May ready for tough talks over Brexit

rooster59

2 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Sterling slides another 1% on Hard Brexit sounds popping out of Theresa May's mouth.

Soros and his minions are pretty much the only tool the globalists have left to fight brexit now that PM May has bared her teeth over their government and civil service moles. Unfortunately for the globalists, Soros' meddling is just p1ssing in the wind, as shown up by the performance of the UK economy.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Khun Han said:

Soros and his minions are pretty much the only tool the globalists have left to fight brexit now that PM May has bared her teeth over their government and civil service moles. Unfortunately for the globalists, Soros' meddling is just p1ssing in the wind, as shown up by the performance of the UK economy.

Always instructive to discover that the Hard Brexiteers attacking the UK Courts and Parliamentary Democracy turn out to be the same bunch of extreme right conspiracy theory loop de loops.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Always instructive to discover that the Hard Brexiteers attacking the UK Courts and Parliamentary Democracy turn out to be the same bunch of extreme right conspiracy theory loop de loops.

Please can you repost that Bloomberg chart of FTSE by currencies? Thanks!

5 hours ago, SheungWan said:

He spends too much time on You Tube watching illuminati videos ... :cheesy:

17 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

So much for 'project fear' ... look at how the FTSE 100 has soared!

Then factor in the debased currency to discover that it has not! 

A single indicator for the health of a nation's economy is perilous.

Case in point to your comment is the Venezuelan economy. In 2015 Caracas general index skyrocketed 300% and 600% on year-year! But the increase largely reflects the collapse of Venezuela's currency the bolivar. Inflation was 500%. 

www.cnbc.com/2015/05/07/venezuela-stocks-up-300-percent.html

11 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Sterling slides another 1% on Hard Brexit sounds popping out of Theresa May's mouth.

I saw the speech live that she made to the Charity Commission and she actually said that the UK would remain a member of the single market. I don't know if anyone there picked up on it as she only answered a couple of questions, apart from the topic mainly about the pound.

It is a bit of a concern when the PM is virtually begging charities to help out with the governments problems over health.

9 hours ago, Khun Han said:

Trade deal with the US looming:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38565192

Of course there is, do you really think that DT was going to allow the UK to remain a net exporter.

Last year it was about $70 Billion in exports and about $58 Billion in imports, the new trade deal will probably mean around $64 Billion in both exports and imports.

21 hours ago, nontabury said:

Why should he (Nigel Farage) attend this talk shop,as he like the majority of the British people do not believe in it. Yet  his constituents must continue pay into this so- called Union. Better to do as he is now doing, speaking up for the Majority, and putting pressure on TM to fulfill her obligations.

If he doesn't believe in the European parliament, why did he stand for election to it?

Due to his poor attendance and voting record, maybe it was so he could draw his high MEP salary for doing bugger all?

He should attend so he can continue to represent his constituents, who are in part contributing to his nice salary, up until the UK does finally leave the EU.

15 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

There you go again asking for examples. I gave you some on a previous request. Why don't you go and spend some time reading the previous threads and you won't need to ask. I will not be giving you more examples for your inability to go back and read what people have said.

You have not given any examples.

Instead you claimed that some posters had said specific things.

Following which, one of the members you named denied ever saying any such thing.

You cannot provide any examples of members saying that leaving the EU means the UK will "lose it's democratic way" or that "the UK will not survive without it" because no one has ever said these things!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sandyf said:

Of course there is, do you really think that DT was going to allow the UK to remain a net exporter.

Last year it was about $70 Billion in exports and about $58 Billion in imports, the new trade deal will probably mean around $64 Billion in both exports and imports.

Do you have some empirical evidence for your 'probably' assertion? Rants about Trump and perceived US ambitions don't count by the way.

2 hours ago, SheungWan said:

One comment from Law&Policy on latest vapourings from Theresa May and Jeremy Corbyn: 'On Brexit, Theresa May's words do not correspond to reality, while Jeremy Corbyn's words do not correspond to each other'.

The globalists are getting quite twitchy :laugh:. They thought they had their rearguard action all sewn up, with their civil service plants, currency manipulators and legal cases. The civil service moles are neutralised, the currency scams are having about 0.05% of the effect that they hoped they'd have, and the legal cases will at best buy them less than a year. It's Get Theresa May Time for them now.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 7by7 said:

You have not given any examples.

Instead you claimed that some posters had said specific things.

Following which, one of the members you named denied ever saying any such thing.

You cannot provide any examples of members saying that leaving the EU means the UK will "lose it's democratic way" or that "the UK will not survive without it" because no one has ever said these things!

You stance is becoming boring. Again read the various threads and stop asking for examples. My line was some posters think the EU is better than sliced bread. It is a saying. It would seem that certain remoaners have gone from before the referendum to insisting the leave would never win, then demanding another referendum. moving onto insisting certain parts of the getting out of the EU such as  keeping a single market, insisting parliament has a say. I would suggest you should get use to the fact that the UK will be getting out of the EU and hopefully out of the bureaucratic failure that it is. Single market and all. 

