Forced username change

Epictetus

Hi, I used to be Xangsamhua. Was for 10 years, though have been back in Oz for four and don't post much any more. Still with about 2,500 posts some members might recognise me and the old red Royal Lao flag that was my avatar. Now I'm Epictetus, a moniker I use on other forums I'm involved in, and this is my first post under my new name.

But I didn't want to become Epictetus. I was quite fond of my old name and avatar, but the Thaivisa phone app wouldn't allow me to sign in as Xangsamhua, so I signed up as Epictetus, thinking that this would apply only to the phone app. Wrong. It wiped out my old persona on the laptop-accessed forum as well.

I wonder why  the app wouldn't accept my old username and password. It hadn't changed for years. Still, websites are like that sometimes and, as the man said a long time ago, "Nothing is permanent; attachment brings about suffering", so I've let go of Xangsamhua and his bright red flag and am happy to introduce myself as Epictetus with his somewhat incongruous Ganesha avatar (if I can figure out how to get it up there).

If anyone has issues logging in their first port of call should be to email support[at]thaivisa.com who should be able to sort any issues.

I have no idea why Xangsamhua couldn't get in on the mobile app, but creating a new username isn't the way to go.

Closed.