Newbie Question about Washing Machines

Briggsy

4 hours ago, Briggsy said:

First question, the delivery driver from Tesco put me on the spot going on about a big problem and then saying he could fix it. It turns out it was a very simple thing. Unfortunately I fell for his pressure tactics due to my lack of familiarity with attaching quick release hoses to bathroom taps. I thought the attachments were permanent. He was after making a quick buck which he did.

Second question, me. I would do my washing in the sink or bathtub by hand. Big stuff such as white shirts for work requiring ironing would go to the sak op reet, laundry, downstairs in the apartment.

This is the first time I have owned a washing machine and thus the first time I have encountered plumbing in a washing machine.

Years ago I had the pleasure of being taught by a very likeable professor.  In one of the first lectures of his that I sat in on he was discussing with the students whether or not receiving his doctorate was a significant point in his life.  He explained that the doctor title didn't mean much, but rather, after years of living hand to mouth as a poverty stricken student, he finally had enough money to buy a washing machine.  He said after he had put the first load in his new machine he sat back and drank a beer and thought to himself, gee I have really made it.

Welcome to the big time Briggsy...

Edited by Bulldozer Dawn

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Our ten years old Plus ... electrolux front loader just passed away ... no more spares.

Complained to electrolux and they gave up a cheaper price than we could find anywehere. Purchased an ewf12033 10Kg.

Clothes now come out so dry and seem to be cleaner ...