Highway road rage shooting: Vios owner says she lent her car to a relative

rooster59

Highway road rage shooting: Vios owner says she lent her car to a relative

aHR0cDovL3BlMS5pc2Fub29rLmNvbS9ucy8wL3VkLzQxNi8yMDgwMDA2L25ld3MxMS5qcGc=.jpg
Image: Sanook

BANGKOK:-- The owner of the Vios car from which a person used a gun to shoot at a Vigo pick up truck on Wednesday has met with police.

Imjai, 37, admitted the Vios was hers but said that she had lent it to a relative. She said she will come into Bang Bua Thong police station with the relative on Saturday.

The shooting was caught on a dash-cam and shared online causing uproar in social media. The incident happened on Route 345 heading out of Bangkok towards Bang Bua Thong.

Imjai (whose surname was withheld) said that her relative had borrowed the car to do some business in Bang Yai. She knew nothing about it until the story broke on social media and in the press.

She confronted her relative who told her that the pick-up had cut in front and slammed on the brakes in what the relative thought was a deliberate attempt to cause the Vios to hit the back of the pickup.

The relative was so cross that a gun was picked up and a shot fired at the pick-up.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-10-08

The relative was so cross that a gun was picked up and a shot fired.

Is that because there was already a gun in the vehicle readily available to be picked up or because the relative just happened to have one with him ?

Hope the BIB have their best resources on this one.

39 minutes ago, Sphere said:

Just need to find now the owner of the gun, and the relative he lent it to. 

Then the owner of the bullet, and his relative.

And, so on....

Sooner or later one of them will know the "right person" to call, and look, hey presto,  it will all go away!

49 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

can see this happening a lot now,"it wasn't me, it was a friend of a friend of a friend !"  forgot his/her name.

It is my perception only that the entire cultural nuance of "losing face" creates a facade that spawns and reinforces that no one has to be accountable or responsible for anything. Perfectly acceptable in this society. And senior management will always back the junior members in their workplace.

Just as in the multitude of excuses from road accidents. It was the fault of the road, the rain, the tree (s), the median, the brakes, the tires, ....................but never the driver.

It is obvious from watching the video that the guy in the Vios started riding the rear end of the truck to get the Vigo driver to move to the left lane so he could pass.  All the guy had to do was pass the Vigo in the left lane, but these types of people are so arrogant that they demand their way.  This happens to me very often.  I will be running at or above the speed limit in the right lane and maybe I'm momentarily distracted by a conversation with my wife, then all of a sudden I will look in my rear view mirror and see some nutcase right on my butt. They have every opportunity to simply pass me on the left, but they feel it is their right to force me to move over and will even begin to pass me on the right when there is no roadway left to do so, thus endangering all of our lives and the lives of others in a possible wreck. When this happens I will always tap my brakes and slow down to get the driver to back off, and they eventually go around me.  That's exactly what the guy in the Vigo did, and this Vios driver was just arrogant and selfish enough to turn it into a road rage incident. Just another example of the sensitive Thai male ego being bruised!   

3 minutes ago, fittobethaied said:

It is obvious from watching the video that the guy in the Vios started riding the rear end of the truck to get the Vigo driver to move to the left lane so he could pass.  All the guy had to do was pass the Vigo in the left lane, but these types of people are so arrogant that they demand their way.  This happens to me very often.  I will be running at or above the speed limit in the right lane and maybe I'm momentarily distracted by a conversation with my wife, then all of a sudden I will look in my rear view mirror and see some nutcase right on my butt. They have every opportunity to simply pass me on the left, but they feel it is their right to force me to move over and will even begin to pass me on the right when there is no roadway left to do so, thus endangering all of our lives and the lives of others in a possible wreck. When this happens I will always tap my brakes and slow down to get the driver to back off, and they eventually go around me.  That's exactly what the guy in the Vigo did, and this Vios driver was just arrogant and selfish enough to turn it into a road rage incident. Just another example of the sensitive Thai male ego being bruised!   

Why do you not just keep to the left ??

Just now, Seismic said:

I always do keep in the left lane, but this usually happens on a trip on the highway out of town and I'm passing a long line of slow movers in the left lane, then all of a sudden I'll look up and see some fool flying up behind me doing 130 kms per hour, and they're going so fast they seem to come out of nowhere.  However, they could still maneuver around me in a case like that, but they are intent on making me move over quickly.  If I overreacted and moved to the left at the same time they may decide to go around me on the left, then I am creating a potentially dangerous situation for a collision.  It's better to tap the break and get the guy behind me to give me some distance so I can then decide what's best and safest for me to do next.

13 minutes ago, fittobethaied said:

Sorry pal, but you're a very bad driver! If there is space on the left, you should be on the left, as far to the left as possible. Don't lane hog.

You're one of the silly people.

1 hour ago, whatproblem said:

After the "ok ,don't do it again " I wonder if plod will take the gun away from them 

hand guns are quite expensive and the punishment must fit the crime. it is worth far more than the 500thb fine. anyway the shooter has lent the gun to another family who will not be able to report to the police station until late next year.

1 hour ago, catinthehat said:

Hit man, gold shop owner, body guard, loan shark, bank robber, drug dealer, ...........................

Local school boy, alcoholic nutter with no job, the list is endless

A post containing inflammatory comments has been removed:

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

1 hour ago, Seismic said:
1 hour ago, fittobethaied said:

I always do keep in the left lane, but this usually happens on a trip on the highway out of town and I'm passing a long line of slow movers in the left lane, then all of a sudden I'll look up and see some fool flying up behind me doing 130 kms per hour, and they're going so fast they seem to come out of nowhere.  However, they could still maneuver around me in a case like that, but they are intent on making me move over quickly.  If I overreacted and moved to the left at the same time they may decide to go around me on the left, then I am creating a potentially dangerous situation for a collision.  It's better to tap the break and get the guy behind me to give me some distance so I can then decide what's best and safest for me to do next.

Your explanation makes no sense.  If you are passing other cars in the "slow lane" you should be concentrating on passing and going above the speed limit to pass as quickly as possible, before going back to left lane and carrying on your conversation with your wife!