Saudi prince executed for murdering a compatriot

webfact

Saudi prince executed for murdering a compatriot

RIYADH: -- A Saudi Arabian prince has been executed for shooting dead a man during a brawl three years ago in the capital Riyadh, the interior ministry has said.

Prince Turki bin Saud al-Kabir was put to death in the capital. No details were given as to how he was executed - most condemned people are beheaded.

The prince is the 134th person to be put to death this year, according to a list compiled by the AFP news agency.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-37697907

bbc_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright BBC 2016-10-19

10 minutes ago, Credo said:

They may be barbaric, but at least they are an equal opportunity nation.   

That is the funniest quote of the day so far. You are being sarcastic I hope?

Barbaric and a totally brutal and oppressive regime. If is funny how other Saudi royals have killed in other countries and got away on diplomatic immunity. Double standards.

This prince must have been way down on the 'pecking order'. it isn't the first time they have killed a Royal. Princesses for having sex for one.

I wait in hope that the UK, USA and the west stop supporting this horrendous regime. Between them and Israel they are the worst in the world for so many things.

Edited by Laughing Gravy

That is the funniest quote of the day so far. You are being sarcastic I hope?
Barbaric and a totally brutal and oppressive regime. If is funny how other Saudi royals have killed in other countries and got away on diplomatic immunity. Double standards.

This prince must have been way down on the 'pecking order'. it isn't the first time they have killed a Royal. Princesses for having sex for one.

I wait in hope that the UK, USA and the west stop supporting this horrendous regime. Between them and Israel they are the worst in the world for so many things.

You sure the right person is executed? Could be an imposter standing it fir all you know.

Just now, CHRISTIANa9 said:

You sure the right person is executed? Could be an imposter standing it fir all you know.

Not sure at all and agree it could have been anyone but if he was then he would have been at the back of family photographs and not at the front for sure.

Not  really accurate.

Back in the 70's there was a public execution of a commoner and  a Saudi princess because she deigned  to  have sexual relations outside of the conscripts of the Koran.

He was beheaded and  immediately after dispatching him, she was shot by a handgun.

Lovely country..

9 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

This prince must have been way down on the 'pecking order'.

Or the person he killed was way up it.

Tribal ties are still extremely important, and if he killed a senior member of a family supportive of and close to the monarchy, they would expect justice - and it would seem that's what they got.

If it was any old tom, dick or harry, they'd just pay them off.

Edited by Chicog

2 minutes ago, Chicog said:

Or the person he killed was way up it.

Tribal ties are still extremely important, and if he killed a senior member of a family supportive of and close to the monarchy, they would expect justice - and it would seem that's what they got.

I wouldn't disagree with you but knowing Saudi Arabia very well the Royals are usually at the top of the food chain. Usually Blood money would have sufficed if it was a tribal killing. 

Edited by Laughing Gravy

1 minute ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I wouldn't disagree with you but knowing Saudi Arabia very well the Royals are usually at the top of the food chain. Usually Blood money would have sufficed if it was a tribal killing. 

Not really. The reason this one didn't get diplomatic immunity was to keep him alive. Otherwise the victim's family would have expected payback.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2297078/Saudi-Prince-jailed-Britain-sexually-abusing-murdering-male-servant-flies-home-serve-rest-life-sentence.html