May ready for tough talks over Brexit

rooster59

1 hour ago, dick dasterdly said:

I'm just tired of the pretense that our politicians are looking to support the referendum result.

I was prepared to give May the benefit of the obvious doubt at the beginning, but my original thoughts that it would turn into a more expensive version of never leaving are materialising....

How many more times???

Politicians do NOT need to vote with the majority of their constituents. They should vote according to what the think is in their best interests and in the interests of the country as a whole.

Sadly, and increasingly obviously, they vote according to what will keep them in power!

Anyway, good day today. Merkel and Macron will lead the Cons by their snouts to the correct, optimal solution ?

47 minutes ago, nong38 said:

These negotiations seem to me be just another exercise in waffle, we are to leave the EU in March 2019, but, there may be a transitional period of 2 years and after that maybe a bit longer still. On the face of it the PM's speech sounded very reasonable but then the French chap seemed to think that this offer was really the baseline for the talks and the only way is up!

I really cannot see us getting a deal with the EU, if it were businessmen talking then an agreement would emerge, but they are politicians, they deal in waffle and dont produce anything apart from extending the life of their jobs and aspirations and whatever happens they will still be in a job, I would be very happy for the UK to just walk away and deal with things that come up over Europe as they come up and that would also mean no money for the EU coffers.

The time frame also worries me, the USA is ready to strike a trade deal now and I think we should, we cannot wait for the EU to stop farting around! We should start doing our deals right now it might wake the EU up from its dream of the world.

The UK voted to leave, Remainers remember you had the chance to convince the public to stay but you did not, you preached a project of fear when you should have preached a better world in the EU and you lost, no one to blame but youselves that the public did not understand what they were voting for, they perfectly understood that question, so just accept it and get behind the country. a country heading for a new , brave and bright tomorrow, although "tomorrow" is a figarative word, it will be  a few years down the line but lets lets just get on with it and leave.

Just for the record I have nothing against the people of Europe its the EU beaurocrats who have steered them and continue to steer them in another direction, I am happy with the European people but I dont want to be a European, a country without borders and a people without any national identity.

Let me give you some words of comfort...

Following my recent European travels I can assure you that the European nation's characteristics are heartwarmingly entrenched. Their little peccadillos are as cute as always

Merkel and Macron (May would fit well with that alliteration) will change some EU regs to keep everyone, including the UK happy and clapping!

Lets work together, come on come on....

Look on the bright side; we're not American!

Edited by Grouse
Spellin

2 hours ago, nong38 said:

These negotiations seem to me be just another exercise in waffle, we are to leave the EU in March 2019, but, there may be a transitional period of 2 years and after that maybe a bit longer still. On the face of it the PM's speech sounded very reasonable but then the French chap seemed to think that this offer was really the baseline for the talks and the only way is up!

I really cannot see us getting a deal with the EU, if it were businessmen talking then an agreement would emerge, but they are politicians, they deal in waffle and dont produce anything apart from extending the life of their jobs and aspirations and whatever happens they will still be in a job, I would be very happy for the UK to just walk away and deal with things that come up over Europe as they come up and that would also mean no money for the EU coffers.

The time frame also worries me, the USA is ready to strike a trade deal now and I think we should, we cannot wait for the EU to stop farting around! We should start doing our deals right now it might wake the EU up from its dream of the world.

The UK voted to leave, Remainers remember you had the chance to convince the public to stay but you did not, you preached a project of fear when you should have preached a better world in the EU and you lost, no one to blame but youselves that the public did not understand what they were voting for, they perfectly understood that question, so just accept it and get behind the country. a country heading for a new , brave and bright tomorrow, although "tomorrow" is a figarative word, it will be  a few years down the line but lets lets just get on with it and leave.

Just for the record I have nothing against the people of Europe its the EU beaurocrats who have steered them and continue to steer them in another direction, I am happy with the European people but I dont want to be a European, a country without borders and a people without any national identity.

Waffler complains about waffle.

1 hour ago, aright said:

As many times as Remainers want to rerun the referendum until they get the result they so cherish

MP's should vote on the basis of the parties manifesto......they were voted in on that basis.

Is this the Mrs Merkel who continually bangs on about European values, stability and the strength of the European Project and says the people of Europe are 100% behind the Project. I didn't hear her mention in her speech that she only got 33% of the vote against very weak opposition...hardly an endorsement is it. 

:smile:

Today I am watching the Labour Party Conference.........much better than Benny Hill.

"....and says the people of Europe are 100% behind the Project."  Always like to see Hard Brexiteers making things up at the beginning of the week.

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

Let me give you some words of comfort...

