May ready for tough talks over Brexit

rooster59

7 hours ago, aright said:

All I did was make a statement in response to an half answer , not the full story statement from you. 

I certainly don't need misplaced, arrogant, advice from you as to how I should present myself or my argument on this forum. Who do you think you are?

Pot and kettle has arrived.

4 hours ago, sandyf said:

And therein lies the problem, in such important issues other countries take a more sensible approach with a set majority, virtual even splits are never a positive result and as we have seen does nothing but create division.

You are obviously happy to base the future of the UK on 51.9% but I wonder if that same confidence would be there if your own future was based on an operation that had a 51.9% success rate -  nothing to worry about.

Whether Red Rum won by a head, or a furlong, he still won. That is the rules. 

A narrow margin of victory in any situation should make the victor slightly wary.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, sandyf said:

You are obviously happy to base the future of the UK on 51.9% but I wonder if that same confidence would be there if your own future was based on an operation that had a 51.9% success rate 

Meanwhile we wonder had the vote been 51.9% in favour of remaining in the EU would you have called for another referendum and would you 

have risked our future on a 51.9% majority? I think all Brexiteers know the answer to those 2 questions but please give us the bar girl answer  "I'm different"  

• Like 1

The EU’s chief Brexit negotiator has “fractured” the coalition of 27 countries by dramatically stepping up his aggression towards Britain, the Telegraph has been told.         Michel Barnier is Risking a UK walkout...........

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, aright said:

The EU’s chief Brexit negotiator has “fractured” the coalition of 27 countries by dramatically stepping up his aggression towards Britain, the Telegraph has been told.         Michel Barnier is Risking a UK walkout...........

Read the comments

For goodness sake ,stop already ,you can shout and whine and throw your toys out of the pram all day ,the British people voted to leave ,its over bar the shouting ,they are leaving , and you can argue as much as you like but please , just get on with your lives and lets just close this bloody subject .:passifier:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

For goodness sake ,stop already ,you can shout and whine and throw your toys out of the pram all day ,the British people voted to leave ,its over bar the shouting ,they are leaving , and you can argue as much as you like but please , just get on with your lives and lets just close this bloody subject .:passifier:

you think it's over, but it is not.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, aright said:

I have and I accept them for what they are but for me they  don't detract from the Telegraphs article. We all have our opinions don't we.

Rubbish opinions don't have equal value, except maybe on the internet where the intellectually lazy call for equal billing even after their (non-)supporting links are often nothing of the sort. The real background to the UK-EU negotiations is the half-baked "Perfidious Albion' antics of David Davis who immediately after the UK cut the interim deal with the EU publicly opined that he would renege if it suited him. All that Barnier has been doing since is setting out what would happen if the UK embarked on such stupid activities during any interim agreement period. What we have here is a UK government split down the middle. The soft Brexiteers can have an interim agreement and the Hard Brexiteers can try to sabotage the implementation. The stupidity is thinking Barnier will fail to see through the nonsense. No wonder he expresses 'confusion'. How else with the UK Government strategy a shambles?

Edited by SheungWan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

You keep coming back for more. And why is that? Because even some Hard Brexiteers know that the subject is not even close to being closed. Both the process, the interim, the post-Brexit agreements are all in motion. If anybody is throwing their toys out of the pram it is the childishness of the Hard Brexiteers throwing their tantrums having to respond to the realities of the Brexit process. 'Can't', 'Shan't', 'Won't', Bwaaaaah!  :wacko:

Edited by SheungWan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, SheungWan said:

You keep coming back for more. And why is that? Because even some Hard Brexiteers know that the subject is not even close to being closed. Both the process, the interim, the post-Brexit agreements are all in motion. If anybody is throwing their toys out of the pram it is the childishness of the Hard Brexiteers throwing their tantrums having to respond to the realities of the Brexit process. 'Can't', 'Shan't', 'Won't', Bwaaaaah!  :wacko:

Keep dreaming , soon be time to wake up to reality,  BREXIT :post-4641-1156694572:

47 minutes ago, aright said:

I have and I accept them for what they are but for me they  don't detract from the Telegraphs article. We all have our opinions don't we.

I do wish you would remember it's the "Torygraph".Ever since the Barclay brothers aquired the Torygraph it's had on its front page print and online an anti EU and euro story, fact or fiction or just their reporters! -correspondents opinion? ,it's nonstop drivel opinion, wishful thinking masquerading as facts.I see the Express group has been aquired by the mirror group,one down two too go. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, adammike said:

I do wish you would remember it's the "Torygraph".Ever since the Barclay brothers aquired the Torygraph it's had on its front page print and online an anti EU and euro story, fact or fiction or just their reporters! -correspondents opinion? ,it's nonstop drivel opinion, wishful thinking masquerading as facts.I see the Express group has been aquired by the mirror group,one down two too go. 

So just the opposite of the "Gruniad" then ,:smile:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

If you are not interested or don't understand the issues, why contribute?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, adammike said:

Interesting about The Express being sold off. I am broken hearted for them ?

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

Don't forget the "Independent".

That bastion of truth and total impartiality.

The Indy is NOT impartial but I believe it to be truthful. 

If you want the real facts, read The Economist

https://www.economist.com/news/britain/21736563-public-views-trade-deals-are-more-complicated-politicians-allow-muddled-attitudes-towards

Edited by Grouse

15 hours ago, aright said:

I agree. They present their readers with alternative facts so well. :smile:

Assuming there would be such thing as an impartial newspaper..news gathered from government sources is only that which they want publicly known.

The truth is always illusive or unobtainable.

A wise successful old trader once said to me, 'Believe nothing you hear and only half of what you see, and let your money be the last thing you part with.'

5 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Keep dreaming , soon be time to wake up to reality,  BREXIT :post-4641-1156694572:

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

If you are not interested or don't understand the issues, why contribute?re

It looks as if the intellectual stress of trying to understand the issues concerning the Brexit process is just too much for some Brexiteers, so they have shut down and will settle for the little blue passport and just wait it out till 'er March 2019 or maybe 2021. Well that is how it initially appears, but in reality they are not sure which way the Government split is going to go, so inanities will do for now!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

Assuming there would be such thing as an impartial newspaper..news gathered from government sources is only that which they want publicly known.

The truth is always illusive or unobtainable.

A wise successful old trader once said to me, 'Believe nothing you hear and only half of what you see, and let your money be the last thing you part with.'

Really now? And how is your sterling holding up against the baht as a result of Brexit. Deal with the truth of that.

15 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Really now? And how is your sterling holding up against the baht as a result of Brexit. Deal with the truth of that.

Whats that got to do with my post? 

The pound has been devaluing for decades..I suggest you deal with that yourself.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, talahtnut said:
Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them..Deal with that too.

A more ridiculous observation it would be difficult to find. But not unexpected from the resentful chips on their shoulder ranks of the Hard Brexiteers.