Getting a visa in Vietnam can be a great way to go!

5 minutes ago, charliebadenhop said:

I paid them in US$. It was $80

Approx. B2,720  :-)

Dollars is all they will accept. The $80 fee for a single entry is the standard fee where they only accept US dollars world wide.

12 minutes ago, tutsiwarrior said:

$80 is a big increase...it useta be $25 for the same visa as I remember...always paid in USD...

That must of been several years ago. The base price for single entry non immigrant visa has been 2000 baht for many years. I can remember paying $80 in the states back in 2006.

A tourist visa is 1000 baht for a single entry or $40 now.

Folks talking two different things here:

Tutsi's talking about the visa that foreigners, such as Americans, need to get from the Vietnamese authorities upon arriving in Vietnam in order to visit/stay there. That's the one that used to be $25 or so, but this past year increased substantially for Americans, as noted previously in the thread.

Joe and the OP are talking about the Non-O Thai visa fee for the visa the OP obtained from the Thai Consulate in Vietnam to facilitate his continuing stay in Thailand.

On 10/18/2016 at 1:56 PM, JackThompson said:

If you are not American, then a good place for a one-off SETV run.

The $135 for a year multi-entry to VN is not too bad - but only if the Thai consulates there will allow at least a couple SETVs within that year. 

Recent reports in Hanoi and HCMC have sounded good, but I do not recall any confirming receipt of two from them in the same passport.  If anyone has done this successfully, please advise.

Confirmed, I received my first in August and my second this week.

Both in HCMC.

• Like 1