sandgroper2

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, teacherpaul said:

The reasons people do this are the same as people posting photos of what they eat and their every thought - simple attention seeking.

Facebook is great for sharing news or funny stories, but unfortunately it gives a mouthpiece to those with far too much to say for themselves.

What a complete load of utter rubish. Your just to long in the tooth to accept change or not savvy enough to work FB out.

All kinds of different people use facebook for many different things. 
I know people who use it as a business to sell product.

Others share photos with family and friends that are far away.

Some only post political nonsense (to me it's nonsense, obviously they don't think so)

My ex-wife seems to only post pics of her cat (I unfriended her quickly)

Others seem to only post jokes  (sometimes funny sometimes not)

Yeah, there's the foodies, and the pet lovers, etc. it's not hard to scroll past them without so much as a look.

2 hours ago, teacherpaul said:

Facebook is great for sharing news or funny stories, but unfortunately it gives a mouthpiece to those with far too much to say for themselves.

I disagree and I am of the opposite opinion .

I can find news and funny stories from any other news and funny stories websites .

FB is more for personal info from friends .

FB is social media for social people, it isnt really for people who have nothing to say for themselves and would rather keep themselves to themselves and who are a bit shy and self conscious about having an opinion.

Anonymous forums are more suited to those people . 

4 hours ago, Dexlowe said:

I think you are being a little harsh, mate - certainly there are many people seeking attention, it's a symptom of our modern times which has relegated us to little insignificant boxes (metaphorically speaking). :smile:. But I don't think you can completely ignore the fact that many people are simply curious and like to hear differing opinions. It's all grist to the mill, even if it does put you to sleep sometimes.

I think the biggest problem with social media is that you don't generally hear differing opinions.  You hear the opinions of your friends and their friends, and other members of groups you belong to.  And so you end up with groupthink reinforcing pre-existing opinions that you share with your friends and other group members, with little dissent or criticism.