Something wierd just happened.

thaibeachlovers

Trying to get onto the forum, and not having much luck at all, as usual, I was playing around and two things happened. The screen went black and white, and the performance improved no end.

Previously I was using IE and now I have no idea what the computer is using, but it is good, so far. It would be better if it was in colour though. So why is it in black and white when IE shows it in colour?

Thanks.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Trying to get onto the forum, and not having much luck at all, as usual, I was playing around and two things happened. The screen went black and white, and the performance improved no end.

Previously I was using IE and now I have no idea what the computer is using, but it is good, so far. It would be better if it was in colour though. So why is it in black and white when IE shows it in colour?

Thanks.

Old Firefox also shows it in color.

Must be something to do with the capability of the browsers - some can be told to display in B&W only, the old ones - and crappy ones like I.E. - cannot.

16 hours ago, yaagjon said:

Yes, I have a black and white screen and half my page missing.

I'm sure I'm not the only one.

When the majority of users of this site are Westerners, one has to wonder why it's in black and white.

Probably the same reason they don't show English language movies on cable tv now. Can't say more for the obvious reason.

Most Thai websites, online news even online banking sites etc.pp. are in black/white in respect to the mourning period.

See #4.

If you want to see a picture in color, right-click and select command to show graphics (depending on browser).

For Chrome there seems to be a method to bypass.

But is it really worth the effort?

Wish I had counted the number of threads opened on this already :smile:

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Probably the same reason they don't show English language movies on cable tv now. Can't say more for the obvious reason.

And B/W is a small tribute compared to Thai TV not allowed to show any entertainment (soap operas, game shows, music).

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Found out what the other is. It's MS Edge.

If using internet explorer TV is in colour.

I tried to download Firefox to see if that works better, but it wouldn't download after 10 minutes so gave up on it.

Firefox (latest version) is also black and white.

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

I see that English truly is not your first language.

I am Norwegian . Please enlighten me, what was wrong with that sentence? Stop mourning? 

On 10/24/2016 at 8:11 PM, balo said:

... we can stop mourning and enjoy life again...

Never would be acceptable as a prescient comment and more than a bit inappropriate now. Unless of course you are talking only for the TV habitue that all feel a bit put out by the nations grief.

Now, if you had simply been speaking for yourself as in "...I can stop mourning and enjoy life again..." then some of us here could possibly share your joy.

Nuance.