Following my recent European travels I can assure you that the European nation's characteristics are heartwarmingly entrenched. Their little peccadillos are as cute as always

Merkel and Macron (May would fit well with that alliteration) will change some EU regs to keep everyone, including the UK happy and clapping!

Lets work together, come on come on....

Look on the bright side; we're not American!

Great band but Merkel's actions are more like clangers than peccadillos.

And she is the soup dragon..........

2 hours ago, nong38 said:

UK is not in position to strike a trade deal with US now, must wait. Leave EU and cut the deal.

European - country without borders - people without national identity?  Man, are you from outer space?

2 hours ago, aright said:

As many times as Remainers want to rerun the referendum until they get the result they so cherish

MP's should vote on the basis of the parties manifesto......they were voted in on that basis.

Is this the Mrs Merkel who continually bangs on about European values, stability and the strength of the European Project and says the people of Europe are 100% behind the Project. I didn't hear her mention in her speech that she only got 33% of the vote against very weak opposition...hardly an endorsement is it. 

:smile:

Today I am watching the Labour Party Conference.........much better than Benny Hill.

Yes Lab are a laughing stock. No mention of Brexit in their annual conference! It's only a side issue!

Anyway, Merkel and Macron will move the goal posts narrower but higher to everyone's satisfaction!

1 hour ago, SheungWan said:

"....and says the people of Europe are 100% behind the Project."  Always like to see Hard Brexiteers making things up at the beginning of the week.

Talking about things that aren't made up but are just out and out lies. 

'Made in Germany' lies in the 'gutter' after Volkswagen caught cheating

VW's conspiracy to rig emissions exposes it as the 'Lance Armstrong' of the car industry, once again revealing corrupt reflexes in German boardrooms

Sorry, I wasn't trying to ruin your erection.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Grouse said:

How many more times???

Politicians do NOT need to vote with the majority of their constituents. They should vote according to what the think is in their best interests and in the interests of the country as a whole.

Sadly, and increasingly obviously, they vote according to what will keep them in power!

Anyway, good day today. Merkel and Macron will lead the Cons by their snouts to the correct, optimal solution ?

typical reaction from someone who didnt like the referendum result which 17 million voted in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aright said:

VW's conspiracy to rig emissions exposes it as the 'Lance Armstrong' of the car industry, once again revealing corrupt reflexes in German boardrooms

So, back to the made up story about what Merkel did not say, (notwithstanding double spacing and big fonts about something completely different.....)

38 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

So, back to the made up story about what Merkel did not say, (notwithstanding double spacing and big fonts about something completely different.....)

You really are one of the most pedantic (narrow minded observer of form or excessive emphasis on points of learning)  people in my experience. Since you know she didn't say it can you give us the reference?

On 24/09/2017 at 12:45 PM, Khun Han said:

Anyway, this thread has probably reached it's conclusion.

Well after over 10,000 posts (not counting those removed) in 1 year and 3 day, I have come to a conclusion that there are some poster who believe in their position so firmly as to ignore that that is so blindingly obvious.

1 minute ago, Basil B said:

Well after over 10,000 posts (not counting those removed) in 1 year and 3 day, I have come to a conclusion that there are some poster who believe in their position so firmly as to ignore that that is so blindingly obvious.

Because of the entrenchment you you may need to clarify your perception of the blindingly obvious.

2 hours ago, aright said:

Sadly, your witticism demonstrates how little you understand about engineering. Don't worry, you're far from being alone ...

5 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Sadly, your witticism demonstrates how little you understand about engineering. Don't worry, you're far from being alone ...

Now you are getting pedantic. The thrust of my so called witticism had nothing to do with engineering and everything to do with corrupt reflexes in German Boardrooms. Keep up lad Keep up.

I wish I knew what asymptotic meant. I will be back in a couple of hours after consulting my dictionary for the uneducated:smile:

8 hours ago, SheungWan said:

4 hours ago, aright said:

You really are one of the most pedantic (narrow minded observer of form or excessive emphasis on points of learning)  people in my experience. Since you know she didn't say it can you give us the reference?

You were the one who gave us the made up statement, so over to you for the reference, Squire. Alternatively another weak attempt at deflection will do us just fine.

Edited by SheungWan

2 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

y=f(x) provided lim f(x)=c when x --> + an awful lot or when x --> + an awful lot

at which value of X will D Davis and B Johnson pack up?

either one of the two --> + an awful lot should of course have been --> - an awful lot

you could also say that Brexit is becoming hyper, hyperbolic functions are by and large asymptotic

suffices for off topic

(the mistake dawned upon me as soon as I had entered the post and left TV,

took me well over an hour to open TV and navigate back,

DTAC has its properties, or lack thereof - depending on your view)

Edited by melvinmelvin
typo
  • Like 1