US election: Obama urges Republicans to shun Trump

webfact

US election: Obama urges Republicans to shun Trump

GREENSBORO, North Carolina: -- US President Barack Obama has urged senior Republicans to formally withdraw their endorsement of Donald Trump as their presidential candidate.

At a rally in support of Democratic contender Hillary Clinton, Mr Obama said it didn't make sense to denounce Mr Trump's controversial remarks while still backing him for the White House.

Many top Republicans have distanced themselves from Mr Trump over a video in which he boasts of groping women.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37627088

bbc_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright BBC 2016-10-12

Amusing how some kooky, parody films offer us a glimpse into our future.  Trump, his campaign, and unstudied, superficial approach to policy and governance leaving all the boring details to others.... the parallels to Idiocracy are there.  Oh dear....

The tool bar button to include YT vid is missing, so link only

Future State of the Union Address

Edited by 55Jay

1 minute ago, Grouse said:

Mistake for the president to wade in. May have the wrong effect. Not often Obama puts a foot wrong but he did not help with the Brexit vote.

That's true, but I don't think it will have much effect with voters. The bigger problem Clinton and the Dems have now is because everyone thinks Trump is put away wet, there is no reason to bother to go out and vote, especially for someone like Clinton who few really like anyway.

Clinton's biggest problem now is to get out the vote.

Obama hypocrite with his buddy Jay-Z and his 'pussy' song. Including bitch Beyoncé.

And since when do republicans listen to or take orders from democrats.

It cannot get any weirder can it?

Edited by hugocnx
typo

2 minutes ago, hugocnx said:

Obama hypocrite with his buddy Jay-Z and his 'pussy' song. Including bitch Beyoncé.

And since when do republicans listen to or take orders from democrats.

It cannot get any weirder can it?

Any weirder than reality t.v. show demagogue trump possibly being president? Hard to imagine that. 

52 minutes ago, TGIR said:

So with Obama out campaigning for Clinton every day who is running the country??

He's not campaigning everyday. :post-4641-1156693976:

Last I heard a few days a week.

Perhaps that will increase as we get near November 8 or perhaps not.

Edited by Jingthing

23 minutes ago, adhd said:

who else heard the rumors that MICHELLE OBAMA could enter the race as a surprise candidate ?

At least we'd get to see her legs unlike the pant suit granny. 

Of course any woman could be POTUS ....... as long as her husband was POTUS first :)

25 minutes ago, adhd said:

who else heard the rumors that MICHELLE OBAMA could enter the race as a surprise candidate ?

Unlikely this time around, especially as she and hubby both endorsing Clinton.  In four years though I imagine she will be persuaded to step up

2 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Unlikely this time around, especially as she and hubby both endorsing Clinton.  In four years though I imagine she will be persuaded to step up

At least we will have some great conversations on here with our Trumpsters.  Can you imagine?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRPkL7-lFe6IEP51UeSnqr

4 hours ago, keemapoot said:

That's true, but I don't think it will have much effect with voters. The bigger problem Clinton and the Dems have now is because everyone thinks Trump is put away wet, there is no reason to bother to go out and vote, especially for someone like Clinton who few really like anyway.

Clinton's biggest problem now is to get out the vote.

Totally agree. because Clinton doesn't inspire many people the obvious option is to stay at home and not vote at all.  Then you always have the cover if she fails that "Well I didn't vote for her!".

4 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Totally agree. because Clinton doesn't inspire many people the obvious option is to stay at home and not vote at all.  Then you always have the cover if she fails that "Well I didn't vote for her!".

Yeah, highly unlikely to happen that she isn't elected, but she is not the one screaming and making excuses in advance of an impending anticipated loss. Trump has renewed that bogus scream today of a rigged election, as if anybody is listening anymore. :cheesy:

1 hour ago, keemapoot said:

At least we will have some great conversations on here with our Trumpsters.  Can you imagine?

Yes but of course they will be ex-trumpsters then!  Unless of course he has the appetite to stand again as an independent?  Doubtful I would think.

1 hour ago, keemapoot said:

Yeah, highly unlikely to happen that she isn't elected, but she is not the one screaming and making excuses in advance of an impending anticipated loss. Trump has renewed that bogus scream today of a rigged election, as if anybody is listening anymore. :cheesy:

I guess he will always have the men in the white sheets and pointy hats.

7 hours ago, keemapoot said:

It's really survival mode for many Republican leaders up for re-election. They will have to weigh alienating Trumpsters vs. alienating reasonable normal Republicans.  Tough call.

"reasonable ...Republicans"   ....sounds like an oxymoron, without the oxy-

2 hours ago, dunroaming said:

Unlikely this time around, especially as she (First Lady Michelle Obama) and hubby both endorsing Clinton.  In four years though I imagine she will be persuaded to step up

In four years, HRC will be running for a 2nd term.  Michelle isn't going to run against her friend.  In 8 years, yes, maybe, along with Warren.   Indeed, it might be a Warren/Obama ticket in 2024.   Brace yourselves, Republicans - tho you may be a 3rd or 4th party by then, chalking up less than 10% of the electorate.   I predict by 2024, the Greens will be the second largest political party.  

Demographics are changing fast in the US.  That's a big reason Republicans want to keep foreigners out, because they want the US to stay like a 1950's white majority country forever ('make America great again').  Sorry boys, I liked the 1950's also (was a little boy then), but things just won't devolve that way, except in the movies.

