Video at level crossing: Granddad didn't mind the gap but at least the amulets saved everyone

webfact

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Sooo Upto Me said:

I wonder if these amulets can control their brain?

Also amazing  how the pick up driver behind didn t even bother to get out an help. 

Amulets and their brain, have something in common, when the amulet is made, there is no way of putting any "magic" into it, when their brain is made, there is no way of putting common sense into it, both are useless.

Amulet saved everyones life,, oh please.

Rather then try and divert everyones attention away by stupidly claiming a necklace save the day perhaps he should reflect on his stupid and irresponsible driving that could have killed everyone. 

Wake up Grandad and stop driving like a total idiot.

1 hour ago, anotheruser said:

Just when you think they guy couldn't be dumber, this comes out. Amulets only save lives when nobody dies it seems. Then again you have to break eggs to make omelettes so it all balances out. 

Sad but true, never a mention of the amulets by the roadside as they scrape up another dead body from the country with the worlds most dangerous roads.

Stupid driving is so prevalent here, I am sorry to say but they just cannot drive, simple as that. Not because they are incapable of course but simply because the driving lessons and driving tests are a complete farce, no education, no enforcement, nobody cares.

I have never seen or even heard of anyone done for speeding or reckless driving. If you come form a Western country think about that, no enforcement of speeding or reckless driving at all! 

Just lazy police stops checking documents for cash. Far too much effort to chase down the speeding and reckless fools.

1 hour ago, dictater said:

There was finally a crossing barrier put in on the tracks near my house but the arms come down ten minutes before the train comes, so therefore everyone, including the police whose station is just next to it and myself ignore them and do what we always did, look up and down the tracks and proceed. 

Very good point. But the fact he failed to see the train should disqualify him from driving anymore ever....

Edited by AlQaholic

1 minute ago, biggles45 said:

Not just the Thais have this ridiculous belief in the power of some divine being to save them from harm. They conveniently ignore those who die, still believing. 

They cannot all be that stupid, I mean people have a built in sense of self preservation don't they?

I would think that most people in the World harbour this sense of keeping themselves and their families safe from harm and only a total and complete buffoon would wear a charm around their neck as a substitute and plough on regardless of inherent danger,,, surely I am right,,,, aren't I?

1 hour ago, sahibji said:

we all need some sort of faith. if your faith in amulets is strong perhaps some divine power is protecting you. best of luck.

No, "we all" don't.  You use mealy mouthed, conditional words like "if" and "perhaps".  :bah:   

Which means you've got no effin' idea what you're on about, you're just regurgitating someone else's  made up nonsense.   "If" you knew anything, you would say so and then, "perhaps", you wouldn't sound like such a twit.

1 minute ago, 55Jay said:

No, "we all" don't.  You use mealy mouthed, conditional words like "if" and "perhaps".  :bah:   

Which means you've got no effin' idea what you're on about, you're just regurgitating someone else's  made up nonsense.   "If" you knew anything, you would say so and then, "perhaps", you wouldn't sound like such a twit.

Not sure he was referring to religion, but I could be wrong.

Example, your family have faith in your driving ability and judgement every time they get in the car right? And if your judgement is appalling their faith in you is misplaced. So, everyone has to have faith in something be it wordly or religious.

Anyway, don't want to overcomplicate this or get to heavy. My applicable point is this, that Grandad had a duty of care to drive sensibly with his grandson /family in the truck. Their faith in his ability to drive responsibly and avoid unnecessary risks with youngsters on board was seriously misplaced as he seems to put their well being and safety in the necklace he wears. He should be ashamed of himself for risking the lives of and nearly killing his family members,,, never mind his bloody necklace.

so busy looking for something which wasn't there - the gap, something of nothing

yet he never once thought something was about to turn him into a nothing

probably the same thinking as when a car pops out in front of you, from a side street:

if he don't look (for you)

he don't see (you)

therefore (you) are not there

Maybe the amulet was as big as a buddha statue, and filled the window to block the view?

...it may as well have been!!

39 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

Not sure he was referring to religion, but I could be wrong.

Example, your family have faith in your driving ability and judgement every time they get in the car right? And if your judgement is appalling their faith in you is misplaced. So, everyone has to have faith in something be it wordly or religious.

Anyway, don't want to overcomplicate this or get to heavy. My applicable point is this, that Grandad had a duty of care to drive sensibly with his grandson /family in the truck. Their faith in his ability to drive responsibly and avoid unnecessary risks with youngsters on board was seriously misplaced as he seems to put their well being and safety in the necklace he wears. He should be ashamed of himself for risking the lives of and nearly killing his family members,,, never mind his bloody necklace.

Yes, you could be wrong.  I'm content to wait for a response from him, if any.  If none, that's fine by me too.

I am not religious so I view this incident as a criminal offence for not obeying traffic law...but that's a point! Is it against an actual law to cross when the warning signals & barriers are in operation? Does a poster here Know? If so then the driver should also be charged with endangering the lives of his passengers but I doubt anything like that will happen. 

Bravo! Now that demented idiot is so totally convinced of the power of his stupid amulet that from now on he can drive even more recklessly.

Get this twit off the roads before someone actually dies!

And charge him with five offences:

1) ignoring a warning sign

2) crossing a railroad track illegally (i.e. driving around the half-barriers instead of staying on his side of the road)

2) being unfit to drive (he obviously must be blind AND deaf for not seeing those bright lights nor hear or see the train coming)

3) willfully endangering the lives of others

4) damaging public property (let him pay for the damage to the track and locomotive)

Oh, and did anyone notice the empty M-150 bottle under the seat? They usually gulp that dangerous crap down to stay "awake and alert".