May ready for tough talks over Brexit

rooster59

21 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Apart from bending the rules,

2. Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes or wording. Such posts will be deleted and the user warned.

your distorted quote deliberately took the statement out of context. The article was quite specific regarding the UK involvement with Airbus and nothing to do with sourcing parts from India or any other country, of course that would mean reading the article in the first place.

If you choose a reference source that can only be read by an FT subscriber its not surprising people don't read it. As for all my other comments I stand by them.....end of 

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, aright said:

If you choose a reference source that can only be read by an FT subscriber its not surprising people don't read it. As for all my other comments I stand by them.....end of 

I read the article and I am not a subscriber. You deliberately distorted my post for your own agenda, totally unacceptable behaviour.

I fail to understand why some feel compelled to comment on something they have not read.

Well I tried again 5 mins ago and was denied access. I wasn't commenting on the article I was commenting on what you said but please stop bleating and go and cry to someone else if you feel so strongly about it. I am not interested.

4 hours ago, nauseus said:

Finally a straight piece of reporting from The Guardian:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/sep/13/jean-claude-junckers-federalist-vision-for-the-eu-is-far-from-reality

I'm not sure how far is far but he wants his federation asap!

Odd, I didn't any passages in that article about how the Germans were going to ride roughshod over nations opposed to this and impose federalism on the entire EU. YOu know because, as Brexiteers claim time and time again, it's Germany that's calling the shots. And you call this straight reporting? Are you calling those Brexiters liars?

4 hours ago, nauseus said:

Finally a straight piece of reporting from The Guardian:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/sep/13/jean-claude-junckers-federalist-vision-for-the-eu-is-far-from-reality

I'm not sure how far is far but he wants his federation asap!

fairly interesting read,

but way more interesting the articles linked to further down in the piece above.

a whole bunch of Brexit related articles, some very interesting

11 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

Odd, I didn't any passages in that article about how the Germans were going to ride roughshod over nations opposed to this and impose federalism on the entire EU. YOu know because, as Brexiteers claim time and time again, it's Germany that's calling the shots. And you call this straight reporting? Are you calling those Brexiters liars?

Odd that you mention the Germans. I didn't. But I just watched the GP - no imposition there eh?

2 hours ago, Basil B said:

Seems Boris and Amber have renewed their handbag fight...

Boris is misusing national statistics to win over brexiteers and Amber has ditched her passion killer, rim horned glasses, looks like another party leader contest soon...

I doubt any of them are genuinely brexiters, or ever have been. Heath got a free ticket to do what he enjoyed doing by selling the UK down the river. The rest of them have been on their own personal  gravy trains ever since.

7 hours ago, aright said:

The biggest problem with Soft Brexit is it's not attainable.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2017/09/16/biggest-problem-soft-brexit-not-attainable/

Yeah! Let's go instead with Boris's repeated discredited BS about an available 350 million a week for the NHS. Hey! If the rubbish worked once for victory, let's go for a double whammy!

2 hours ago, Khun Han said:

I doubt any of them are genuinely brexiters, or ever have been. Heath got a free ticket to do what he enjoyed doing by selling the UK down the river. The rest of them have been on their own personal  gravy trains ever since.

The Hard Brexiteer mantelpiece has an ever-more crowded collection of Enemies Of The people.

10 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Just watched the Singapore F1 GP.  Great race won by Lewis Hamilton driving a 'er....Mercedes. Must obviously stop that after Brexit!

I am sure that Mercedes (like many other Europeans) will still want to import quality goods (such as Hamilton) from the UK.

18 hours ago, aright said:

I wasn't commenting on the article I was commenting on what you said

Highlights the error of your ways.

I did not say anything, your comment was on part of a quote from the article but of course we realise that any accuracy is immaterial.

2 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Just watched the Singapore F1 GP.  Great race won by Lewis Hamilton driving a 'er....Mercedes. Must obviously stop that after Brexit!

Yes, a German machine controlled by a British driver! Obviously driving skills were more relevant to the outcome of this race, rather than mechanical excellence.

Was the judgement flawed and the figures inaccurate?

Published:25 April 2016

"So my judgement, as Home Secretary, is that remaining a member of the European Union means we will be more secure from crime and terrorism."

"We export more to Ireland than we do to China, almost twice as much to Belgium as we do to India, and nearly 3 times as much to Sweden as we do to Brazil. It is not realistic to think we could just replace European trade with these new markets."

