May ready for tough talks over Brexit

rooster59

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Grouse said:

t is not about leaving the union it is a matter of breach of agreement. I am old enough to remember when our word was our bond. Alas, no more. 

Again, Brexiteers show their true colours (to varying degrees)

2 hours ago, Grouse said:

. They don't trust the UK to keep to what was agreed of the Irish question and they don't trust the UK not to try and damage the EU club of like minded souls who have lived and prospered together in relative peace all these decades. They are correct. I'll bet in will be the UK that breaches any agreement reached.

What ,and the quiet move to federalise Europe, to continue to have unelected officials control the electorate with laws they didn't vote for and quietly ceding sovereignty and justice and other powers to Europe and to allow the membership of States that don't meet most peoples standards of being a fair and just society is acceptable is it?. Yes I know the upper house isn't elected but at least they have a stake in the country they represent.

Everything  the EU does is democratic and honourable is it?

1 hour ago, talahtnut said:

What would be the point of offering a bad trade deal?   EU nonsense!

Because a good trade deal might encourage others. That is the point. It's not to be unkind to us, but why encourage other breaches. You people seem to hate the EU so just go.

1 hour ago, aright said:

What ,and the quiet move to federalise Europe, to continue to have unelected officials control the electorate with laws they didn't vote for and quietly ceding sovereignty and justice and other powers to Europe and to allow the membership of States that don't meet most peoples standards of being a fair and just society is acceptable is it?. Yes I know the upper house isn't elected but at least they have a stake in the country they represent.

Everything  the EU does is democratic and honourable is it?

I do believe that EU motives are honourable, sometimes misguided, but honourable. I also think EU democratic processes need improvement. I never said the EU was perfect; I do trust them more than I trust the Cons or Corbyn.

5 hours ago, aright said:

Thanks for being so obliging. I certainly have no interest in what the Europeans think about us leaving the Union their thoughts and perceived wisdom were noted before the referendum. They also had an opportunity to prevent us leaving by being more responsive to our, and other EU States needs....but no, the unelected Cabal were insistent on creating a federalised State  in their unelected own image

Their thoughts are water under the bridge now. We are leaving.

As a matter of interest why would Europeans want to advise us why we shouldn't leave the Union. Would this have something to do with a higher tax bill for them?

The suggestion by any Hard Brexiteer that the EU 'had an opportunity to prevent us leaving' is totally bogus and not even worth a laugh. Playing the victim seems to be a standard ploy by our bogus team here.

4 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

The suggestion by any Hard Brexiteer that the EU 'had an opportunity to prevent us leaving' is totally bogus and not even worth a laugh. Playing the victim seems to be a standard ploy by our bogus team here.

In what way did we prevent the EU having a say in our opportunity to leave? I'm up for a laugh.

AS I recall when we asked for concessions we were dismissed out of hand.

Leaving the UK is being the master not the victim , do you under stand the difference?

A question mark ? means a  constructive answer is needed not a snide comment

34 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

I speak as a soft Brexiteer with a hard centre....

Cameron AND the EU had every chance to prevent the UK leaving.

They screwed up. Not sure how hard Cameron tried but their combined arrogance left the door open for the British public to vote to leave.

16 hours ago, Grouse said:

Because a good trade deal might encourage others. That is the point. It's not to be unkind to us, but why encourage other breaches. You people seem to hate the EU so just go.

We are well aware of their reasons...their actions are despotic.

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

Speaking for myself I have many friends and customers in the EU for whom I have a great deal of respect/affection for (Greta from Koln is particularly good at giving me ........sorry I digress) . I don't hate the EU, they have their own destiny it's just not the same as mine.  To say something closer to home. Some of my best lifetime memories are of holidays in Thailand a country I have deep affection for, but I wouldn't want to live there.

I don't hate the EU but I do want to leave as I'm equally sure  you want to turn your back on the UK because you no longer trust us. I wish you well in your new home.

48 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Its moot anyway as we are leaving next year. Good riddance to bad rubbish and a bright future ahead. I really oity the Europeans having to  continue in that mess. 

40 minutes ago, baansgr said:

Its moot anyway as we are leaving next year. Good riddance to bad rubbish and a bright future ahead. I really oity the Europeans having to  continue in that mess. 

