Test Your Color Vision Deficiency

Fact: 1 in 255 women and 1 in 12 men suffer from ‘color vision deficiency’ according to the stats provided by X-Rite Photo & Video and Pantone in their newly formulated Color IQ Challenge. Pantone is known for their “products & guides for accurate communication of color” and this test may just give you the information you need to perfect your color and hue detection.

Based on the Farnsworth Munsell 100 Hue Test, this online test is designed to gauge your ‘color vision acuity’. For those of us that spend hours on end focusing on our color-calibrated monitors, post-producing and retouching images, this may be a great way for you to gauge whether or not your sense of color detection is up to par.

The lower the score the better (for once) because in this case, zero is a perfect score. The circle graph displays the regions of the color spectrum where your hue discrimination is low.

http://www.xrite.com/en/hue-test

• 1 month later...

Wow, makes my day,

At least one capability that has not degraded with the years :biggrin:

(won't show it to my colorblind mate who is afraid how to get his Thai driving licenses extended)

I took quite a lot of time and enlarged the view to improve.

Done on a wornout cheapish laptop LCD.

score.jpg

Score: 0

• Gender  Male
  • Select Age Range  50 - 59
  • Best Score for your Gender  0
  • Worst Score for your Gender  128

About your score: A lower score is better, with ZERO being a perfect score. The circle graph displays the regions of the color spectrum where your hue discrimination is low.

1 hour ago, wump said:

This can't be a proper color deficiency test. They were about to not give me a driving licence because of colour "blindness" yet I got a perfect score in this test?!

I don't even know how to do it, I don't even know what hue means.

Good to know....

My Results

Score: 0

• Gender  Male

• Select Age Range  50 - 59

• Worst Score for your Gender  128

About your score: A lower score is better, with ZERO being a perfect score. The circle graph displays the regions of the color spectrum where your hue discrimination is low.

Score: 0

• Gender  Male
  • Select Age Range  60 - 69
  • Worst Score for your Gender  108

About your score: A lower score is better, with ZERO being a perfect score. The circle graph displays the regions of the color spectrum where your hue discrimination is low.

This was really interesting - I was surprised I got 0 but happy anyway!!

8 hours ago, CaptHaddock said:

I don't think it's a very good test.  I got a 12.  However on this sample from the Ishihara color blindness test I could get only one of the eight correct answers, which correlates better with my experience.

http://colorvisiontesting.com/ishihara.htm

I got only a 6 in the hue-test, but i liked yours from ishihara, i could just go straight trough it as i saw the numbers quiet clear.

Colours are not hues if you are colour blind you still see hues, just in a different colour.

This test was aimed at photographers who edit digital photos, a camera doesn't see colour it just captures the light spectrum as it is.

Imagine I posted a photo with blue grass anyone with normal vision will think what the duck, he's dropped some acid again.

I got a 16 last night and 10 this morning... they only give best and worst scores... I would like to know the average, but it seems from this group the average is that if you score zero, you report it - if not, you don't...

the darn little squares kept changing color depending upon their neighbors... 

Archived