• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, SaintLouisBlues said:

Precisely my point. They come here for an easy source of income. Take that away and they'll go somewhere else. They won't look for another easy source of income here. By the way it's "hissy" not "hizzy" (or even "jizzy")

You think they will just get on a plane and go home? You don't think they will just move on to other scams and rackets?  

I also don't consider it a win if they just get pushed into Cambodia. There are a whole host of reasons that deporting criminals has to happen regardless of their income sources. Why would you not want these people to be deported? 

Edited by anotheruser

5 minutes ago, Ronuk said:

Is it really? When was the last time a white man or a family going on holiday attempted to bring an airliner down? Fact is the western security forces would love to use profiling in order to make the world a safer place but are stopped from doing so by the bleeding heart, yellow livered liberals that run society.

No. They are stopped because it is stupid and inefficient. 

15 minutes ago, RickBradford said:

Your relentless virtue signalling is getting very tiresome.

The Bangkok police know for a fact that many of the Africans hanging around the Nana area are into the drugs trade and other forms of malfeasance, at a much higher rate than other ethnicities.

They got a 20% success rate of those they checked, which is very high for a random sweep of the streets. If they did it again tonight, they'd get 20% once more.

It's called the real world, somewhere you should make a note to visit one of these days.

No. It's called racism. 

17 minutes ago, mcfish said:

What skin color are 90% of terrorists? As law enforcement eg CIA With limited resources, you can't track everyone would you be looking for blue eyed blondes and Christians the same way as Muslims?

Use your brain dude

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

Perhaps you should take your own advice. 

6 minutes ago, Ronuk said:

Is it really? When was the last time a white man or a family going on holiday attempted to bring an airliner down? 

Decent white guy Breivik killed most people on some island. Decent white man owed multinationals have directly and indirectly killed the equivalent of 10.000 airliners in the last 25 years. Same same but different. U still dont get it do u? Read chomski...

Just now, anotheruser said:

You think they will just get on a plane and go home? You don't think they will just move on to other scams and rackets? 

There's no evidence one way or the other, but on the balance of probabilities they'll head off since drug dealing is a high value, low effort, no skills proposition. Protection rackets and prostitution are the next two in the hierarchy of criminal activity but I think the Thais and the Japanese mafia between them have those two fairly tightly sewn up. Internet scams don't require a local presence, but a much higher level of skills or investment. Unless you believe there's some way of completely eliminating criminal behaviour that no-one in human history has yet come across, the two best alternatives are decriminalisation or, more drastically, capital punishment for all offenders

So I guess when the Thai police shut down a bar on walking street in Pattaya and test all the farang that that is racist too ? Or is it that the bar is full of white farang who just happen to be in the area. Stop pulling the race card every time you don't like something. Many white people are sick and tired of it and it does not help the cause it only creates more hate.

1 minute ago, SaintLouisBlues said:

There's no evidence one way or the other, but on the balance of probabilities they'll head off since drug dealing is a high value, low effort, no skills proposition. Protection rackets and prostitution are the next two in the hierarchy of criminal activity but I think the Thais and the Japanese mafia between them have those two fairly tightly sewn up. Internet scams don't require a local presence, but a much higher level of skills or investment. Unless you believe there's some way of completely eliminating criminal behaviour that no-one in human history has yet come across, the two best alternatives are decriminalisation or, more drastically, capital punishment for all offenders

Or they move on to robberies, ATM skimming, pickpocketing, and all the other scams they currently do. You have to understand they come from very desperate countries and circumstances. They are not going to willingly get on a plane back to Zimbabwe or South Sudan. 

So answer my question... Is there any down side to deporting people on over stays and known to deal drugs? 

3 minutes ago, anotheruser said:

I also don't consider it a win if they just get pushed into Cambodia. There are a whole host of reasons that deporting criminals has to happen regardless of their income sources. Why would you not want these people to be deported? 

So answer my question... Is there any down side to deporting people on over stays and known to deal drugs? 

What's the difference between deporting them and exporting them, in your mind? You think they'll stay in their own country, once deported?

7 minutes ago, SaintLouisBlues said:

What's the difference between deporting them and exporting them, in your mind? You think they'll stay in their own country, once deported?

Deported puts them on a blacklist. You can not grasp this concept? Also when somebody is deported they are deported almost always to their country of origin. This makes it much more difficult and expensive for them to come back to a neighboring country.

So yes, I would rather see them deported to country of origin rather than simply moving over to Cambodia and setting up shop over night. 

The other benefit to deportation to country of origin is that local law enforcement then also has a very good opportunity to scrutinize them and check for warrants and criminal matters with in that country. If they have any major warrants it is an excellent time to detain them for any outstanding issues. 

Edited by anotheruser

17 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

No. It's called racism. 

No, it's called the real world.