Edited by Laughing Gravy
  • Like 1

TM continues to trumpet her cause 'best deal for everyone'. Its a fantasy, the expectations of brexiteers and the interests of certain sectors are diametrically opposed, there is no 'best deal'.

The brexiteers are not interested in Scotland, nothing to do with them, despite the fact the tory party said they would have a voice in Europe if they voted no to independance, which tory promise should take priority, obviously the one with the most votes after all self interest takes priority.

The brexiteers have no interest in Northern Ireland, no skin off their nose if there is a border, the peace process falls apart and EU funding comes to an end, nothing to do with them.

The brexiteers have no interest in Gibraltar, out of sight out of mind.

As for business, only those that tried to export prior to the single market will have any idea of the hassle involved but there is no shortage of experts in the brexit brigade that will try and dismiss it as a minor irritation, most of whom are affluent enough not to be bothered by the knock on effect.

The brexiteers are only interested in raising the English flag and sailing into uncharted waters searching for trade deals among the flotsam.

Fortunately I will be pushing up daisies before the shipwreck.

• Like 1

A little gem ...

"......

The European currency may cease to exist in 10 years without significant economic reforms, mainly by France and Germany, according to French presidential candidate and former economy minister Emmanuel Macron.

“The truth is that we must collectively recognize that the euro is incomplete and cannot last without major reforms,” Macron said in a speech at Humboldt University in Berlin on Tuesday, as cited by Reuters.

....."

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

You stance is becoming boring. Again read the various threads and stop asking for examples. My line was some posters think the EU is better than sliced bread. It is a saying.

What you actually said was

On ‎08‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 6:27 AM, Laughing Gravy said:

Actually Grouse some posters on here have claimed the EU is the best thing since sliced bread and leaving it the UK will lose its democratic way.

(7by7 emphasis)

You later said

On ‎09‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 1:45 AM, Laughing Gravy said:

Well if you read the thread and others on the subject in the news section, you will see some TV posters promoting the EU and how the UK will not survive without it. Ilostmypassord, cumgranasalum and sandyf are just a few examples.

(7by7 emphasis)

Opining that some people believe the EU is better than sliced bread is one thing; that's your opinion and no more or less valid than anyone else's.

But claiming people have said things which they have not is completely different. No one here has said the parts I have highlighted above; and you know it.

Did you not have to apologise to sandyf for claiming that he had?

Be an adult and admit your were wrong.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Actually sandyf it is still the British flag (union jack). it was uncharted waters joining the EU and it has failed. We will be just fine and there many other countries willing to do Business with the UK and also within the EU once they realize they will be damaging their already shaky economy.

As a brexiteer I have every interest in the countries you mention. They are still part of the United Kingdom and will continue to be

The idea that it is just to difficult to do business with the EU outside the single market just makes it more important to get out. I am sure the EU will find a way to do business as it will benefit them.

The EU is the one that has more to lose than the UK. Its behavior before and since the referendum has only made people realize we should have got out earlier.

I'm sure Sandy would be referring to the English flag; the St George's cross frequently seen on vests in low rent bars and flying proudly outside council houses?

It's such a pity that so many Brexiteers failed to see the cultural richness and strong social society the characterises much of the EU and reflects so poorly on our beloved homelands

18 minutes ago, jpinx said:

A little gem ...

"......

The European currency may cease to exist in 10 years without significant economic reforms, mainly by France and Germany, according to French presidential candidate and former economy minister Emmanuel Macron.

“The truth is that we must collectively recognize that the euro is incomplete and cannot last without major reforms,” Macron said in a speech at Humboldt University in Berlin on Tuesday, as cited by Reuters.

....."

Now here you are again with an intelligent comment. You confuse me sometimes ?

Yes, there were and are technical problems with the EU. Great CONCEPT but executed too quickly. Gordon did well to keep the UK out. There may be some very clever fix. I hope so!

1 minute ago, Grouse said:

I'm sure Sandy would be referring to the English flag; the St George's cross frequently seen on vests in low rent bars and flying proudly outside council houses?

It is sad that flying the English flag still means to some that one belongs to the yobbish stereotypes. (BTW, not including council tenants in that; I'm a housing association tenant myself.)

Whilst flying the Scottish flag or Welsh flag is seen as a symbol of one's patriotism.

There are, I know, reasons for this; but over the past ten years or so, we English have slowly but surely been reclaiming our national flag back from the yobbos.

Flying the Northern Irish flag has, sometimes unfortunate, political connotations which I wont go into here.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

It is sad that flying the English flag still means to some that one belongs to the yobbish stereotypes. (BTW, not including council tenants in that; I'm a housing association tenant myself.)

Whilst flying the Scottish flag or Welsh flag is seen as a symbol of one's patriotism.

There are, I know, reasons for this; but over the past ten years or so, we English have slowly but surely been reclaiming our national flag back from the yobbos.

Flying the Northern Irish flag has, sometimes unfortunate, political connotations which I wont go into here.

Housing Associations and Friendly Societies generally are/were GREAT British Institutions as were council homes. Sacrificed by Thatcher and the Monetarists that great 80s band! 1, 2, 3, 4 MONEY, MONEY, MONEY! Fools