Moving Baht £ back to UK

8 hours ago, chiang mai said:

I don't buy the ATM route as being valid in any shape or form, not only will banks not permit that extent of international withdrawals by a foreigner AND the ATM charges render the approach to be not worthwhile.

AND, you wrote, " the original import of the money or the amount less the profit from purchase to sale". Paying tax on the sale allows the seller to export the entire amount, including any profit.

AND, despite your horror story to the contrary, a cash carrying traveller will not loose their cash to UK law enforcement arbitrarily and yes that cash can easily be deposited in personal bank accounts, as long as there is a paper trail that shows its source.

Let me repeat, what you actually know about this subject is wrong or zilch.

For gods sake read the bloody post response Chiang mai I have stated throughout the that the safe and legal way is to leave a paper trail i.e. Electronic bank transfer so what part of that did you not understand ???

you actually say in your 2nd to last sentence exactly what I have said all along but you still go on to abuse me and another well meaning member both of whom have only stated the truth.

i said nothing about a cash carrying traveller losing the money to U.K. law enforcement.

i did say that if he tried to deposit it personally in a bank that will be flagged up to the powers that be with immediate effect and if he has no record of it they will take it away until such times as he proves the legal source and ownership.

Finally the ATM route does work and many have used it in the past, however I did not advocate the use of this method because of risk, I merely stated that it was a way to get it into the UK if there was no original paper trail.

Perhaps you should remove your head from where the sun does not shine wipe off your glasses and read the responses again, and whilst your at it invest in some mouth wash

Archived