Video at level crossing: Granddad didn't mind the gap but at least the amulets saved everyone

webfact

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Why am I not surprised?

I saw examples of stupidity every time I made a long journey on Thai roads. Sometimes I nearly died because of idiots driving a lethal weapon. That I didn't may be down to the amulets my wife put in the car!

I see multiple examples of stupidity just riding my bicycle down Jomtien road. Idiots on 2-strokes weaving between cars at 60km/h, Song-Taews stopping in the middle of the road and driving off at the same time as someone is driving around them, Fortuners tailgating and racing up to the back of other cars every time they dangerously pass one with oncoming traffic, the list goes on...

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, dictater said:

There was finally a crossing barrier put in on the tracks near my house but the arms come down ten minutes before the train comes, so therefore everyone, including the police whose station is just next to it and myself ignore them and do what we always did, look up and down the tracks and proceed. 

Then you won't last long either, was this your grand dad?

1 hour ago, GAZZPA said:

What does that mean? 

"You Can't Educate Pork. An old saying believed to have originated in the English west country. Meaning that the person being referred to is as incapable of understanding your point as is a piece of meat. "pork.jpg

Yesterday I watched a pickup truck cross on an informal home made earth crossing away ahead of me on Hwy 331 ( Satthahip-Korat, 3 lanes each way and a grass median) and then drive hundreds of meters the wrong way on a busy main highway to get into his side road of choice.  Didn't even put his "Asian park anywhere lights" on.  Didn't want to draw attention to himself obviously.  How ironic is that?  When do they start locking people up for this stupidity.  This crossing idiot yesterday deserves jail for endangering his family.

Well I am quite sure he got his licence inside a cereal box and he had no idea what the

flashing lights and lowered gates at a railway crossing event meant. :tongue:

BTW. the amulets probably came in the cereal box with the drivers license.

Edited by Ulic

On 10/10/2016 at 1:06 AM, BlindMagician said:

Can you imagine if we were visited by aliens, secretly studying us, and they observed LoS (now officially means Land of Stupidity) and all the behaviour we know and love - how confusing it must look, or at least very primitive.

Aliens thought the Thais were making a movie, they can't be that stupid they thought. In Japan at these crossings, before the trains approach, you could hear very loud bell, "tang, tang, tang, tang," even those hard on hearing could hear them. No bell in Thailand? Bells only in temples? what a waste of bells.

When I live to old age(about 20 years in the future) I hope to hear a new Thai government come into power that prohibits the wearing and selling of amulets. All amulets would be melted and made into a huge buddha's statue. That will be the day I know Thailand is moving forward not backward. Ten years jail for wearing and selling of Amulets by law of the land. Thailand then becomes a real Buddhist country. Real and proper Buddhist country so to speak.

Clearly all train should run in the sky, they are a danger to everyone on the road, thank goodness for the power of the amulets, I must get myself a set, ebay is obviously where to start!

SRT 1-Vigo 0.

4 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

Bravo! Now that demented idiot is so totally convinced of the power of his stupid amulet that from now on he can drive even more recklessly.

Get this twit off the roads before someone actually dies!

And charge him with five offences:

1) ignoring a warning sign

2) crossing a railroad track illegally (i.e. driving around the half-barriers instead of staying on his side of the road)

2) being unfit to drive (he obviously must be blind AND deaf for not seeing those bright lights nor hear or see the train coming)

3) willfully endangering the lives of others

4) damaging public property (let him pay for the damage to the track and locomotive)

Oh, and did anyone notice the empty M-150 bottle under the seat? They usually gulp that dangerous crap down to stay "awake and alert".

Don't know who drinks M-150 but, around these parts, the empty bottles are used for refilling with Lao Khao.  That crap has the opposite effect of the original contents of the bottle and would go a long way to explaining his choice of driving technique.  In addition to not having a clue about how to drive, in the first place.

Edited by Stray

8 hours ago, chrisinth said:

Don't know about amulets, but him and his famil y were lucky little puppies there.

I wonder what charges he is going to face? In his actions, and through his own admission not only did he endanger himself & family members but also all the passengers on that train.

It really is incredible that anyone would do something like that to save a few minutes. I see motorbikes doing this all the time where I am but never vehicles.

Those amulets with all the free publicity will now be worth a fortune. Their inflated value will well cover any prosecution costs, pluse the (purcuase) purchase of a new pick up truck or two.

Edited by mankondang

Here in Japan, everyone must stop at railroad tracks and look both ways before proceeding whether the barriers are up or down and signals flahing or not.  It's the law here.  Might be a good one for Thailand.  People get distracted but if they were required to stop each and every time, lives might be saved.

apparently a hapless sadsack with a drivers licence and a truck. My wife wouldn't allow me to chauffeur her down the drive way after that lapse. One telling thing, to me.....the next driver at the RR grade crossing didn't lift a finger to look into the wreck passengers. I wonder why?

I only read the first page but wouldn't be surprised if one of the replies contains the message from a Thai-bashing policeman that this happens just the same in Europe and the US.

Actually it's similar to what happens on the roads when they drive through red traffic lights, often with children in the car or on the bike. What is it that makes the locals so reluctant to obey rules and regulations, endangering their own and other peoples lives in the process? My Thai wife can't answer it, I've asked her several times. It's not as though they're a people always in a hurry and most times turn up late for appointments etc. They never walk, they stroll, so why are they so impatient when they're driving a vehicle?

Over to you T-B PC Plod.

15 hours ago, Wazza1 said:

Well the amulet saved the train from ending up in the dirt but I wonder If the amulet will help with the cost of machining dozens of square wheels and damage to the locomotive, 

The locomotive might get  checked  in the shops and a paint touch up. As for the wheels, no chance they skidded as the train was slowing down for a station stop,  I'm sure the SRT will make a claim for damages, as they should.

When,If, the proposed Super fast trains come into service,

there's going to be high demand for the new fast train amulets.

I am sure hes done this many times before,when a nearby

school,in the morning and evenings the parents driving 

their kids to and from school,just pull out into main road

never stopping to look if road clear,as they have been

doing this for ages,they must think,nothings coming today.

but the odds are against them.

regards worgeordie

19 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

"You Can't Educate Pork. An old saying believed to have originated in the English west country. Meaning that the person being referred to is as incapable of understanding your point as is a piece of meat. "pork.jpg

Ahh, well I'm English but never heard that one before.

8 hours ago, kannot said:

that doesnt meet regularly but no one understands why:shock1:

Because they are too busy testing their new range of products,, the first being "The Lucky Amulet Shark Repellent", secondly the "Lucky Amulet Bullet deterrent" and finally "The Lucky Amulet Road Crash Survival Pendant",, seems the later has already hit the shelves.