Thai rapper criticized for lyrics in his song about direct marketers

rooster59

Thai rapper criticized for lyrics in his song about direct marketers

049e6b.jpg
Image: TNN

BANGKOK:-- Well know Thai rapper Oui Buddhabless was criticized for the lyrics in his song about direct marketers.

People in the business were furious when he sang: "I lost my friends because of direct sales".

The rapper was commenting on the annoying habit of people who phone you up unsolicited and try to sell you things you don't want.

The marketers were furious that it painted them in a bad light.

The rapper said it was not his intention to present everyone in the business in a bad way. There were good and bad in all professions and walks of life, he said.

His fans backed him up and just said he was commenting on an issue in society and was not trying to harm anyone.

The rapper cheekily said he may change the lyric to "I lost my friends because of roundabout selling".

A British website that got hold of the story earlier in the week suggested that the rapper had changed the wording slightly and this had appeased his critics.

Source: TNN

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-10-09

13 hours ago, rooster59 said:
The rapper said it was not his intention to present everyone in the business in a bad way. There were good and bad in all professions and walks of life, he said.

Not in direct sales there aren't. 

Annoying <deleted>, the lot of them. 

I hate the scum marketers who constantly call you on the phone, they normally appear to be Indian with very poor English and no matter what tone or words you use to say bugger off and shove your unwanted product wherever they still call back twice a day.  They are bottom feeders who seem to get pleasure out of hassling people and destroying thier quality of life.

A cold-call to all the telemarketers out there - The truth hurts, doesn't it !!! 

According to this usual TNN drivel, Buddhabless seems to have really hit a nerve with these turkeys! 

In a response typical of a usurper, we are told they were furious that his lyrics painted them in a bad light - well,  boo hoo,  somebody should just cold-call them at an inconvenient time and infuriate them some more! 

images (8).jpg

Edited by waldroj

6 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

He referred to direct marketers, boiler room workers, hucksters as a profession? Seriously? A profession. :sick:

Add insurance salespersons.

Cold called my son who said 'send your brochure'. Few days later son did buy a family health package, but from a different more credibly company.

First guy calls back tries to tell my son 'who have to sign my policy today, it's the law, because i sent you an on-line link'.

Son refuses  and tells the first agent 'no more discussion on this'. Agents responses 'well by Thai law you have to send me 500Baht compensation for breaking the law.' 

Son hangs up, a few minutes later son gets an SMS with the agents personal bank account details. Ignored.

Edited by scorecard

5 hours ago, Thechook said:

I hate the scum marketers who constantly call you on the phone, they normally appear to be Indian with very poor English and no matter what tone or words you use to say bugger off and shove your unwanted product wherever they still call back twice a day.  They are bottom feeders who seem to get pleasure out of hassling people and destroying thier quality of life.

We also have them in Europe, to stop them calling me i cancelled the fixed phoneline...don't need it anymore.

And for my mobiles i have secret numbers which i never put anywhere. Sure not in thai shops or banks.

There is something very wrong with this. If some cold caller got genuinely furious because of these lyrics, I'd have to suggest they seek a mental health expert. Now with social media being so prevalent the culture of thinking you have the right not to be offended will soon change. Best way to avoid criticism? Don't be a goon. 

5 hours ago, fruitman said:

We also have them in Europe, to stop them calling me i cancelled the fixed phoneline...don't need it anymore.

And for my mobiles i have secret numbers which i never put anywhere. Sure not in thai shops or banks.

In my country they call with private numbers or weird looking often foreign numbers. I simply dont pick up. Period. If its important they can leave a message. Which they never do. I have never felt annoyed by them let alone ordered something. Thai people are often too friendly and naive. Ideal combination for skammers and crooks. Also clearly visible in the politics they get/deserve...

13 hours ago, rkidlad said:

There is something very wrong with this. If some cold caller got genuinely furious because of these lyrics, I'd have to suggest they seek a mental health expert. Now with social media being so prevalent the culture of thinking you have the right not to be offended will soon change. Best way to avoid criticism? Don't be a goon. 

Good points.

I suggest that many of these callers believe they are:  special, important and glamorous, and should be put on a pedestal.

Son's first wife got tricked into two very expensive valueless health insurance policies by a fast talking agent, just after their marriage his wife told told my son she needed cash to make the monthly payments.

Son investigated and demanded the insurance agent girl come to his condo. She arrived and instantly demanded Starbucks coffee. Son said no, his wife got very nervous and whispered to son 'but she's so famous'.

She got thrown out into the corridor along with her papers within the next few minutes.