Thai price with Thai ID Card (foreigner)

Peterw42

Just now, Kwasaki said:

My Thai DL doesn't it has my Thai ID number from my yellow book. :smile: 

Mine has my Passport number. others appear to have yellow book number. I think it depends on the DLT .

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, David in the north said:

I'm totally unwilling to pay a foreigner surcharge. Lived here 10 years, support Thai wife. Buy everything in Thailand including 2 expensive cars & motorcycles. If its extra for me - I leave.

Double posting again what is wrong with this site?????

Edited by Deepinthailand

2 hours ago, Deepinthailand said:

That's another grey area I've changed money with passport  on D/L and on the pink card. But also have changed it without any of those being asked for or shown. 

Me too, and i had the ATM going on tilt while i tried to take money out of it by creditcard, had to go to the employee's who can't speak a word english after that. Not only the one i used went on tilt but the whole row of them, 3 more. After that they told me my creditcard was no good (mastercard), i went to another bank, got money out of their atm by creditcard, went back to show the first bank....ohh can happen sir they said.

Also had banks who refused my euro's, they examined them with a magnifier, they came from the bank in Europe and were absolute good.

They even don't have a blue light to check if they are real or not.

12 minutes ago, Keesters said:

@Peterw42

Having now visited do you think it is worth the 200 baht for those of us that are subjected to the villages discriminatory pricing policy?

It probably should be free, a bit like paying to go into a shopping mall. Inside there was a big Buffet lunch place, 250 Baht, and the food looked great. But you wouldn't go there for lunch as it would be 450 after paying admission.

14 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

It probably should be free, a bit like paying to go into a shopping mall. Inside there was a big Buffet lunch place, 250 Baht, and the food looked great. But you wouldn't go there for lunch as it would be 450 after paying admission.

So not only is the pricing discriminatory it is vastly overpriced by any standard. In other words "A RIP OFF".

I'll stay away.

Edited by Keesters

I have been to the floating market in Pattaye many times and have never been asked for ID and never paid. I used to go there just have lunch as there was a nice noodle shop there.

I haven't been for about 2 years, so when did they start charging foreigners?

No, it isn't worth paying to get in. Not even 50 baht. Mimosa just a little further along the road also and charges admission fees for foreigners.

Would you pay 300 baht to get into Paragon or Central World?

On another note: Has anyone tried to use the pink Thai ID on the BTS? That is something I would love to do as I could save a lot of money with the pensioners card.

19 hours ago, louse1953 said:

I don't know the wat you went into,but the thought of paying to go into a place of worship would put me off.

Wat Rong Khun (Thai: วัดร่องขุ่น), perhaps better known to foreigners as the White Temple, is a contemporary, unconventional, privately owned, art exhibit.

It is not a temple.

12 hours ago, fruitman said:

Not true, drivers license is also accepted but not at every bank.

The moneychangers all accept driverslicense....i never bring my passport.

Never knew that,  always used the bank with UK debit card and they always want my passport,  come to that never seen any moneychangers either where l live.

12 hours ago, Deepinthailand said:

That's another grey area I've changed money with passport  on D/L and on the pink card. But also have changed it without any of those being asked for or shown. 

Wouldn't dis-believe you TIT but could it of happened at a bank with just cash.

5 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Never knew that,  always used the bank with UK debit card and they always want my passport,  come to that never seen any moneychangers either where l live.

Super rich and the Seven ......(or five .....) moneychangers accept driverslicense.

They are in the big malls in BKK....iirc also SCB bank moneychangerbooths in Paragon accept DL. 

32 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Wouldn't dis-believe you TIT but could it of happened at a bank with just cash.

I change GBP at bank without any ID yes but it's my bank and maybe they know me!!! Have done it in Central in Pattaya at kk bank before now with no ID I think it depends on the teller and if there in a good mood or if there English I'd not good they might not want the hassle so just change it.

12 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

I change GBP at bank without any ID yes but it's my bank and maybe they know me!!! Have done it in Central in Pattaya at kk bank before now with no ID I think it depends on the teller and if there in a good mood or if there English I'd not good they might not want the hassle so just change it.

They are strict banks where l live and long stories of just opening an account or getting money from UK, I don't go at all to my main bank unless atm card renewal,  l use a Big 'C'  banks only about 3 - 4 times a year.

Can't bring myself to get a pink card, :biggrin:  done all the stuff around Thailand into parks and places.

