Which Visa?

Hi,

I'm planning on moving to Thailand for 12months next year, to live with my girlfriend and hopefully if everything goes well we will return to Australia after the 12months (and her visa is approved).

Anyways I'm trying to work out which visa I can apply for, I'm 23 and I don't plan of working during the 12months.

Is it possible for me to be granted a NON IMM 0 visa?

thanks

Hi,

I'm planning on moving to Thailand for 12months next year, to live with my girlfriend and hopefully if everything goes well we will return to Australia after the 12months (and her visa is approved).

Anyways I'm trying to work out which visa I can apply for, I'm 23 and I don't plan of working during the 12months.

Is it possible for me to be granted a NON IMM 0 visa?

thanks

Possible, but unlikely. Easiest way would probably be triple entry tourist visa with 2 visa runs would give you 9 months, then 3 monthly visa runs would give your 12 months.

so what are all the visa runners that aren't married and aren't over 50 doing now? doing visa runs and applying for tourist visas? is there a set limit of the consecutive tourist visa you will be granted?

only problem with the visa runs is the cost involed, i'll be on a pretty limited budget and they will really eat into them.. i guess i should be able to borrow someone from my girlfriend family car (on lpg) and drive myself to the broader.

so what are all the visa runners that aren't married and aren't over 50 doing now? doing visa runs and applying for tourist visas? is there a set limit of the consecutive tourist visa you will be granted?

only problem with the visa runs is the cost involed, i'll be on a pretty limited budget and they will really eat into them.. i guess i should be able to borrow someone from my girlfriend family car (on lpg) and drive myself to the broader.

Even if you get a 12 month multi non imm O you'll still have to do a visa run every 90 days. So that's 3 visa runs for 12 months. With the triple entry tourist and 3 x 30 days on arrival it's 5 visa runs for 12 months, but you'll also have to pay for 3 extensions too, which aren't required on a multi non imm. But a tourist visa is probably cheaper than a 12 month non imm so I doubt there's a lot in it either way. A visa run doesn't really cost that much.

OK, so a a 12 month Non Imm Multi costs A$225 (B6375), a triple entry tourist costs A$135 (B3825) + 3 extensions at B1900 each. A typical Visa run from Pattaya to the Cambodian border for example costs around B2000.

Multi Non Imm O = B6375

3 x Visa run = B6000

Total = B12375

Triple Entry Tourist = B3825

3 x extension = B5700

5 x Visa run = B10000

Total = B19525

Clearly the Non Imm is cheaper, and obviously it's a far better option, but if you can't get it then the Tourist Visa option only works out at another B7150 over a year.

Be aware smacko, yes you do have to do visa runs even with a 1 year visa, but these are really just border crossings to give you another 90 days. If you have a 1 year Non o visa, you will be allowed in Thailand untill the date your visa expires, but you are only alowed 90 days per stay, that is why every 90 days you just cross the border and get a new stamp. If you have the Non O visa in your passport you will not have to worry about anything like applying for a new visa for another year.

The other visa run is for the people with no visa who have to rely on crossing a border every so often, usually every 30 days to get a new entry stamp. These people will now be affected by the new 90 day in 180 day visa exempt stamp rule.

So if you get the 1 year non O and use it corectly, you can actually get 15 month stay here if you do a border crossing on the last day before your visa expires, you will not have any worries.

well i will aim for a non imm o visa and beg and plead with the bris consulate to grant me one...

thanks for all the replies guys

Well I hope the Ozzy embassies are different to Singapore. I just got refused 12 month O visa, and received a 3 month one!!!

I am living with my 5 yr old son here in Thailand, seperated from his Thai mother, and had all supporting documentation ( birth certificate, court papers showing legal and sole custody etc). How ting tong is that ?

well i will aim for a non imm o visa and beg and plead with the bris consulate to grant me one...

Well I hope the Ozzy embassies are different to Singapore. I just got refused 12 month O visa, and received a 3 month one!!!

I am living with my 5 yr old son here in Thailand, seperated from his Thai mother, and had all supporting documentation ( birth certificate, court papers showing legal and sole custody etc). How ting tong is that ?

A single entry is all you need.

Now you must apply to Immigration for a 1 year extension based on supporting your Thai son.

You will need to show an income of 40K a month.

A single entry is all you need.

Now you must apply to Immigration for a 1 year extension based on supporting your Thai son.

You will need to show an income of 40K a month.

I believe that to be the case or something similar. What my greivance is that I have already gone through the legal system here in Thailand, hiring an expensive lawyer and going to court being questioned by 5 High Court judges who decided that I was able to look after my son here in Thailand both financially and legally. It is as though Immigration take no notice or do not put any value on what a judge dictates!! :o:D

Give them a copy of your gf's ID card when you apply.

Okay, when i apply for the visa i will write a stat dec letter explaining my intentions (moving to for 12months to develop my relationship with my girlfriend, and to then return to australia together).

hopefully the aussie consulate will so some heart and grant the visa.

Okay, when i apply for the visa i will write a stat dec letter explaining my intentions (moving to for 12months to develop my relationship with my girlfriend, and to then return to australia together).

are you in Brisbane ?

Maybe easier if she was your fiancee?

dr_Pat_Pong, i'm in melbourne.

I'd say if all goes well we will be engaged in the first 6months of my visit, but at this stage we are being getting engaged, and possibly having a thai wedding before we apply for a spouse visa to australia

do any of the UK consulates take passports for visa via mail?

eg i have friend living in the UK.. i could send my passport to him, and then get him to mail it to the consulate (so it will appear i'm in the UK)..

??

do any of the UK consulates take passports for visa via mail?

eg i have friend living in the UK.. i could send my passport to him, and then get him to mail it to the consulate (so it will appear i'm in the UK)..

??

I hope you like prison food. :o:D

hahaha... i was only asking.. didn't think it would be a good idea... just want get this visa next year is all..