Any 40-50 baht meals with air con on 2nd Rd

Hal65

Living near Central Festival I usually get a 70+ baht meal from the food court downstairs. Sometimes I will also head to a 7/11 to get a 40 baht crab fried rice or something similar. But of course 7/11 has no seating so it's back to the apartment, which defies the whole point sometimes.

I avoid street food after 2 instances of upset stomach (one time severely painful). Also they have no air con.

Is a 40-50 baht meal with fans or air con in the building to be had anywhere on 2nd road, or is this strictly reserved to 3rd road and beyond?

I may even be willing to walk to Buakao if it's close to the Klang (pattaya central) side

Edited by Hal65

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Hal65 said:

I may even be willing to walk to Buakao if it's close to the Klang (pattaya central) side

walking to Soi Buakaow is mandatory. it is rather difficult to find a safe parking place for your Benz.

Living near Central Festival I usually get a 70+ baht meal from the food court downstairs. Sometimes I will also head to a 7/11 to get a 40 baht crab fried rice or something similar. But of course 7/11 has no seating so it's back to the apartment, which defies the whole point sometimes.

I avoid street food after 2 instances of upset stomach (one time severely painful). Also they have no air con.

Are you really trying to live the life of a millionaire with $ 5 in your pocket? Have you ever thought about the business owners who have to pay a lot for their air-conditioned rooms? 

Your thread is pretty much tasteless, to be honest.  

Kiss is a good option , no air-con but if you can afford 50-60 baht i'ts  great value, or just go to any Big C food court and get your 40 baht meal there. 

Edited by balo

The BOAT BAKERY comes to mind.

2nd road vis a vis "Boys-Town". Farang & Thai kitchen. Thai Food starts at 50 Bht. English breakfast is 65 Bht, No AC but plenty of ceiling fans. Around noon it can get very busy. Service is quite good. As a "regular", I never waited longer than 10 min (except around noon).
Cheers.

Big C  on Pattaya Klang has a great food court and many of the dishes are in your price range and of course it's air conditioned.     From 2nd road and Klang to Big C it will be about a 10 minute walk.

Edited by Spaniel
add additional info

If you don't mind the trek to Harbor Mall next to Foodland, the pre-cooked Thai and farang foods at the Max Value market are in your price range (and even cheaper...the thai "pork" omelette over rice is 20 baht I believe and tasty it is as I've scarffed down a few ). There is also an air-con seating area provided,  which may even have a free water dispenser (not 100% sure on that last point). Enjoy your stay in Pattaya.

No, he specifies aircon, not fan. How does he expect a restaurant that sells 50 baht meals to make any kind of profit when they have to run an aircon for patrons? Different in a food court where there are many other shops as well. Quite honestly, he's the epitome of the cheap Charlie.

I'm glad that someone other than I thinks the replies on here have been out of order and meanspirited.

There's always plenty of baht millionaires to leap in and give off topic horrid replies about how only such as they can live in LOS.

OP, the McDonalds next to Festival food court has a cheap Thai food dish.

40-50 baht meal with fans or air con

12 hours ago, giddyup said:

No, he specifies aircon, not fan. How does he expect a restaurant that sells 50 baht meals to make any kind of profit when they have to run an aircon for patrons? Different in a food court where there are many other shops as well. Quite honestly, he's the epitome of the cheap Charlie.

I can't believe some reputable members making such miserable and arrogant comments here.

What's wrong with eating at 40-50 Baht places? I love food courts, as they are inexpensive and mostly clean, they offer a large variety of food, plus you clearly see what you get beforehand. That does not mean I don't enjoy some more expensive Farang food or even a buffet once in a while too, but that is my own decision. If people prefer or have to eat at such 40-50 Baht places permanently - it is their life, after all, and every life situation is different

Those cheaper places are great when you're taking a Thai girl and she wants to bring "a few sisters" (guess who's paying the bill, heh). Also I am happy with most food options and glad to benefit from a short walk if I can save a few baht too.

Thanks for the suggestions thus far.

To the guys opposed to this question, please don't take my update as a defense against your own spending philosophy (It's not; I don't respond to people who take offense or lay out their own worldview over little things).

Edited by Hal65

Terminal 21 in BKK has meals in that price range and air con. A T21is opening soon in Pattaya near dolphin roundabout. Contrary to some people opinions there is nothing wrong in looking for cheaper humble food nor anything wrong in looking for high end cuisine. I look for both. Good luck and keep us informed.

6 hours ago, The manic said:

Terminal 21 in BKK has meals in that price range and air con. A T21is opening soon in Pattaya near dolphin roundabout. Contrary to some people opinions there is nothing wrong in looking for cheaper humble food nor anything wrong in looking for high end cuisine. I look for both. Good luck and keep us informed.

That won't work. He would have to travel to get to 21, ergo 10 baht each way per person, and it exceeds his budget.

I'm not being critical of the OP. I am in that boat too.

38 minutes ago, Hal65 said:

Everything in the above post is incorrect actually

There is only one "thing" in my post, and YOU said you live near Festival. YOU said you would walk to Buakhao, which implies you don't have a m'bike.

So, are you going to go to 21 on your wings then?:post-4641-1156693976:

Edited by thaibeachlovers

The take away food offered upstairs at Bic C Extra on Central/Klang is your best option. A salad bar as well. You buy your food up there, then go down to the food court and grab a plate(don't ask, just take it) and some silverware. There is free filtered water as well, not sure about cups. You could buy a bottle of chilled water up there as well. Overall a great experience and a diverse set of options upstairs, much less expensive than the counters in the food court itself. No more free tissues so bring your own. They found out the hard way, when you give/offer something like tissues for free you end up wiping ever hand, nose, and *&^% in Pattaya so stopped the service. There are several, both farang and Thai's, who cruise around looking for leftovers so don't be put off by them, it's just food for goodness sakes...

22 hours ago, siam2007 said:

I can't believe some reputable members making such miserable and arrogant comments here.

What's wrong with eating at 40-50 Baht places? I love food courts, as they are inexpensive and mostly clean, they offer a large variety of food, plus you clearly see what you get beforehand. That does not mean I don't enjoy some more expensive Farang food or even a buffet once in a while too, but that is my own decision. If people prefer or have to eat at such 40-50 Baht places permanently - it is their life, after all, and every life situation is different

Its not the price he wants to spend, that amazes me, most of us like the simple food

Its wanting a/c to.

How much profit is there after paying rent, wages and all the other costs

Not a great deal. so wasting money on a/c is not on

That's funny thought he said Fans or Ac in the Op.

but i could be wrong :whistling:

BTW The malls are mostly Ac.

Think its funny how some people are getting so bent out of shape over the Op question.

Amazing  Ex-pats of Pattaya.

Edited by onemorechang