Could Taiwan become the first Asian country to legalise same-sex marriage?

isanbirder

gotta start somewhere, as it's a guaranteed means for bringing down the averages on spiralling natural birth rates.

Next stop - India...

and all muslim countries, what with their 14 kids per family numbers

On 10/30/2016 at 3:59 PM, tifino said:

gotta start somewhere, as it's a guaranteed means for bringing down the averages on spiralling natural birth rates.

Next stop - India...

and all muslim countries, what with their 14 kids per family numbers

What do you want to tell us? Sounds pretty much off-topic to me, but I might be wrong.

1 minute ago, onthemoon said:

What do you want to tell us? Sounds pretty much off-topic to me, but I might be wrong.

He's assuming that the more gay people there are, the fewer breeders there'll be. In Anthony Burgess' novel The Wanting Seed the government actively encouraged such a view with the slogan "It's sapiens to be homo"

Just now, SaintLouisBlues said:

He's assuming that the more gay people there are, the fewer breeders there'll be. In Anthony Burgess' novel The Wanting Seed the government actively encouraged such a view with the slogan "It's sapiens to be homo"

Considering that many gay people marry women and have children because they are under social pressure to do so, this applies only to societies where being gay is not accepted. It has nothing to do with whether legal marriage is allowed.

26 minutes ago, Scott said:

I don't think anybody talks to the Thai gov't.   It seems like they do the talking and everyone else gets to listen.....but we can always hope.  

My immediate reaction to this was that, since the Thai government is heavily influenced by Chinese thinking, I should check on what the current status is in China.  I came across this amusing (at least to me, and slightly off topic) item:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_in_China#Slang_in_contemporary_Chinese_gay_culture