where can I go to watch the World Series Indians vs. the Cubs

NancyL

This is W-A-Y more fun than the current U.S. Presidential contest.  The best I can muster to satisfy the political junkie in our household is to climb out of bed at 8 am and look interested while I sip caffiene and watch yet another U.S. Presidential campaign event.  Sorry-to-say, I'm married to a guy who gets up early just to see the latest developments in the U.S. Presidential race.

But now something really remarkable has happened.  The Cubbies are going to the World Series!  Some of my best friends are Cubs fans from Chicago.  And, guess what, I grew up in Cleveland and dear old Mom was an Indians fans.  She used to round up the neighborhood kids and take 'em down to the old  Indians stadium for the weekday afternoon games.  I've got to admit that at the time, I wasn't really into it. My Dad's office building was two blocks from the Cleveland Indian's Stadium, so the deal was we'd stop by his office before and after the game to use the toilet as if we'd somehow get molested if we used the toilets at the stadium.   She'd let my bother and his friends run rampant all over the stadium, while she'd keep score in the program and yell at the players like someone I didn't know.  Meanwhile, I usually read a book, did homework and in general ignored the game.  

But somehow, even with all my preteen rebellion (side note, how many teenager rebel against their parents by doing homework and reading books?)  I somehow obtained knowledge and even appreciation of baseball. One thing that dear old Mom taught me was that the fans had a responsibility, they had to be engaged and respond appropriately.  Having done other activities that I would basically call "live events" like base balls players are doing, I can entirely see where she was coming from.   Baseball players wouldn't want to play a game in a stadium filled with  a bunch of hostile 12 year olds, with their noses burying in a book.  They'd much rather be playing for their over-rip moms, shouting inappropriate coaching tips.  At least my mom, knew who they were and why they were important.  

So after this nice tribute to my mom -- where can I go to watch the World Series Live here in Chiang Mai?

Try the television, Fox Sports most likely.  Most pubs, who might show it, don't open early morning, nor have baseball fans as operators.  The UK type pubs watch cricket, motorcars and the boring like.  But, you may cuddle up to Graeme at the PUB, he will be open and might tune in, just for U.

And by the way, it's not the cubbies any more:

it's now the MIGHTY CUBS.  AND MAY THEY PREVAIL.

Go Tribe !!!!!!

While I'm more of a fan of 'The Big Red Machine' I probably attended more Indian games than Red's games as my grandfather was an avid Indians fan.

BTW, you do know that those who attend the game and don't pay attention are usually the ones that end up getting driven away in an ambulance due to a foul ball or a accidentally discarded bat.

2 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

Go Tribe !!!!!!

While I'm more of a fan of 'The Big Red Machine' I probably attended more Indian games than Red's games as my grandfather was an avid Indians fan.

BTW, you do know that those who attend the game and don't pay attention are usually the ones that end up getting driven away in an ambulance due to a foul ball or a accidentally discarded bat.

Naw, my Mom paid scrupulous attention to the game and would have dived for the foul ball or bat herself.  I remember one time when I was sitting next to Mom behind home plate and looking around the nearly empty stadium during the game and saw my brother and his friends messing around in the upper bleachers in the outfield, way far away from where he'd told Mom they were going to get some pop (yeah, we called it pop, not soda).  I pointed them out to Mom and she barely looked at them.  Then I said, "but you told Mrs. Holmes you'd watch her sons" and Mom said "you seem to be doing a good job of it", without taking her eyes off the game. 

I'm not sure but isn't there a Major League Baseball online subscription for watching the games......and I assume the World Series.....for a reasonable price? My friend in Chicago told me ticket prices were $2,800 for standing in game 1?!? That sounded high but I told him to check out the prices in Cleveland. Either way, 2 clubs that don't get to the World Series too often. It should be a fun series to watch!!!

Really hope The Cubs can finally win the World Series again. I m from UK but on my US holidays ( 20 years ago) I saw Major League Games at Jack Murphy ( San Diego Padres), Candlestick Park ( San Francisco Giants), Fenway Park ( Redsox) and Wrigley Field ( Cubs). The latter two are delighful places to watch sport, with the often hilarious wisecracks aimed at the fielding team from the "bleachers" adding to the fun! For those on here who love Baseball, Ken Burns documentary series on the history of Baseball which came out a few years ago is terrific!

Fox Sports1 (in Asia also) is carrying it. SO anyone that has this on their channel package will have it. Thai 1 On on Moon Muang soi 9 has. Game starts at 7.08 am, but they open at 8.00 am. I did notice that the last game against the Dodgers which was friday morning here, they did not have as Fox Sports1 in Asia instead carried Thursday night NFL - but I picked it up at home on a Kodi feed for Fox Sports1 from the US. The World Series is purposely avoiding this Thursday night as a game night so there isn't a conflict this week.

Tuned into Truevisions channel 680 and while the guide at the bottom of the screen said it was the MLB game, instead there was some sort of soccer match on the screen.  Huh?  Glad I didn't make my way to a pub to try to watch this.

Tuned into Truevisions channel 680 and while the guide at the bottom of the screen said it was the MLB game, instead there was some sort of soccer match on the screen.  Huh?  Glad I didn't make my way to a pub to try to watch this.

You didn't miss much. It was a blow-out.

Didn't miss much? It was a great game. The Indians pitcher became the first pitcher ever to throw 8 strike outs in the first three innings. The Cubs had the bases loaded with no outs and the pitcher handled it. Just because your team might not have won doesn't mean it wasn't a great game. I am supporting the Indians mainly because I always support the American League team. However any true fan of baseball could say it was a great game.

Hi Nancy, did not read all through the post so this may have been answered this way.

I have and use USTV now...it even has a recording option like TiVo..I enjoy college football and many games are on around 2am here so record them..

Didn't miss much? It was a great game. The Indians pitcher became the first pitcher ever to throw 8 strike outs in the first three innings. The Cubs had the bases loaded with no outs and the pitcher handled it. Just because your team might not have won doesn't mean it wasn't a great game. I am supporting the Indians mainly because I always support the American League team. However any true fan of baseball could say it was a great game.

I preferred this morning's game. Great ptiching. Go Cubs. (On Fox Sports 2, channel 389).

Here's the scoop Nan.  Cubs and Indians tied at 3 games each.  One more game, tomorrow morning (CM time).  Only a nerd would miss it.  Hope that's not you.  

Get your derrière up and out to the Pub, a short walk away from you, by 8am and see it all. 

Pub serves food, drink of all kinds at all hours. 

Argh!  Ninth inning, 7th game, tied score and there's a <deleted>' rain delay!  Since when did they start playing World Series Games in November anyway?  It's midnight in Cleveland.  What a time and place to be going into extra innings.

Man, I'm so glad my ladies lunch today isn't a lunch but rather an afternoon tea.  There's no way I'm going to have myself together in time for lunch.