to help his farm.

Perhaps the flood affected can blame them?

are they attached to his  head?

6 hours ago, Artisi said:

Trust he has given an end day to get the harvest completed and has made provision to store all the excess water and arranged for no more rain or run-off for what has already fallen.

could be stored in all the holes hes  digging for himself

13 minutes ago, kannot said:

are they attached to his  head?

The guys a <deleted>head. Theres no mistaking that. Youd think there would be one being proudly displayed upon the guys head but it doesnt mean the guy doesnt have <deleted> on the brain.  Each to his own but worth shipping <deleted> is too much for me to grasp. They are Propped up all around the guys property. Crazy! 

Sorry for being off topic all but there could be something magical, mystical to do with it. LOS and big wooden rain making.......

11 hours ago, pookiki said:

I am not hopeful for the outcome of a repeat of the same actions providing a vastly different result.

13 hours ago, halloween said:

The parallels are amazing aren't they, with dams almost filled to capacity, and record run-off working its way south. Oh wait.......

Certainly amazing. Except one team has granted themselves blanket immunity from any and all wrong doing for ever and ever and still the fanclub band plays on.

20 hours ago, Artisi said:

Was actually Arthur Conan Doyle who said your quote. Not sure how to respond to your post script. I am not meaning to be rude but Sherlock Holmes didn't say anything, it was all his creator, but what you quoted is so correct many people should bear it in mind.

19 hours ago, starky said:

Certainly amazing. Except one team has granted themselves blanket immunity from any and all wrong doing for ever and ever and still the fanclub band plays on.

Are you aware of any wrong doing in this instance?

13 hours ago, maoro2013 said:

Was actually Arthur Conan Doyle who said your quote. Not sure how to respond to your post script. I am not meaning to be rude but Sherlock Holmes didn't say anything, it was all his creator, but what you quoted is so correct many people should bear it in mind.

No SH didn't really say anything, and neither did Arthur Conan Doyle , he just wrote the story - so maybe I better add the author into the reference.