Qualifier:  HRC will be running for a 2nd term IF one of Trump's 2nd Amenders don't knock her off or incapacitate her.   If that happens, then Michelle may be running against Kaine.   By that time, Trump will be living off hand-outs from his rich buddies  ("Hey Newt, you got a few hundred thousand you can loan me until Christmas?  I'll pay you back, I promise.")

Edited by boomerangutang

8 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

Qualifier:  HRC will be running for a 2nd term IF one of Trump's 2nd Amenders don't knock her off or incapacitate her.   If that happens, then Michelle may be running against Kaine.   By that time, Trump will be living off hand-outs from his rich buddies  ("Hey Newt, you got a few hundred thousand you can loan me until Christmas?  I'll pay you back, I promise.")

Well I guess it will depend on how Clinton performs in the next four years.  It may be felt that she is unelectable for a second term and rather than handing the seat to the republicans it would be prudent to replace her.  As for Mrs Obama not standing against her friend?  Are you serious, after the things Clinton said about Obama when running against him?  In politics you only have friends when they are useful to you or you to them.

I do think the republicans need to throw away their rule book and start again with some realistic policies if they have any chance of returning to the White House any time soon.

On 9/5/2016 at 11:26 AM, robblok said:

Where ever its from the PTP will see it as a danger because it limits their vote buying schemes. Even if such an organisation was not 100% impartial it would still be a huge improvement over the situation now where everything can be promised without any checks. 

2 hours ago, dunroaming said:

2 hours ago, keemapoot said:

I certainly can! You gotta almost feel sorry for the Trumpets. Eight years with a 50 % black, 100 % liberal guy, eight years coming up with a liberal, ballbreaking woman. And then, to top it all off, eight years with a black, liberal woman.

Epic!

5 hours ago, TGIR said:

So with Obama out campaigning for Clinton every day who is running the country??

Congress ain't.

October 7th the Congress adjourned until November 14th to campaign for reelection. Which means a number of 'em in each the House and the Senate will return as stragglers who will be gone by January 3rd when the new Congress convenes.

In between however Congress will adjourn again November 21st for the Thanksgiving Holiday.

For the Republicans in Congress November will mean they get two turkeys -- one as the nominee on November 8th and a second one on the last Thursday of the month annual festivities.

Potus is leader of his/her political party so campaigning for the party's nominee to include candidates for Senate, House, U.S. state governors and the like comes with the territory.

Read up on it sometime -- it's in the local grade 7 civics book at a middle school near you.

Learn something new each day eh. (Okay, but then you'd already known all about it, you're just complaining eh.) 

3 hours ago, Luckysilk said:

At least we'd get to see her legs unlike the pant suit granny. 

Of course any woman could be POTUS ....... as long as her husband was POTUS first :)

It'd be no surprise if Republicans and other rightwhingers proposed a Constitutional amendment to prohibit a former First Lady becoming Potus.

It wouldn't of course affect any former First Lady who people don't even think of as a potential or qualified candidate for Potus. After all, with OB being the 44th Potus, and 44 First Ladies, there are only two to be even considered as a potential Potus.

Hillary and Michelle. 

Makes the right blow its lunch eh. Fun to watch the right wretch.  :cool: 

1 hour ago, dunroaming said:

Well I guess it will depend on how Clinton performs in the next four years.  It may be felt that she is unelectable for a second term and rather than handing the seat to the republicans it would be prudent to replace her.  As for Mrs Obama not standing against her friend?  Are you serious, after the things Clinton said about Obama when running against him?  In politics you only have friends when they are useful to you or you to them.

I do think the republicans need to throw away their rule book and start again with some realistic policies if they have any chance of returning to the White House any time soon.

Y'all are tripping. Michelle Obama will never seek any political office. You don't go from first lady to president. Don't project President Hillary Clinton's path on Michelle Obama. Geez! 

1 hour ago, dunroaming said:

It's very rare for a president (who survives his 1st term)  to not run for a 2nd term.  Johnson did not run a 2nd time, but he wasn't elected prior.  Ford (another unelected prez) did run for a 2nd term, outmaneuvering Reagan in an ugly contested primary floor fight - and then Ford lost to Carter.   

I predict HRC will do rather well in her first four years at the helm, despite constant spears thrown by Republican dirty tricksters.  Already, Trump is questioning whether she's a faithful wife to her husband of four+ decades.  Trump is gearing up for ensuing years of weekly mouth farts - anything to stay on the front pages.  Trump is also quoting an obscure Russian newspaper article in his ugly attempts to cast aspersions at HRC.  No matter that the Russian newspaper (Sputnik) later retracted the article when it realized it was full or errors.   Trump thinks he can get mileage from it, so he continues to shout it from the ramparts, even while knowing it's full of false data.

Edited by boomerangutang

Republicans need to become the party of "more free stuff" than the democrats to ever hold the presidency because a majority of the voters are now on or want to be on the democratic dole and will never vote against their best interest. The national debt is absurd and I really don't care anymore because they won't be getting the lions share of the needed revenue from me.

1 minute ago, KMartinHandyman said:

Republicans need to become the party of "more free stuff" than the democrats to ever hold the presidency because a majority of the voters are now on or want to be on the democratic dole and will never vote against their best interest. The national debt is absurd and I really don't care anymore because they won't be getting the lions share of the needed revenue from me.

So what's your solution exactly?  Cut taxes for the wealthy?  Deny climate change?  Outlaw abortion?  Outlaw gay marriage?  Guns for everybody?  That's pretty much what the GOP is about anymore.