When will it get colder ?

balo

My first winter in CM . I'm staying here 1 year after living in Pattaya and Bangkok for some years. I already miss the sea breeze .

But i was expecting the climate to be different than in the south .  I know it's not windy up here , still was hoping it would be a bit cooler than the normal 32-34 degrees. Just waiting for a change really , I love outdoor activities but just too hot when the sun is up. 

Edited by balo

16 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Read that is got down to 8 Degrees in Doi inthanon this morning

That's the news I'm waiting for lol . 

I know about the pollution and I am not afraid of it yet , I live outside the city , we'll see how bad it will get.  

1 minute ago, balo said:

That's the news I'm waiting for lol . 

I know about the pollution and I am not afraid of it yet , I live outside the city , we'll see how bad it will get.  

It will get bad but not in February as that's our last decent month. Mach and April are always lousy and last year first half of May also. 

Last year we saw three consecutive overnight temperatures of 8 degrees in Mae Rim and despite fifteen years here we went out and bought house heaters, just like many other people who have become accustomed to continuously hot weather did. This year? Who knows, it's getting cooler and nicer in the evenings but the day time temperatures seem to be hooter than in the past.

20 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

Apart from Doi Ithnanon, which is the highest point in the country, it wont get cold ,cooler might be a better description although for some anything under 25 is cold.

In 9 years I think I have worn a jumper once. 

Was you here last year ?

I seem to recall that it got down to 13 degrees in central CM for a few days .

Could have even been 8 Degrees, close to freezing in the surrounding areas.very cold .

Cool weather comes in cold spells that can last from a couple days to a couple weeks.  And you can have multiple cold spells in a season.

It's anyone's guess when they'll it, but often you can feel a dip in temperature already after Loy Krathong, and then when a real cold spell hits it gets quite cold, often late December and/or January.

Last year was just insane how cold it was for several days, even during the day.  (It usually the mornings that are cold, but then it still warms up to a very nice day temperature.

Anyway the numbers for last year are out there somewhere if you'd like to look it up.  It's different every year though.

This may be a good time to repost last year's 'women in winter jackets' collage.

Chiang Mai Winter- Large.jpg

Also does anyone remember all the snow at Thapae gate?  That was COLD!

aa12938241_10154439876711664_1440843351858787523_n.jpg

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

49 minutes ago, Puwa said:

In my experience, it gets colder as soon as the temperature drops. Happens every year.

Not always, sometimes it happens when its not hot anymore.

Tomorrow is forecast  33 max with 23 overnight minimum.For me that's uncomfortably warm.

For poor WTK suffering "insane cold" last year, during the day, man up sunshine.

The day time temps, here for anyone from Europe,UK,  like today, would be classified as a heat wave.

Anyway for a few of us that like to swim every day of the year bring on "winter"

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

Was you here last year ?

I seem to recall that it got down to 13 degrees in central CM for a few days .

Could have even been 8 Degrees, close to freezing in the surrounding areas.very cold .

Yes sanemax I was here last year and the 8 years before that.What is cold to some is not at all cold to others.

Suggest thermal undewear if its a health problem

2 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

Yes sanemax I was here last year and the 8 years before that.What is cold to some is not at all cold to others.

Suggest thermal undewear if its a health problem

I was in Chiang saen and out at 3 am in the morning and it was snowing across in Laos , temperature was below zero and with the wind coming off the Mekong river, it made it feel even colder . I honestly thought that I was going to freeze to death and went into the Police station for a few hours

21 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I was in Chiang saen and out at 3 am in the morning and it was snowing across in Laos , temperature was below zero and with the wind coming off the Mekong river, it made it feel even colder . I honestly thought that I was going to freeze to death and went into the Police station for a few hours

Sounds like dream weather to me , at least for a few hours.  But I'm Norwegian so I guess that would be considered a cold summer day in that part of the world .

Tomorrow is forecast  33 max with 23 overnight minimum.For me that's uncomfortably warm.

For poor WTK suffering "insane cold" last year, during the day, man up sunshine.

The day time temps, here for anyone from Europe,UK,  like today, would be classified as a heat wave.

Anyway for a few of us that like to swim every day of the year bring on "winter"

Today's forecast was cloudy skies and thunderstorms...

Sent from my R2D2 using my C3P0 manservant

The cold-season is slowly arriving, it's already been below-80*F, the past several mornings, and the monsoon cloud-cover has been replaced by scattered-clouds & warmer-afternoons.

Give it another 4-6 weeks, to get the full effect, I'm airing-out my sweaters right now !

I suspect that what the OP really misses is the sea-breezes down in Pattaya, they are indeed pleasant. :smile:

But for a quick-fix of cold, simply head up to somewhere Mae Salong, for a few days  ...  you do need a good duvet up there, for much of the year ! :wai:

On 10/23/2016 at 8:57 AM, Ricardo said:

I suspect that what the OP really misses is the sea-breezes down in Pattaya, they are indeed pleasant. :smile:

'Pattaya' - ' Pleasant'.....  Isn't that an oxymoron as there isn't anything pleasant about Pattaya...  (In my opinion...)

It's definitely on it's way.  I've had to have a sarong over my shoulders a few mornings the last couple of weeks.  When you see the temperature remember that it's 28 degrees in the sun.  Much cooler in the shade or indoors unless you live somewhere facing the sun.

This week I've washed all of the hoodies and trackie bottom and aired our the slippers, Mr K has used them once or twice already.

Yes a bit colder the last 2 days , especially in the early mornings. Looking forward for a drop in the daytime temperatures, I love to walk and use my bicycle when the sun is up .