I overlooked listing my Thai bank savings account information on my Retirement Visa Application

I submitted my retirement visa application at CW, paid the fee and was told to return in a couple months,  and I was told I would receive my 12 month retirement visa at that time.  My financials were based on monthly retirement income, as documented by an official affidavit issued from my embassy.

Has anyone ever been called for not providing their Thai bank account information on a retirement visa application?

A GUESS here, but it sounds to me (based on the LONG WAIT) that what the OP is probably doing is the TWO STEP process of 

-- CHANGE OF STATUS of 30 day stamp or tourist visa to O visa in Thailand (available if you can apply for retirement extension later).

That gives a 90 day stay (single O).

Probably already done.

COMING LATER:

-- Application for annual extension based on retirement.  Typically done during the last 30 days of the 90 day stay.

That timing works out for the O.P.'s story and indeed he doesn't use the correct terms. 

Anyway, as the O.P.'s applications (BOTH of them) are based on INCOME METHOD, it should not be a problem that he didn't provide Thai bank account information. IF they do want that info for the SECOND STEP, they'll just ask for it at that time. 

O.P. -- you have your passport back, correct, and they stamped it for the first step, correct?

Or perhaps you're using an agent that's holding your passport?

Otherwise, my guess is wrong.  

Cheers. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, SteveSamui6262 said:

Thank you Phuket Man.  That's the way it appeared during my interaction with the IO.

It seemed the information and documentation I provided was acceptable.  I just do not understand the 2+ month delay in finalizing my 12 month extension.

I think you got a non immigrant visa and a 90 day entry. Look in your passport and I think you will see a visa stamp and a entry stamp under it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I think you got a non immigrant visa and a 90 day entry. Look in your passport and I think you will see a visa stamp and a entry stamp under it.

I admire how you say in a few words what takes me a lot more to say! :post-4641-1156694083:

• Like 1

Thank you Jingthing.  You & Phuket Man are right.  I just reviewed my passport.  I was issued a "Non-O-Retirement" stamp.  My current waiting period before returning to immigration is about 90 days, and yes, I will need to submit the same form as used for 90 day tourist visas + another fee when I return to their offices.

My Thai bank book balances are extremely low and therefore I didn't want to offer information which could cause me more red tape, or even worse, a red flag.

I'll never ever complain about the Thai visa system......

Have just completed the online for my wifes tourist visa for Australia.....get a new one each year....but now it's 18 pages and lots of attachments one must submit.....then a biometric ID only available in BKK!