On 10/23/2016 at 11:23 AM, abrahamzvi said:

When flying from Bangkok to Chiang Mai last week, when asked to present my passport when checkin in, I presented my pink Thai ID. This was not accepted by Thai Airways, but my Thai DL was. It was suggested to me to always use my DL as the pink ID is apparently accepted only in the "province of your residence" which is stated on the ID. Funny, but is this so???

My experience is different. I have the pink Thai ID card because I have Permanent Resident status.

Used it for numerous flights all over Thailand, and once on departure from Don Muang to Ho Chi Minh City but i should add, the NXKX gate staff were not checking any IDs at all. 

For domestic flights I've also used my Thai lifetime DL, always accepted without question. 

Edited by scorecard

On 23/10/2016 at 0:38 AM, fruitman said:

I eat som tum already, very nice. pet nit noi.

But what is a pink id-card? Sounds gay to me....

I boycot everyone and his dog who tries to overcharge me but even on markets they think it's fair to do, they try at least but when i come back with many full shoppingbags i always like to show them how much i bought (from the normal vendors though)...

Those floating markets are ALL fake, all over thailand. But tourists like them so that's fine with me. National parks i refuse to visit but instead i pay airtickets for the family so we can go to national parks in other asian countries as long as they charge a normal price.

In China, when visiting an exhibition or whatever, I was often asked for my passport, as they suspected (and rightly so) that I was a senior citizen.  This entitled me to free admission.

A nice gesture.

On 10/23/2016 at 9:16 AM, fruitman said:

Not true, drivers license is also accepted but not at every bank.

The moneychangers all accept driverslicense....i never bring my passport.

I gave my U.S. Federal Agent credentials and badge to Super Rich last month, when exchanging money.  To see what they would say or do.   

The lady never even blinked.  Just made a copy of it, like they would with my passport, and had me sign the copy, then gave me my baht.  

the fact that my fat cat rich lexus driving father in law pays 0 baht, and I the poor farang should cough up 200 baht for the color of my skin, makes me totally avoid rip-off places like this in the first place

nobody made a website about all the scam & scandalous places where this practise is ok ?

and some farangs brainwashed already so much claiming that this is ok ....

we can all see what years long brainwash can do ... don't we ?

On 23/10/2016 at 1:38 AM, fruitman said:

I eat som tum already, very nice. pet nit noi.

But what is a pink id-card? Sounds gay to me....

I boycot everyone and his dog who tries to overcharge me but even on markets they think it's fair to do, they try at least but when i come back with many full shoppingbags i always like to show them how much i bought (from the normal vendors though)...

Those floating markets are ALL fake, all over thailand. But tourists like them so that's fine with me. National parks i refuse to visit but instead i pay airtickets for the family so we can go to national parks in other asian countries as long as they charge a normal price.

Principal has its price, but revenge is much better 5555

On 24/10/2016 at 3:25 AM, fruitman said:

Me too, and i had the ATM going on tilt while i tried to take money out of it by creditcard, had to go to the employee's who can't speak a word english after that. Not only the one i used went on tilt but the whole row of them, 3 more. After that they told me my creditcard was no good (mastercard), i went to another bank, got money out of their atm by creditcard, went back to show the first bank....ohh can happen sir they said.

Also had banks who refused my euro's, they examined them with a magnifier, they came from the bank in Europe and were absolute good.

They even don't have a blue light to check if they are real or not.

Thai way, no colour 555

3 hours ago, ardokano said:

Why? Thai DL its fine..   something has changed in the last month?

Don't use banks much where l live so just use passport, the Bangkok bank has always needed passport even for a typed letter needed for immigration for extension. 

5 hours ago, adhd said:

the fact that my fat cat rich lexus driving father in law pays 0 baht, and I the poor farang should cough up 200 baht for the color of my skin, makes me totally avoid rip-off places like this in the first place

nobody made a website about all the scam & scandalous places where this practise is ok ?

and some farangs brainwashed already so much claiming that this is ok ....

we can all see what years long brainwash can do ... don't we ?

Green eyed monster there then.

6 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Don't use banks much where l live so just use passport, the Bangkok bank has always needed passport even for a typed letter needed for immigration for extension. 

Dude I am not much use too.

But last its happened  near one month ago and its be in Bangkok.

Even when I am lost ATM card  and bank give me New its be by thai DL, but  possible only  in  my branch.

3 hours ago, Angry Beaver said:

I hate that some places charge "extra" just for foreigners. Especially those places that list a different fee/price in Thai numbers FOR Thais and in English for foreigners.

WHY?

You not hate you not have thai income. But you hate not have thai price?:post-4641-1156694572: