Don't try this at home! Fireman shows how to catch a cobra

webfact

Don't try this at home! Fireman shows how to catch a cobra

a3.jpg

Image: Sanook

BANGKOK: -- A Thai fireman shows the expert way to catch a cobra in a video that was posted on Facebook yesterday.

The men from the Bang Ken brigade were called in when a householder spotted a cobra coiled around a flowerpot in the garden, reports Sanook.

The unnamed fireman got the snake out from its hiding place then grabs its tail moving his hand slowly up until the snake is immobilized.

Then it is deftly deposited in a sack for removal.

Onliners commented about the expert way this was done - but most agreed this was something that should be left to those with experience!

The video was posted on the page of Bunnita Patchana.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-10-11

Better him than me. Good job.

Whereas I love watching experts doing things like this, I am not one for trying to imitate their actions.

Just hope not too many children (ages 5 to 50) try to help out by clearing snakes from their own gardens.....................:rolleyes:

This is the most idiotic way to catch snakes, completely unsafe. I lived with a herpetologist when living in Australia, and some of the videos from his phone showing how it should be done safely are light years apart from this clown show. Waving your hand within striking range of any venemous snake is practically suicidal.
And the way he folds the bag with his hands, the snakes can and do bite through the bag. You only need a scratch from one of these and you're envenomated.

This video should not be for human consumption, other than as a guide of how not to do it. Idiot

Professional or not, I don't care. My lifelong mantra for dealing with snakes of all types is run like hell in the opposite direction leaving a trail of poop behind you. It is strongly believed that you can run faster through air than Mr Snake can slither through s**t

38 minutes ago, z42 said:

This is the most idiotic way to catch snakes, completely unsafe. I lived with a herpetologist when living in Australia, and some of the videos from his phone showing how it should be done safely are light years apart from this clown show. Waving your hand within striking range of any venemous snake is practically suicidal.
And the way he folds the bag with his hands, the snakes can and do bite through the bag. You only need a scratch from one of these and you're envenomated.

This video should not be for human consumption, other than as a guide of how not to do it. Idiot

Exactly.. I also lived with a Doctor (Otolaryngologist) for a couple of years and seeing some of the videos from his phone showing how he diagnosed people - I can now tell which doctors are good and which are "Clowns" and also I think I can diagnose patients.

So who is the idiot here?

A trained professional guys showing how he works or some half informed person who thinks this video is a guide to be followed?

Edited by Nepsydaz

6 hours ago, Nepsydaz said:

Exactly.. I also lived with a Doctor (Otolaryngologist) for a couple of years and seeing some of the videos from his phone showing how he diagnosed people - I can now tell which doctors are good and which are "Clowns" and also I think I can diagnose patients.

So who is the idiot here?

A trained professional guys showing how he works or some half informed person who thinks this video is a guide to be followed?

Oh behave yourself man. You're comparing apples and oranges. By the video evidence shown the guy is not a professional. Sure he gets the job done, but he looks every inch the cowboy, takes almost zero safety precautions, and appears to misunderstand just how dangerous these snakes are from specimen to specimen (how they can move, speed they can move, striking range, and venom toxicity)

And people watching who may try to catch cobras they encounter in the same way would almost certainly be lulled into a very false sense of security. These animals are not toys, and if for example you get bitten on a major blood vessel you're as good as dead.

I do know what am talking about. I know a lot about reptiles (especially snakes), and i know that the venemous ones need to be dealt with the utmost care at ALL TIMES. having earphones hanging loose and dangling your hands in front of the nose of a monocled cobra while its well within striking range is akin to playing Russian roulette. Go try it out if you think what he's doing is totally safe and foolproof. Just tell your buddies to prepare a few beers for the wake

4 hours ago, z42 said:

Oh behave yourself man. You're comparing apples and oranges. By the video evidence shown the guy is not a professional. Sure he gets the job done, but he looks every inch the cowboy, takes almost zero safety precautions, and appears to misunderstand just how dangerous these snakes are from specimen to specimen (how they can move, speed they can move, striking range, and venom toxicity)

And people watching who may try to catch cobras they encounter in the same way would almost certainly be lulled into a very false sense of security. These animals are not toys, and if for example you get bitten on a major blood vessel you're as good as dead.

I do know what am talking about. I know a lot about reptiles (especially snakes), and i know that the venemous ones need to be dealt with the utmost care at ALL TIMES. having earphones hanging loose and dangling your hands in front of the nose of a monocled cobra while its well within striking range is akin to playing Russian roulette. Go try it out if you think what he's doing is totally safe and foolproof. Just tell your buddies to prepare a few beers for the wake

This is a king cobra, they are not fast and have a very slow strike. I wouldn't do that though.

17 hours ago, Ahab said:

Very impressive catching the snake, but they can bite easily through a bag like that one and he was lucky (not skilled or good) that he did not get bit.

You don't think he is skilled at catching snakes???? Really?

And when the snake is in the bag it can't see, so how does it know where and when to strike? 

1 hour ago, HerbalEd said:

You don't think he is skilled at catching snakes???? Really?

And when the snake is in the bag it can't see, so how does it know where and when to strike? 

The snake doesn't know where to strike, and can strike anywhere. The guy did not get bit this time, but the odds of him getting bit are high (eventually)