Price Thailand VS UK

ardokano

2 minutes ago, SoiBiker said:

I think he just envies those of us who live here, and makes this stuff up to help himself feel better about it. 

It's hard to tell, though, because his english is appalling. 

You can  think of anything.
  But in fact you can bring some examples?
  in the format:
  price in Thailand VS the price of the same product in UK?

can you do?

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, beachproperty said:

That's fine....But the point was that to build in the US costs at a minimum $100/sq ft vs $25/sq ft in Thailand.

Thailand is Cheaper

Well I can build in the US for much less than $100 a sq' & I only build custom all wood homes for the most part.

I have seen building quality in Thailand & am not sad I cannot own one 555

but we do own a condo as we have had it since 96 it has proven a great deal for us in savings while living there.

Difference is the Condo is 40 sq meters

Our home maybe 4x that

But it is all good & we love both places & miss both after awhile depending on where we are.

I think for most folks if they need to pay housing then overall Thailand will of course be cheaper to live

If you own outright in both places & live a normal life then as we see it is quite comparable

I will go out on a limb & say probably the greatest benefit of living in your home country is the safety net

Other than that it is a big beautiful world with many great places to live.

:wink:

1 minute ago, ardokano said:

in the format:

can you do?

Of course I can. But if I did, you'll just do what you always do - claim they don't count for some reason, or bang on about how the Thai version isn't the same quality. 

We've been down this road many times before, and it's abundantly clear that you're either unwilling or unable to comprehend any point made against your argument. So what's the point?

2 minutes ago, mania said:

Well I can build in the US for much less than $100 a sq' & I only build custom all wood homes for the most part.

I can only guess....But you don't live in Calif. where it costs $50,000 for all the planning fees, arch, engineer, school fees, pge, sanitation and water hookup

AND that's before building .

Thailand all those fees are $1000. I know, I've built 4 homes in Thailand

2 minutes ago, SoiBiker said:

Of course I can. But if I did, you'll just do what you always do - claim they don't count for some reason, or bang on about how the Thai version isn't the same quality. 

We've been down this road many times before, and it's abundantly clear that you're either unwilling or unable to comprehend any point made against your argument. So what's the point?

what thai version?

bmw X1 ?

bigmac menu?

levis501?

helmet SHoei?

Steak from Australia?( but domestic stake in UK is good, cant say it about Thai) So for clean compare take steak from Australia!!

tomato? yes in Thai it far from spain tomato in UK. it even not smells as tomato

OP, haven't you got this thread running somewhere else....? :saai:

Me, off to the gym soon, costs...20 baht....0.5 UK Pound..:smile:

On my way home I will but a few beers at 46 bht a pint.....1.0 UK pound...

Must not forget my cigs...45 bht for twenty.....about 1.0 UK pound.....:stoner:

I have to admit that I haven't read all the 'replies' but here are a few of my views  

Well guys I am worse off financially than when in the UK.

When we bought the house here in about 2005 the GBP-THB rate was 72. Sold my main UK residence in 2007 and moved here full time. Gave my children 100K each from the house sale and banked the rest.

The rate was 69 when we bought the first car in 2007. Lucky to get 42 now.

In the UK we both had full private medical insurance which was a company scheme, at an attractive price but only covered abroad for three months so had to come out. Two years ago they wanted over 8800GBP and it increases substantially every year. So we did an exit and now keep over 4M thb in a thai bank  just in case. It’s in blocks so I won’t loose too much interest if I have to cancel a block. We mainly use public hospitals and go to their extra clinics.    

Now I have to pay someone in the UK an unbelievable amount of money every time one of the rental houses needs repairs.

Golf is expensive here. Even though we both have club membership  it still costs us far more a year to play.  

Eating out has got substantially more expensive since we came, guess the same has occurred in the UK though.

It seems much hotter here now than when we came to live full time. But I think I prefer hot to cold...just!

However we are happy here and certainly don’t want to live in the UK when we are very old … god forbid!

We certainly could not afford to have a full time live in maid back in the UK  Hotel accommodation is comparatively cheaper here and we tend to take advantage of that.

Fuel for the car is cheaper and I don't even think of the cost of driving anywhere.  