The know-nothing crowd really do know nothing. Leaving the EU begs the question not only about interim arrangements but also the trading relationship post-Brexit. But no, the know-nothings are not interested, well not further than their bright, shiny, new blue passport. And that's about the limit of how much detail they can handle.

10 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

The know-nothing crowd really do know nothing. Leaving the EU begs the question not only about interim arrangements but also the trading relationship post-Brexit. But no, the know-nothings are not interested, well not further than their bright, shiny, new blue passport. And that's about the limit of how much detail they can handle.

It's all changed . When we leave we are going to have a blue passport for the Brexiteers  and a red passport for the Remainers. A red passport will enable Remainers to attend a rematch of the 1066 Battle of Hastings because they were unhappy with the result. They felt the Anglo Saxons should have been declared victorious. 

It seems some posters forget what the EU is, what it has become and how the UK tried to 'be friends' but are not getting tainted with being undemocratic and non progressive which is hilarious coming from the EU who dictate what countries can do and like NATO pretend they are a democratic organization when they are autocratic.

To the bird poster I will not reply to you, as you really need to get over the fact someone has more university experience than you, which seems to upset you, as your puns and goading are beyond childish. It is getting boring now a bit like the school yard badgering of 'my dad is bigger than your dad'.

4 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

It seems some posters forget what the EU is, what it has become and how the UK tried to 'be friends' but are not getting tainted with being undemocratic and non progressive which is hilarious coming from the EU who dictate what countries can do and like NATO pretend they are a democratic organization when they are autocratic.

To the bird poster I will not reply to you, as you really need to get over the fact someone has more university experience than you, which seems to upset you, as your puns and goading are beyond childish. It is getting boring now a bit like the school yard badgering of 'my dad is bigger than your dad'.

Eeuuhhhh what?

I see the latest TV and newspaper claims about the possibly, could be, maybe, potentially, might happen, come up again. The same ones that predicted that there would be a financial meltdown of the country and there would be no food on the shelves, after the referendum result. I don't believe it is a coincidence that the same could, may, might happen would happen, more drastically in those areas that voted leave than those that voted remain. How strange! You can smell the bull sit from here. You don't need a grammar school education to see the direction this is going.

Mmmmm Lets have a second referendum. Soros et al are having wet dreams. Ironic that this horrendous individual, champions the cause for democracy, yet wants to overturn the referendum result.  This vile individual is to blame for enticing Africans to Europe, under the pretense of refugees from supposedly war torn countries. What is even sadder, is the liberal lefty luvvies fell for it.

22 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Simple solution tell them to Foxtrot Oscar, we pay them nothing and we start putting tariffs on German and French products.

I am actually glad 'Barnpot' has leaked this as even some remainers will not like getting punished for leaving the EU. It just cements what I have always believed and many others that the EU is a corrupt, bully boys club that is about control and eroding countries identities. Do as we say or else.

One can only assume that if you were the CEO of a high tech company you would be quite happy for senior management to walk out and set up on their own or work for a competitor.

It is very convenient to forget that temporary legal restrictions are common place in the UK. Should that be known as the UK "bully boys club"?

10 hours ago, Jip99 said:

I speak as a soft Brexiteer with a hard centre....

Cameron AND the EU had every chance to prevent the UK leaving.

They screwed up. Not sure how hard Cameron tried but their combined arrogance left the door open for the British public to vote to leave.

No sale. The usual Hard Brexiteer Conspiracy Theory nonsense blaming everybody and everything for Brexit. And as I so accurately pointed out their endless playing the victim card. Not our fault guv! A favourite song! Brittle and sour.

18 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

Surely it's the ridiculous EU 'terms' quoted above that has to be the focus of attention?

I must have missed the bit where the EU asked to remain tied to the UK for a couple of years until they sort themselves out.

2 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I see the latest TV and newspaper claims about the possibly, could be, maybe, potentially, might happen, come up again. The same ones that predicted that there would be a financial meltdown of the country and there would be no food on the shelves, after the referendum result. I don't believe it is a coincidence that the same could, may, might happen would happen, more drastically in those areas that voted leave than those that voted remain. How strange! You can smell the bull sit from here. You don't need a grammar school education to see the direction this is going.