"But in a stand-off between Britain and the EU, 44% of our exports is more important to us than 8% of the EU’s exports is to them."

https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/home-secretarys-speech-on-the-uk-eu-and-our-place-in-the-world

People  have mocked and  ridiculed those who have stated the plan for the EU has been planned for years.

Using David Icke as a liar and that Jean Monnet the so called father of the EU didn't have an input which is rubbish.

The EU and Juncker last week made it clear the direction of the EU. federalization, control of countries sovereignty and a single currency and bank.

Well Farage is right even many remainers would not want to see that happen. Luckily the UK people had foresight and voted to leave. Just in time.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/09/17/jean-claude-junckers-grand-plan-eu-first-laid-84-years-ago/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/eu/10559458/We-want-a-United-States-of-Europe-says-top-EU-official.html

11 hours ago, aright said:

The biggest problem with Soft Brexit is it's not attainable.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2017/09/16/biggest-problem-soft-brexit-not-attainable/

It seems as though these two staffers at the Daily Telegraph have written a book in which they claim a soft Brexit is not attainable.

Now unless they are privy to the daily negotiations held between the UK and EU negotiators, which is unlikely, how would they know when the neither the UK government nor the EU know yet? Negotiations have not been running that long but these two seem to know the outcome already.

Perhaps they are "financial experts" in which case they should be running the financial affairs of the UK.

IMHO I don't think that anybody knows the end results of 2 years negotiations. Sure they can guess, and yes, they probably know a lot more than me, but that doesn't make them right.

I gave up listening to "experts" years ago simply because they are usually as accurate as Madame Zsa Zsa with her crystal ball and tarot cards.

Any real "financial expert" is usually a billionaire, works for himself and tells nobody anything, but quietly makes loads of money.

3 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Mercedes F1 cars are made in the UK like most F1 cars. although only 2 teams are registered in the UK 7 out of 10 develop and manufacture their car chassis in the UK, though not the power units.

Do you think Mercedes, Red Bull, Renault will up sticks???

17 minutes ago, billd766 said:

It seems as though these two staffers at the Daily Telegraph have written a book in which they claim a soft Brexit is not attainable.

Now unless they are privy to the daily negotiations held between the UK and EU negotiators, which is unlikely, how would they know when the neither the UK government nor the EU know yet? Negotiations have not been running that long but these two seem to know the outcome already.

Perhaps they are "financial experts" in which case they should be running the financial affairs of the UK.

IMHO I don't think that anybody knows the end results of 2 years negotiations. Sure they can guess, and yes, they probably know a lot more than me, but that doesn't make them right.

I gave up listening to "experts" years ago simply because they are usually as accurate as Madame Zsa Zsa with her crystal ball and tarot cards.

Any real "financial expert" is usually a billionaire, works for himself and tells nobody anything, but quietly makes loads of money.

Lack of solid knowledge and well working crystal balls have never stopped people from uttering bombastic

conclusions and deep and exact insight into what is bound to happen in the future.

The brexit debate is a fairly good example of that

UK mass media

UK politicians

EU politicians

are pretty good at rambling, unsubstantiated, about millions/billions up/down

After brexit haggis production will increase by 14.28 % north of the border

whilst haggis consumption south of the border will go down by at least 7.82 % during the first year after brexit'

I am certain, just ask Farage and Boris, they'll back me up.

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

Yes, a German machine controlled by a British driver! Obviously driving skills were more relevant to the outcome of this race, rather than mechanical excellence.

.....getting off-topic here but unfortunately not the case over the season. LH only 5th on the starting grid and moved to the front due to the spectacular pile-up on the first corner. Drivers do make a difference but for example this season without a ride in either Mercedes (Germany) or Ferrari (Italy), cannot realistically stand a chance of winning the championship. Another point to make is that a driver is part of a team.

3 minutes ago, Basil B said:

Mercedes F1 cars are made in the UK like most F1 cars. although only 2 teams are registered in the UK 7 out of 10 develop and manufacture their car chassis in the UK, though not the power units.

Do you think Mercedes, Red Bull, Renault will up sticks???

Don't know. They don't want to talk about it so its mostly a wait and see although Bernie Ecclestone was openly pro-Brexit, though he is gone now.

13 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

.....getting off-topic here but unfortunately not the case over the season. LH only 5th on the starting grid and moved to the front due to the spectacular pile-up on the first corner. Drivers do make a difference but for example this season without a ride in either Mercedes (Germany) or Ferrari (Italy), cannot realistically stand a chance of winning the championship. Another point to make is that a driver is part of a team.

From a race to a season in one dainty step! Mind the dog poop!

Archived