Realisation

goldenbrwn1

I know we already know about the way this country ticks by reading the news ect or hearing about certain incidents and differences concerning Thais and western foreigners and even some of us experiencing these different attitudes. But I really must say over the past week any ignorance of this fact has been stripped away completely.  China here we are.  Oh if my post actually stays up, you can make comments ok.....if you dare.

2 hours ago, goldenbrwn1 said:

I know we already know about the way this country ticks by reading the news ect or hearing about certain incidents and differences concerning Thais and western foreigners and even some of us experiencing these different attitudes. But I really must say over the past week any ignorance of this fact has been stripped away completely.  China here we are.  Oh if my post actually stays up, you can make comments ok.....if you dare.

OK guru you know how Thailand ticks can you expand on that please.

What has been stripped away oh great one please tell me.

What's to dare about it.. :shock1:

1 hour ago, HooHaa said:

i might feel moved to comment had your post any substance.

His post is pregnant with substance.

Donald Rumsfeld expressed it best when he said:

"Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns, there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns: that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns - the ones we don't know we don't know. And if one looks throughout the history of our country and other free countries, it is the latter category that tend to be the difficult ones.

1 hour ago, SoiBiker said:

No idea what you're on about.

I think maybe you do. The point is we can't discuss exactly what I'm on about.  But whatever. I was just trying to make a point about all the excess of the last week and how events like this really opens your eyes that bit more about how things actually are here. No I'm no guru and if you really don't know what I'm on about,or don't feel moved to comment ,or are + 1 on no idea....then move on.

3 hours ago, VillageIdiot said:

"Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns, there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns: that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns - the ones we don't know we don't know. And if one looks throughout the history of our country and other free countries, it is the latter category that tend to be the difficult ones.

I get you, but i suspect the op aint no rumsfeld at the best of times.

11 minutes ago, goldenbrwn1 said:

I think maybe you do. The point is we can't discuss exactly what I'm on about.  But whatever. I was just trying to make a point about all the excess of the last week and how events like this really opens your eyes that bit more about how things actually are here. No I'm no guru and if you really don't know what I'm on about,or don't feel moved to comment ,or are + 1 on no idea....then move on.

So you want us to discuss what we cant discuss.

Will we be issued decoder rings and pre-agreed gideon bibles to facilitate this cryptic exchange?

You are quite the forum grenade chucker aren't you. Blinding us all with your brilliance. So much more clever than me. Great use of language that I could only dream of grasping.  Well done to you. Now go find some other stupid peasants post and poke fun and holes in that. Or you could even come back with another post of brilliance...

23 minutes ago, HooHaa said:

Will we be issued decoder rings and pre-agreed gideon bibles to facilitate this cryptic exchange?

Yeh that was for you 'oh great one HooHaa'. 

Edited by goldenbrwn1
Only God knows, soz I mean HooHaa

26 minutes ago, goldenbrwn1 said:

You are quite the forum grenade chucker aren't you. Blinding us all with your brilliance. So much more clever than me. Great use of language that I could only dream of grasping.  Well done to you. Now go find some other stupid peasants post and poke fun and holes in that. Or you could even come back with another post of brilliance...

The realisation is that we are in Thailand and while in this country we have to go along with the flow without question, because questioning will not change anything and those living here can either accept the situation for what it is or not accept it, but whatever we do, we must do in silence or with close friends, but never on the social media or on a forum, which means this thread is a complete waste of time and effort.

38 minutes ago, HooHaa said:

You honour me sir.

I could only wish the original post were so articulate.

Reading my original post back now and yeh tbf, it was a s##te post.   Sorry everyone. I think I will just have to scuttle along back to my trailer park.  

Edited by goldenbrwn1
Lights are on but.......

51 minutes ago, goldenbrwn1 said:

Reading my original post back now and yeh tbf, it was a s##te post.   Sorry everyone. I think I will just have to scuttle along back to my trailer park.  

I don`t think this is a s**t thread. I fully understand your thoughts and can assure you I want to ask many questions myself at times, why? Why? Why? But the simple fact is we can`t in public. Not just us, it`s the same for Thai people as well.

images.jpg

2 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

I don`t think this is a s**t thread. I fully understand your thoughts and can assure you I want to ask many questions myself at times, why? Why? Why? But the simple fact is we can`t in public. Not just us, it`s the same for Thai people as well.

images.jpg

cyberfarang, thanks for  your intelligent and non condescending posts. Appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

21 hours ago, HooHaa said:

Cryptic-Exchange! Hilarious.

But sadly, in many countries a straight-forward (Non-Cryptic) exchange can land you in prison in no time at all.
Reminds me of something, but I can't think of what it is at the moment...........
Cheers.