What was your favourite TV show when you were a kid?

Wilsonandson

On Sunday, October 16, 2016 at 1:45 PM, JetsetBkk said:

Bill & Ben the Flower Pot Men

Bill&Ben150.gif

Bill and Ben were so far out, not a single intelligible ( to humans) word said between them in thousands of conversations and yet complete comprehension between them,especially when the gardener was on his way down the path.I used to love imitating Ben, the deeper voiced one to my mother when she made some tiresome request like put my toys away. 'Watch out!'she would say, 'the gardener is coming down the path and he's going to throw your toys away.'

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was a kid in the 70's , in my country we were lucky to watch both the "best" of British and American TV series.  

American western series were very popular so I remember Gunsmoke and Alias Smith and Jones , also comedy shows like Soap  and M*A*S*H .

But my heart belongs to the British comedy really like Monty Python, Black Adder, Mr. Bean and this was my all-time favourite .

On 17/10/2016 at 11:01 AM, KarenBravo said:

How did I forget HR Puffenstuff.

Kenny Everett Video Show for Hot Gossip (how many adolescent boys whacked off due to Hot Gossip dancers?).

The ones who claim not to have done are not being honest.

On 10/21/2016 at 1:23 PM, transam said:

I started watching this again about three months ago, I had only downloaded three episodes, then they took it off, pigs.

On the brighter side, I managed to download all the Dallas episodes, before they also took that off. Best TV series ever IMO.

On 16/10/2016 at 7:24 AM, vogie said:

We never had a telly untill I was about 12, but went around to a neighbours house to watch The Lone Ranger once a week. Highlight of my week.

Saturday evening at about 5 pm. It was when we only had one TV Channel. BBC. 

On 16/10/2016 at 7:24 AM, vogie said:

We never had a telly untill I was about 12, but went around to a neighbours house to watch The Lone Ranger once a week. Highlight of my week.

Saturday evening at about 5 pm. It was when we only had one TV Channel. BBC. 

I dunno what happened here. I had to post it twice to get clear it.

Edited by yogi100

2 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

Rawhide and Wagon Train were popular with us English kids but my favourite Western series was Wells Fargo with Dale Robertson.

Yes great tv viewing for all the family, by the time Boots ans Saddles came along we had our own television rented from Radio Rentals.

I became a Dr Who fan/addict in my 30s in California...

I was lying on the floor wrapped up with a huge hangover in front of the box one day, it was so bad that I was almost hallucinating...then Stones of Blood with Tom Baker as the Dr came on and I then really thought that I was hallucinating...it was the most fantastic (strange) spectacle that I had ever seen on TV...

it really put the hook in me...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

My sister was a horse lover and in the 70's she was crazy about this TV series Black Beauty .  

The soundtrack stuck with me for years and is still messing up my brain .

20 hours ago, vogie said:

Yes great tv viewing for all the family, by the time Boots ans Saddles came along we had our own television rented from Radio Rentals.

Ours was from DER. 8/6 a week.

We stayed with DER right up till around '81 and had our first JVC video player from them as well. Now we can put hundreds of films on a portable hard drive a quarter the size of a single cassette and today's youngsters take being able to do so for granted.

Dixon of Dock Green was another favourite.