Mmmmm Lets have a second referendum. Soros et al are having wet dreams. Ironic that this horrendous individual, champions the cause for democracy, yet wants to overturn the referendum result.  This vile individual is to blame for enticing Africans to Europe, under the pretense of refugees from supposedly war torn countries. What is even sadder, is the liberal lefty luvvies fell for it.

'....there would be a financial meltdown of the country and there would be no food on the shelves, after the referendum result.' As complete an invention of the uber hard brexiteers as that 350,000,000 pound fakery on the side of the brexit battlebus. Looks like the extreme right Conspiracy Theory nonsense is also sneaking out for another go yet again.

16 minutes ago, sandyf said:

One can only assume that if you were the CEO of a high tech company you would be quite happy for senior management to walk out and set up on their own or work for a competitor.

It is very convenient to forget that temporary legal restrictions are common place in the UK. Should that be known as the UK "bully boys club"?

it isn't about that it is about punishing the UK and like school ground bullies ensuring nobody dares ask for another referendum. The EU wants us to keep paying and telling the UK what to do, like it does with the rest of the countries trapped into it. If the EU was such a great, democratic, transparent organization they would let anyone leave. Clearly they are not. Pay them nothing, charge the EU for our fish, start feeding ourselves like we use to, trade with the rest of the world and wish the EU all the success. I personally feel that more countries will start opting out soon.

2 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

it isn't about that it is about punishing the UK and like school ground bullies ensuring nobody dares ask for another referendum. The EU wants us to keep paying and telling the UK what to do, like it does with the rest of the countries trapped into it. If the EU was such a great, democratic, transparent organization they would let anyone leave. Clearly they are not. Pay them nothing, charge the EU for our fish, start feeding ourselves like we use to, trade with the rest of the world and wish the EU all the success. I personally feel that more countries will start opting out soon.

You really are confused

The EU is not stopping us leaving. They, like most sensible souls see it as a misguided move close to self harm!

They are not asking us to pay to leave, merely asking us to pay for what we have already committed to

The sanctions during the transition period are in case we break our agreement. The EU don't have to agree to an interim agreement and they have good reason to be suspicious due to statements already made by senior members of the government.

In fact, the glaringly obvious solution is to remain in the EU until the end of 2021. In that case we would retain all privileges if we decided that remaining was the best option, our industries would have 3 years to prepare and there would be no risk of hard sanctions in case of breaching an interim agreement

I am in favour of maximising degrees of freedom as long as possible.

12 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

'....there would be a financial meltdown of the country and there would be no food on the shelves, after the referendum result.' As complete an invention of the uber hard brexiteers as that 350,000,000 pound fakery on the side of the brexit battlebus. Looks like the extreme right Conspiracy Theory nonsense is also sneaking out for another go yet again.

Take them rose tinted glasses off or if you can read at all. May I suggest you broaden your reading instead of just reading the independent which is nothing like its namesake. Hardly a conspiracy is it.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/aug/20/brexit-eu-referendum-economy-project-fear

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/25/how-project-fear-failed-to-keep-britain-in-the-eu--and-the-signs/

https://www.theway.co.uk/news/how-many-of-the-project-fear-predictions-have-come-true-after-the-brexit-vote

3 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Take them rose tinted glasses off or if you can read at all. May I suggest you broaden your reading instead of just reading the independent which is nothing like its namesake. Hardly a conspiracy is it.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/aug/20/brexit-eu-referendum-economy-project-fear

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/25/how-project-fear-failed-to-keep-britain-in-the-eu--and-the-signs/

https://www.theway.co.uk/news/how-many-of-the-project-fear-predictions-have-come-true-after-the-brexit-vote

'theway.co.uk' : 'Hear God speak to you every day through our early morning emails'. :cheesy:

7 minutes ago, Grouse said:

The EU is not stopping us leaving. They, like most sensible souls see it as a misguided move close to self harm

Really. They are trying everyway to stop us leaving. They want our contributions, our fishing waters also our businesses. they don't want us to trade with anyone else just the closed shop of the EU.

Most sensible souls. have you got the evidence for that? Don't bother I was just quoting what is often said. It is a difference of opinion but the EU is not perfect as you have stated many times. I would go further it is a dogmatic, arrogant, self serving, undemocratic club that people in the UK have woken up too and know what it is about.  Sadly some souls just cant see it, or like getting shafted.

Archived