In conclusion it is not as attractive to live here as when we first came ... even if the exchange rate gets substantially lower we can survive ... I think :smile:

Just now, transam said:

555 Gota love that "off to Gym" then beer & ciggs on way home 555

I like to swim laps in Thailand cost 60 baht nice pool

Too hot usually to run or bike

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

Your Thai costs are not the norm anyway.

Bottle of gas for cooking lasts 6 months rubbish, we are only  a 2 person household a bottle of gas 9/10 weeks.

We are a household of 6 and cook every evening, our bottle lasts the same as chang mai's, 6 months, we have been here 11 months, got a bottle in Nov 15, changed it in April and one just the other day, so 6 months is close enough, 9 to 10 weeks, I suggest you have a small bottle or a slow leak, or are getting a less then full bottle. We pay 400 baht for a replacement bottle.

31 minutes ago, transam said:

bear?

you must kidding?

d480f6b28a784cba84a59c171f5e6e79.png

5512fe4d6e124337a3ebe00b15a081a6.png

052581065aaf4cdd9718be759b952c0f.png

PS

you may be not fastidious clean.
  but even so I wanted to know where the address are the same clean and neat/clean streets in Thailand, which can be found in UK

55 minutes ago, ardokano said:

Your link price

f395ca7c624c4a97a3d6892c5b7df358.png

UK Mac price

d789e3d94278465d8ed2de49fcdf5bb5.png

Thailand mac price

68f5706da96f48a99d978cb378577ebd.png

So how can believe this is statistic compare?

I have nothing to sell you Ardokano just generalizing about one example is nonsense.

If we choose cost for one maintenance hour in Honda branch would be 800% for Thailand but this isolated example has no meaning.

However the Numbeo statistic based on + 50 article is a good base. And when the result shows a higher average price gap doubled in UK compared to Thailand there is no doubt.

1 minute ago, happy Joe said:

I have nothing to sell you Ardokano just generalizing about one example is nonsense.

If we choose cost for one maintenance hour in Honda branch would be 800% for Thailand but this isolated example has no meaning.

However the Numbeo statistic based on + 50 article is a good base. And when the result shows a higher average price gap doubled in UK compared to Thailand there is no doubt.

How can  trust if have even once not true?

i show example with proof.

you just say even not your experience

2 hours ago, beachproperty said:

Don't know about the UK BUT ....Thailand is a LOT cheaper than the US on most stuff.

Housing ....Built a 500 sq meter home for $4.5 million Baht ($150,000) same cost in US would be $1,000,000 ($200 per sq ft)

Food..........Eat plenty of fruits and vegatables  with some pork or chicken ......Thailand $200.... US $400

Utilities.... For gas, electric, water ,garbage, phone and TV .......Thailand $150 ....US $1,500

:smile:

Yep same in Sydney Australia.

Family of 2 adults and 4 kids.

Recently built our new place and extended our existing bungalow forward to incorporate it into the house, 250 sq metres (excluding the existing 85 sq metre bungalow), cost 1.5 million baht ($60,000) same cost in Sydney would be $600,000 ($2,400 per sq metre) for the same quality and extension.

Food-: About $1,200 per month in Sydney, $600 per month in Thailand includes good quality (to die for) steaks like T-bone, Sirloin's (on average about $6.00 each or a 160 baht of 300grams) from a cattle station in Sakon Nakon.

Utilities-: About $150 per month inclusive of water, gas, electricity, phone, in Sydney about $400 per month

8 minutes ago, SoiBiker said:

Any guesses?

ok ok.

sorry about my English

but anyway thanks

I have corrected my post

PS

can you show some example. 

or you are only being discussed personality
  and find fault with errors

1 minute ago, ardokano said:

ok ok.

sorry about my English

PS

can you show some example. 

or you are only being discussed personality
  and find fault with errors

What's the point? You disregard any example that you don't like, then say the same thing over and over again. 

This and your other regular bugbear - people that 'sell everything to move to Thailand' - make it pretty clear that you envy those of us who live here. Get over it, or move here yourself. It's cheaper than you think!