In an era of globalisation, when s**heads of all description have the means to roam the planet, racial profiling has been proved in practice to work to deter criminals.

Take the very visible area of airline security. Guess which airline is routinely named the world's most secure. Answer: El Al. It is noted for its passenger profiling (which certainly includes racial characteristics) and has even been sued by upset passengers who were refused boarding.

El Al know it works, the Bangkok police know it works, only you are still on the outer wailing feebly about racism. You've just about worn that toy out now.

Edited by RickBradford

Considering that Africans must be one of the smallest groups to visit Thailand ( when compared against Europeans and Asians ) they certainly seem to be a large percentage of the foreign prison population. :whistling:

TOP 10 OF FOREIGN NATIONALS IN THAI PRISONS (2009)

1. Myanmar (3,787)
2. Lao (1,994)
3. Cambodia (1,445)
4. Malaysia (325)
5. China (252)
6. Singapore (115)
7. Nigeria (94)
8. Taiwan (91)
9. Vietnam (85)
10. Ghana (65)

Not many "Farangs" listed there. Here are the figures for the Farang Prisoners:

Europe: 149
USA: 47
Australia: 15

2 minutes ago, anotheruser said:

Deported puts them on a blacklist. You can not grasp this concept?

I can grasp it, I don't believe it is as effective as removing their easiest source of income. You appear to be living in a fantasy world where most people are law-abiding conformists like yourself. Go read some foreign newspapers about how many "ordinary" people are scamming supermarket self-service checkouts or filling out mortgage applications with false information or lying on their CVs so they can get a better-paid job. Dealing drugs in Soi 3 is on a behavioral continuum, it's not a binary world of the law-abiding many and the law-breaking few - there's no such thing.

Just now, RickBradford said:

In an era of globalisation, when <deleted> of all description have the means to roam the planet, racial profiling has been proved in practice to work to deter criminals.

Take the very visible area of airline security. Guess which airline is routinely named the world's most secure. Answer: El Al. It is noted for its passenger profiling (which certainly includes racial characteristics) and has even been sued by upset passengers who were refused boarding.

El Al know it works, the Bangkok police know it works, only you are still on the outer wailing feebly about racism. You've just about worn that toy out now.

Never profile a Super Car owner. He bought it to go Slow. Why do we have so many P.C creeps about these days. 

1 minute ago, SaintLouisBlues said:

I can grasp it, I don't believe it is as effective as removing their easiest source of income. You appear to be living in a fantasy world where most people are law-abiding conformists like yourself. Go read some foreign newspapers about how many "ordinary" people are scamming supermarket self-service checkouts or filling out mortgage applications with false information or lying on their CVs so they can get a better-paid job. Dealing drugs in Soi 3 is on a behavioral continuum, it's not a binary world of the law-abiding many and the law-breaking few - there's no such thing.

If you can't see that deportation is a powerful tool for enforcing the law I don't know what to say to you. Everything I said in my last post is true. I am not saying deportation is the only tool in the tool box. It is one that can be used in conjunction with other options. Deport the ones you catch and try to strangle the others financially to thwart their criminal activities. 

Just to be clear you don't feel that people that are guilty of drug dealing should be deported? 

4 minutes ago, anotheruser said:

If you can't see that deportation is a powerful tool for enforcing the law I don't know what to say to you. Everything I said in my last post is true. I am not saying deportation is the only tool in the tool box. It is one that can be used in conjunction with other options. Deport the ones you catch and try to strangle the others financially to thwart their criminal activities. 

Just to be clear you don't feel that people that are guilty of drug dealing should be deported? 

I believe it is ineffective

12 minutes ago, RickBradford said:

In an era of globalisation, when s**heads of all description have the means to roam the planet, racial profiling has been proved in practice to work to deter criminals.

No. 

Racial profiling is racism. 

Stopping people on the basis of their colour is racism. 

2 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

No.

All racist terms used in hate by foul bigots are equally disgusting.

As are those who defend using such terms. 

Police did a good job in my eyes, I hate being accosted by the Africans in that area, they are always staring at you, and if you make eye contact they are offering you drugs, good riddance I say 

1 minute ago, Bluespunk said:

Yes. 

Because it is...

Kind of amazes me how people who take so much offense at the "onerous and xenophobic requirements" of being a foreigner staying in Thailand, don't seem to mind when the attention is focused on some other group.

As if it's somehow okay when it's that other group being hassled.  (But we contribute so much to the economy so leave us alone.)

1 minute ago, Bluespunk said:

No. 

Racial profiling is racism. 

Stopping people on the basis of their colour is racism. 

I get what you're saying.

You hold your feeling about "bad" racism as more important than the proven effectiveness of racial profiling in deterring crime and terrorism.

You're not alone in that; many western European politicians are equally foolish. Which is why the people of Europe are turning their backs on their 'leaders' in unprecedented numbers.