Re-entry Permit At Phuket Airport - Where - How

JennyJJ

What kind of visa do you have now?

Unless it is a multiple entry type visa upon your return you will only get a 30 day stamp.

You would have to go to immigration in Phuket town prior to leaving to get any other type of re-entry permit. Or get another visa in Singapore.

Thanks, was just asking as I though I had seen them at the airport.

Only Phuket Town? Would the Patong office be a possibility?

Thank you for your help.

You can ask but to my knowledge the Patong office doesn't have much authority over non-immigrant visas which is what I'm assuming you have.

If it's a question of adding multiple entries to a tourist I don't know.

Patong mainly just gives tourist visa extensions and issues residence certifications.

If you're in Patong it's easy enough to ask them as they are pretty easygoing and not as hectic as the Phuket town office.

Thanks, was just asking as I though I had seen them at the airport.

Only Phuket Town? Would the Patong office be a possibility?

Thank you for your help.

You can ask but to my knowledge the Patong office doesn't have much authority over non-immigrant visas which is what I'm assuming you have.

If it's a question of adding multiple entries to a tourist I don't know.

Patong mainly just gives tourist visa extensions and issues residence certifications.

If you're in Patong it's easy enough to ask them as they are pretty easygoing and not as hectic as the Phuket town office.

You can also try in Chalong Immigration Office. Not as hectic as Phuket Town Office and "full" Immigration Office (unlike Patong, which is actually Tourist Police).

You can also try in Chalong Immigration Office. Not as hectic as Phuket Town Office and "full" Immigration Office (unlike Patong, which is actually Tourist Police).

Really where are they? It would be very nice not to have to deal with the Phuket Town immigration.

I've been here three years and this is the first time I've heard about it!

Edited by kasi

Happy to report that I got my re-entry stamp from the PATONG immigration office - B1000. (for a Non-Imm-B )

Another person told me there was an office at the airport. I will look when I go. I just didn't want to put off getting it - and then find out I couldn't.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Edited by JennyJJ

Really where are they? It would be very nice not to have to deal with the Phuket Town immigration.

I've been here three years and this is the first time I've heard about it!

Sorry for late reply.

It's Chalong Circle and you take the small street to Chalong Pier. Arriving at the car park you can see a small building to the left at the beach (some stairs up). Go a bit round the building and then you will find the entrance.

• 2 years later...

Hii,

I mean I should go to Phuket town immi office to have a re-entry permit for my Non-B visa. but how long do I have to be present in the office to get the re-entry permit processed. Is it 30 mins to 1 hr? JenyJJ wrote it is possible to get re-entry permit from Patong immigration office, too. Can you let me have the location guidance for Patong immigration office? My house nearer to Patong than to Phuket town. Thanks.

I mean I should go to Phuket town immi office to have a re-entry permit for my Non-B visa. but how long do I have to be present in the office to get the re-entry permit processed. Is it 30 mins to 1 hr? JenyJJ wrote it is possible to get re-entry permit from Patong immigration office, too. Can you let me have the location guidance for Patong immigration office? My house nearer to Patong than to Phuket town. Thanks.

Depends on how busy the Phuket Office. There should be a queuing ticket system but I've never seen that in operation. First thing to do it go over to the far left side, locate the appropriate form, fill it in, then fight your way to the front line desk, and get a front row seat. You will need a copy of the relevant pages in your passport, and a photograph. Can take as little as 10 minutes if office is quiet. If busy then allow an hour.

I never heard of Chalong immigration office!!! Can you do 90 day reporting there?
No. The office is on the pier, and is hardly ever used. All reporting, application etc. has to be done in Phuket Town or Patong.

I never heard of Chalong immigration office!!! Can you do 90 day reporting there?
No. The office is on the pier, and is hardly ever used. All reporting, application etc. has to be done in Phuket Town or Patong.

SO what is it for? people coming in on Boats? Pity that organize that office to accept the simple 90 day reporting. Hardly a technical :o procedure!

When they just opened there were immigration officers on the pier every morning, so all, well nearly all, diving instructors at that point in time were working legally, the rest was scared to death and sorted things out straight away. But the last 2 years nothing much has happened there. I never see somebody there, but I'm there before the official opening times.

So my guess is: only used for people coming in on boats at the moment.

SO what is it for? people coming in on Boats? Pity that organize that office to accept the simple 90 day reporting. Hardly a technical :o procedure!

Even Patong offers very limited services. When the new immigration office was opened in Phuket Town more staff was needed, with no budget for staff increase. So officers from the sub-offices (Patong & Chalong) were re-assigned back to Phuket Town. There was a lot of talk about Patong office even closing down last year. I've given up going to Patong for even 90 day reporting. About all they do is the 7 day extension for tourists. Good money maker at 1,900 baht a pop.

About 7 years ago when I was issued a one year extension of stay I did not get a multiple re entry permit which I normally do when my one year visa is issued. Simple reason, I did not have enough money in my pocket & figured I could go back before I left the country which was on a regular basis in those days. Ultimately I forgot & upon realising my oversight tried to get one outside of Thailand to no avail. Upon returning I pleaded with immigration at Phuket Airport to issue a re entry permit but the only resposne was Phuket Town. They gave me a 90 day tourist visa which was applicable to my passport then, it is not now. I literally had to go back to square one in the process of getting a one year permit including having to get a non immigrant visa outside of Thailand.

In all the years Ihave been dealing with immigration in Phuket Town there has never been any hassles & I find the yearly trek for one year permit to be relatively trouble free apart from not having enough copies of everything they require. Although the 90 day reporting is annoying I find it generally only takes a few minutes unless you have to complete a new form which makes it slightly longer.

On another front the labour department has made life easier if you have a work permit as now you can get two years except if you are working in a company that has to have special licences such as alcohol & apparently they will only issue the work permit for the validity of the license.

Immigration used to mention a re-entry permit is required when issuing a one year extension. They have lots of aggro from folks leaving the country, to find that there current visa type was canceled if no re-entry permit. There is no appeal, that's it.

Used to be the the old slip in passport had a new date stamped on it. But these past months a whole new application &photo must be submitted.

I've never had any problems (well not much) with Phuket office. Quite efficient, rattle through the people waiting, although bringing the queue ticket system into use (they have one, turned off) would be good.

Yes, I was surprised this year when Labour Office asked me if I wanted a 2 years stamp. I jumped at that, only need some company financial details (we don't have any sort of license), bang 2 years. I believe there is a 5 years option as well.