When you last submitted a TM28 did you get a confirmation slip from Immig?

Yesterday I submitted a change in address TM28 form and had a weird experience with the Immigration officer

The guy had a bad attitude towards me and Im sure that he didnt update the address on his computer. 

If you have recently submitted a TM28 to immigration did they do the update on the computer in front of you and did you receive a confirmation slip?

If the guy didnt do it and when I next do online reporting is it going to reject and cause me issues? Do I have to go back to Immigration this week to sort out?

thanks

• Like 2

• You should have received a confirmation slip.
  • It's possible the change was made after you left. No need for it to be done in front of you.
  • Yes it might cause problems with future online reports if the change wasn't made.
  • I would call or visit to check the change was made.
  • Like 2

If you look at the TM 28 form you will see at the bottom there is a cut off section which is completed by the immigration officer and he  attaches  to your passport mine had a stamp put on it where they wrote in my address 

• Like 1

Twice in the last four years I've filed TM.28 forms and both times the IO completed the bottom part and stapled it into my passport like they do with 90-day reports.

On the most recent one (filed 29-June-2016) the IO hand wrote the address on the slip.  I don't recall if they did that on the first one four years ago.

On 18/10/2016 at 9:20 PM, wpcoe said:

Twice in the last four years I've filed TM.28 forms and both times the IO completed the bottom part and stapled it into my passport like they do with 90-day reports.

On the most recent one (filed 29-June-2016) the IO hand wrote the address on the slip.  I don't recall if they did that on the first one four years ago.

2 questions ; I have one stapled at the end of my passport; I have to keep it in my passport  or I can leave it somewhere in my house ?

so far, I coudn't do my 90 days on line because I arrived in 2010 ; with my new address in ( I hope ) their computer, can I do  my 90 days on line ?

Thanks

1 minute ago, Aforek said:

2 questions ; I have one stapled at the end of my passport; I have to keep it in my passport  or I can leave it somewhere in my house ?

so far, I coudn't do my 90 days on line because I arrived in 2010 ; with my new address in ( I hope ) their computer, can I do  my 90 days on line ?

Thanks

No, you must leave the Country and re-enter for your details to be entered on the newer system, which the online database uses.

8 minutes ago, Aforek said:

I leave it in the passport.  However, I suspect you could just leave it at home and only bring it along for 90-day reports and new extensions "just in case" there is any question of you residing in the area.  I can't think of a time when you'd be stopped in a random passport check on the street and need to show it.

I did it a week ago in Jomtien.

It was the most pleasant experience I ever had in Soi 5 Imm. Had to go upstairs where a couple of student like young people did everything for me, were falling over themselves with trying to be kind and polite to me. They gave me a receipt. While I was waiting I happened to start filling out another form in order to get my residency cert. to renew my driving licence. No please, they said and duly gave me another receipt, they said that will cover me in lieu of the cert. for anything. Such absolutely lovely people.

PS....I still went ahead and got the proper residency cert. Too long here now to know that the Licence people would want the proper one with my photo attached. Didn't fancy coming all the way back in to do it again by trying to save 300 Baht.

You need to get back the lower part filled out and signed, stamped and it has the date and time on it

You need that part to proof you were there and did provide the information needed as stated on the TM 28

Filled out as instructed and as often as needed, when you want to stay longer than 24 hrs in the province. In general direct after you come to Thailand you have to report at the place you stay with the TM28 

15 minutes ago, Autonuaq said:

Filled out as instructed and as often as needed, when you want to stay longer than 24 hrs in the province. In general direct after you come to Thailand you have to report at the place you stay with the TM28 

That's incorrect.

You complete a TM6 with your intended address, then on arrival a TM30 should be submitted.

A TM28 is only required when you change address.

Well very recently l did a TM 30 and it was 5 weeks late. Due to agent of property not doing these. I had some luck  She did not question me took papers and signed the bottom slip..And dated it. And indeed I was given the slip. I asked if it  was to stay in passport. She said no need to..Obviously she updates details on your arrival card. And yes he is legally obligated to give it to you. mine was at Chonburi.

After reading this thread, I am now curious.

I have been living in a rented condo in Chiang Mai for about 5-1/2 years. No TM 28 was ever filed that I know of so I don't have the receipt stapled in my passport. I didn't even know there was such a thing as a TM28 until a few months ago. I found out about the TM30 at the same time. The juristic person now files online for me when I return and they give me a receipt showing the at it was filed. That has been done twice since I found out about the filing requirements. Since no TM28 was filed but I have the TM30 filing receipts, any best guess on whether those receipts will suffice for immigration? Would be nice to know since I have to renew my permit to stay in mid-November.

Thanks

David

8 minutes ago, Genericnic said:

After reading this thread, I am now curious.

I have been living in a rented condo in Chiang Mai for about 5-1/2 years. No TM 28 was ever filed that I know of so I don't have the receipt stapled in my passport. I didn't even know there was such a thing as a TM28 until a few months ago. I found out about the TM30 at the same time. The juristic person now files online for me when I return and they give me a receipt showing the at it was filed. That has been done twice since I found out about the filing requirements. Since no TM28 was filed but I have the TM30 filing receipts, any best guess on whether those receipts will suffice for immigration? Would be nice to know since I have to renew my permit to stay in mid-November.

• If you've been living in the same place for 5.5 years there is no need to submit a TM.28 form.
  • A TM.28 is only required to inform Immigration that you have changed the address you give each year when you do your annual extension of stay.
  • As long as someone submits a TM.30 when required you have nothing to do or worry about, and if a receipt was issued a record should be on the computer system. No receipt should be needed unless they dispute that a report was made.
  • The responsibility to submit the TM.30 can fall on several people, but Immigration would, in most cases, go after (fine) the owner or house-master (not you) if a report isn't made.
  • Like 1

For the most part, it seems the TM-28 is enforced when you have an extension of stay from one immigration office, but then want to change to using a different immigration office.. In your case, there should be no need, in practice, for a TM-28.