52 minutes ago, ardokano said:

in the format:

can you do?

What has clean streets got to do with this topic.....?

BUT, where I live in LOS the streets are kept clean and it does not cost ME a penny...

In the UK I had to pay local government tax about 120 UK pounds a month which part of went to street cleaning, SO, street cleaning in LOS is waaaaaaaay cheaper, in fact nil...

Petrol is cheaper, diesel is half the price, my government water supply in LOS is 5/6 UK pounds a month.....Now YOU go google the cost of water supply in the UK is for a 3 bedroom house and come back to us...Whilst your at it look to see how much it costs to park a car in the UK, or park in a Hospital carpark...In LOS it costs nothing in my town..

OH, just had a new high power LAN card fitted in my computer..8 UK pounds..

Just now, SoiBiker said:

What's the point? You disregard any example that you don't like, then say the same thing over and over again. 

This and your other regular bugbear - people that 'sell everything to move to Thailand' - make it pretty clear that you envy those of us who live here. Get over it, or move here yourself. It's cheaper than you think!

so what poit your post in this is topic?

PS

Show me where is cheaper than i thinks?

start from

transport and food

where i can buy some comfort  not expensive as c300 or simular

and one of for fun

i prefer RS6 but its fine be some as C 63

next where I can buy sets of fruits and vegetables such as I can buy in London.

Meat also want know WHERE?

where beer, wine, whisky.

and of course I do not mind to know where I can buy a tuning car
 Armor for  new Moto  hobbies
  And finally
  Where can I rent/ buy one bedroom it was possible to get out and walk along the clean streets to the shops, cinemas, bars, gyms etc?

3 minutes ago, transam said:

BUT, where I live in LOS the streets are kept clean and it does not cost ME a penny...

In the UK I had to pay local government tax about 120 UK pounds a month which part of went to street cleaning, SO, street cleaning in LOS is waaaaaaaay cheaper, in fact nil...

Petrol is cheaper, diesel is half the price, my government water supply in LOS is 5/6 UK pounds a month.....Now YOU go google the cost of water supply in the UK is for a 3 bedroom house and come back to us...Whilst your at it look to see how much it costs to park a car in the UK, or park in a Hospital carpark...In LOS it costs nothing in my town..

its mean need compare same thinks..

but forget.. not big deal.

petrol,diesel... YES, YES, YES and i say about this is in first my post.

.In LOS it costs nothing in my town..

your Town? you own town? ha ha

please compare similar.. what town you compare with what in UK?

5 minutes ago, SoiBiker said:

What is the point of this topic at all? You've posted the same thing before - are you expecting the discussion to be any different this time around?

so ?

i post it because some say in Thailand cheapest than in UK.

But i do not see what about talking?

And you still do not show me price..

I even asked you the prices for specific things

3 minutes ago, ardokano said:

its mean need compare same thinks..

but forget.. not big deal.

petrol,diesel... YES, YES, YES and i say about this is in first my post.

.In LOS it costs nothing in my town..

your Town? you own town? ha ha

please compare similar.. what town you compare with what in UK?

So now you want to move the goal posts because I have pointed out cheaper stuff in LOS...Dear oh dear..........

Now you do your homework and come back and tell me things I have pointed out are more expensive in LOS..

No I do not own any town....Please stop trolling....You are beginning to look daft..

11 minutes ago, transam said:

Petrol is cheaper, diesel is half the price.Whilst your at it look to see how much it costs to park a car in the UK, or park in a Hospital carpark...In LOS it costs nothing in my town..

price  Amg c 63 in UK 61k paund its 2.65 million Bt

In Thailand 10 million Bt

How many time i can parcking for 7.35 million Bt  and to pay for the difference in the fuel?

2 minutes ago, transam said:

So now you want to move the goal posts because I have pointed out cheaper stuff in LOS...Dear oh dear..........

Now you do your homework and come back and tell me things I have pointed out are more expensive in LOS..

No I do not own any town....Please stop trolling....You are beginning to look daft..

Beginning?

10 minutes ago, transam said:

you even not read first post..

You say "thinks"  i write in first post.

I am not your dear. ok?

please not insult me. I am not gay.

Archived