Thai price with Thai ID Card (foreigner)

Peterw42

17 minutes ago, ardokano said:

WHY?

You not hate you not have thai income. But you hate not have thai price?:post-4641-1156694572:

I just think admission fees or a scoop of ice cream on the beach should be the same price regardless if you're a foreigner or a local. 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Angry Beaver said:

I just think admission fees or a scoop of ice cream on the beach should be the same price regardless if you're a foreigner or a local. 

ice cream?(c)

PC

Why you think that?

paid a visit.
  public facilities. discount this subsidy.
  the same discount for example children or the elderly.
  if you're here to get a discount for the old man and the old man you do not you will hate it?

again.. do you hate you not have thai income or treatments  for thai people  visits to other countries?

I gave my U.S. Federal Agent credentials and badge to Super Rich last month, when exchanging money.  To see what they would say or do.   

The lady never even blinked.  Just made a copy of it, like they would with my passport, and had me sign the copy, then gave me my baht.  

B)B)

4 hours ago, Angry Beaver said:

I hate that some places charge "extra" just for foreigners. Especially those places that list a different fee/price in Thai numbers FOR Thais and in English for foreigners.

EVERY ATM charges me 180baht plus 2 euro for the European bank so that's 260 baht for every transaction of max. 11000 baht...I think it's theft so i only use the moneychangers now.

My favorit moneychangers are Superrich and Twelve Victory, they also give a better rate than any Thai bank.

6 minutes ago, fruitman said:

EVERY ATM charges me 180baht plus 2 euro for the European bank so that's 260 baht for every transaction of max. 11000 baht...I think it's theft so i only use the moneychangers now.

My favorit moneychangers are Superrich and Twelve Victory, they also give a better rate than any Thai bank.

Then get a thai bank account and transfer money into it problem solved. You can take a horse to water!!!!!

3 hours ago, fruitman said:

In branch by pos terminal  can take money from your card.

2 euro its YOUR bank so its offtopic.

and can be 0:post-4641-1156694572:

11 hours ago, Deepinthailand said:

Then get a thai bank account and transfer money into it problem solved. You can take a horse to water!!!!!

Would you give your money to somebody who can't speak a word english and even is not trustworthy?? Not me krab.

A dog who got beaten a lot will avoid people in general and an elephant has a very good memory.

8 minutes ago, fruitman said:

Would you give your money to somebody who can't speak a word english and even is not trustworthy?? Not me krab.

A dog who got beaten a lot will avoid people in general and an elephant has a very good memory.

You are not normal are you. First you say you are being robbed getting money out of a thai ATM from your non thai account (we all get charged for that). Then you only use money changers implying you have foreign money to change so why 7se an ATM in the first place !!!. Now you won't open a thai bank account because you don't trust people who can't speak English even though it's a BANK. But you will give your foreign money over to someone who exchanges it. Get a grip take your tablets soon please

Edited by Deepinthailand

On 10/24/2016 at 9:00 AM, petedk said:

I have been to the floating market in Pattaye many times and have never been asked for ID and never paid. I used to go there just have lunch as there was a nice noodle shop there.

I haven't been for about 2 years, so when did they start charging foreigners?

No, it isn't worth paying to get in. Not even 50 baht. Mimosa just a little further along the road also and charges admission fees for foreigners.

Would you pay 300 baht to get into Paragon or Central World?

On another note: Has anyone tried to use the pink Thai ID on the BTS? That is something I would love to do as I could save a lot of money with the pensioners card.

I would have had the same opinion but I went a couple of weeks ago and there has been a lot of improvements in the last couple of years. It would be personal opinion if it is worth the entrance fee or not. I suspect most expats would say not, but the tourists were pouring in.

The OP was very fortunate and is not quite correct, I was not allowed in with my pink ID card. I was told I could get in free with their VIP card and would get that with my ID card. The problem is you can only get the VIP card from the office which is located inside. I now have the card which grants lifetime free access.

23 hours ago, adhd said:

nobody made a website about all the scam & scandalous places where this practise is ok ?

There is a website. Guess what it is called

2 price thailand dot com

remove the spaces and replace the dot

If you're really that pissed off I also recommend commenting on any discriminating place's facebook page. Tell the world what you think of them and see if they care. They may wriggle and try and justify it but as yet I've never come across one that abolished the practice.

2 minutes ago, Keesters said:

Chinese tourists? Most of these are prepaid with it included in their package tour. Bet they don't cough up 200 per head.

I wouldn't know about Chinese tourists. The tourists I saw were arriving by taxi & minibus then queuing up like myself. Felt sorry for the Indian couple in front of me with 5 children and not one below the height for free entry.

On 10/27/2016 at 9:58 AM, sandyf said:

I wouldn't know about Chinese tourists. The tourists I saw were arriving by taxi & minibus then queuing up like myself. Felt sorry for the Indian couple in front of me with 5 children and not one below the height for free entry.

No sympathy from me for any family with 5 kids.