Ex Girlfriend Threatening To Take My Son

Puyai

As one poster pointed out that she can quite easily get a court order and have our child returned to Laos is very scary. My ignorance in the law almost got me into a lot of trouble.

I am am now seeking legal advice in the U.K. To clarify my situation.

Thanks again for everyone taking time out to post. Your advice won't be wasted.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Puyai said:

My ignorance in the law almost got me into a lot of trouble.

It's refreshing to see someone ask for advice and act appropriately before they run into problems.

I've lost count of the people online that don't listen and who won't be told.

Please keep us updated OP. You words may be able to help others in the same situation.

Why even take a risk at all, as long as you have your son?

If he is the most important thing in the world to you, take him back to the UK and get him educated

If you still want to chase the "p" in Thailand and something bad happens,  well you did this all to yourself

Any sensible father would already be on the plane out of there

If your ex's new BF has money, what is to stop them from sending someone from Laos into Thailand to kidnap your son?

Don't be foolish with your son's life and future

3 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

Any sensible father would already be on the plane out of there

Sorry but I don't agree at all. I'd rather say: A father should really try to give his child chances to see his own mother -> choose a safe place then 

The OP is doing an admirable job. There are still safe ways to let the child see his mother in Thailand, a police station is a good place - (talk to roi ween, explain the situation, show evidence, ask if can borrow their room and pay a bit for the help), the embassy another. If Thailand becomes an issue, then Singapore should be good

If it really goes to far, then OK of course, go to court and present evidence

Edited by MikeyIdea

Why even take a risk at all, as long as you have your son?

If he is the most important thing in the world to you, take him back to the UK and get him educated

If you still want to chase the "p" in Thailand and something bad happens,  well you did this all to yourself

Any sensible father would already on the plane out of there

If your ex's new BF has money, what is to stop them from sending someone from Laos into Thailand to kidnap your son?

Don't be foolish with your son's life and future

I am back in the uk. My son is now back at school. I even changed my flight home to come back earlier.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

23 hours ago, MikeyIdea said:

Sorry but I don't agree at all. I'd rather say: A father should really try to give his child chances to see his own mother -> choose a safe place then 

The OP is doing an admirable job. There are still safe ways to let the child see his mother in Thailand, a police station is a good place - (talk to roi ween, explain the situation, show evidence, ask if can borrow their room and pay a bit for the help), the embassy another. If Thailand becomes an issue, then Singapore should be good

If it really goes to far, then OK of course, go to court and present evidence

What exactly do you expect the mother and child to do in the police station?

Say Hello, how are you and then go about their ways?

It a court rules shared custody and both parties can abide by the terms, then fine. 

In this case, it is not fine.