Vegemite, Marmite And Promite

the gentleman

vegemite, marmite and promite  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that

A collection of people who consider an intestine filled with congealed blood a delicassy, who eat cold pies and drink hot piss, says enough about their gastronomic capabilities. :o

:D , Vegemites secret weapon - Bronco!

Also Englands favourite lager is Fosters and favourite soap is Neighbours - that says it all about the Brits :D

Gent - True Brits ain't got a favourite lager. If it's not Newcastle Brown it's Marston Pedigree or whatever. But ALE, not p1ss

And you must be talking about the summer, if you think it's a Saturday night bath. During the winter we're sewn up in red flannel for the duration. :D

And black pudding? A thick slice, fried for breakfast - really settles the stomach after a night on the ALE.

What about white pudding? Anyone from Tees-side here? Had some really good stuff when based at RAF Thornaby.

We're soap dodgers mate - don't have a favourite soap - certainly not Neighbours or Home and Away.

I've had a sudden urge to hunt down a pack of Twiglets.

Used to work in John Dickinsons - the stationery people.

The glue shop (for envelopes, etc.) had large vats of Gawd-Knows-What being rendered down for glue. Dead rats floating in it, stink was awful. (Even had to bathe in the winter :o )

Anyway, this boiling, bubbling cauldron had bits running down the outside, congealing in long strings of gunk that looked exactly like Twiglets.

Never licked an envelope or postage stamp since.

Can't say the same about other things, though. :D

The fact that

A collection of people who consider an intestine filled with congealed blood a delicassy, who eat cold pies and drink hot piss, says enough about their gastronomic capabilities. :o

:D , Vegemites secret weapon - Bronco!

Also Englands favourite lager is Fosters and favourite soap is Neighbours - that says it all about the Brits :D

Gent - True Brits ain't got a favourite lager. If it's not Newcastle Brown it's Marston Pedigree or whatever. But ALE, not p1ss

And you must be talking about the summer, if you think it's a Saturday night bath. During the winter we're sewn up in red flannel for the duration. :D

And black pudding? A thick slice, fried for breakfast - really settles the stomach after a night on the ALE.

What about white pudding? Anyone from Tees-side here? Had some really good stuff when based at RAF Thornaby.

We're soap dodgers mate - don't have a favourite soap - certainly not Neighbours or Home and Away.

come on UP2U, you know Neighbours is on twice a day and the biggest selling beer is Fosters :D

Tee side, way eye mun, been doon the toon on many occasions!

Thornaby hey, when was that mate?

come on UP2U, you know Neighbours is on twice a day and the biggest selling beer is Fosters :o

Tee side, way eye mun, been doon the toon on many occasions!

Thornaby hey, when was that mate?

Too long ago to want to remember! Serving in Air-Sea Rescue helicopters.

Must have been late fifties - then it was closed and a housing estate built over the aerodrome.

Don't know about soaps - have been abroad for thirty years now - all over. But Neighbours was on at one time - late afternoon, I think - OK for the bored housewives, but didn't disturb the homecoming workers :D

You're not a monkey-hanger, by any chance?

No I wasnt a Monkey Hanger mate, my great Uncle was stationed there in the late 30's (I think), but I thought that base was also used as a military airfield - any info on that side of things?

I was told by my grandfather that my uncle was in the Auxiliary Airforce 608 Bomber Squadron.

No I wasnt a Monkey Hanger mate, my great Uncle was stationed there in the late 30's (I think), but I thought that base was also used as a military airfield - any info on that side of things?

I was told by my grandfather that my uncle was in the Auxiliary Airforce 608 Bomber Squadron.

When I was there it was a fighter base - the SAR helicopters were always based at such locations, 'cos we had to go and pick the idiots out of the water every week or so.

Later I was back in the area building a nuclear plant at Seal Sands, went to visit old haunts and found a housing estate where I thought my billet had been. Asked the locals and they looked at me 'RAF Thornaby - never 'eard of it' So they must have been from Middlesborough or Stockton.

Never went back - found the Middle East had warmer seas to swim in.

Never been further north that Watford, me old mum told me that foreigners lived there. Personally I think everybody should change their avatars to their favourite tipple or product, and bring some much needed colour and cheer back into the forum.

There simply is no contest!!!!! VEGEMITE....Hands down. Force fed Marmite as a kid during the war by a caring mother......hated the '<deleted> stuff.

VEGEMITE RULES

Yeah I should be swinging at Tyburn! For those unfamiliar with Middlesex geography, it used to be at the junction of the present Batswater and Edgware roads, and Oxford street. About tewnty five paces north of Marble Arch)

The infamous Dick Turpin suffered his demise there, along numerous other footpads and gentleman of the road.

However, Vegemite still rules, AND as an added bonus, it gets rid of tongue ulcers in nothing flat. I'm sure you all needed to know that........

Probably the only time I'd get away with saying "a portion of mushy peas" sounds like an STD :o

...although it is the carrier of a much more serious desease, if the symptoms habitual consumers display are anything to go by (I lived in Leeds for 3 years).

I have to admit that I grew up on Marmite. Now I enjoy both it and Vegemite.

As everyone who has had the priviledge to have had both (not together, although that could be interesting) knows there is a distinctive difference in the taste between the two.

As long as I have a jar of one or the other on hand I know there is always the makings of a good breakfast.

AND as others have pointed out the is not much danger of the missus or her siblings gobbling it all up.

You always know that there is at least one thing thats not gonna disappear overnight, which you certainly cannot say about your one or two litre bottle of Chivas or Johnnie Black.

The only problem here in the realm is that the government nust apply around 400% tax on the stuff and that must be how the term "black gold" came into being.

Never been further north that Watford, me old mum told me that foreigners lived there. Personally I think everybody should change their avatars to their favourite tipple or product, and bring some much needed colour and cheer back into the forum.

There simply is no contest!!!!! VEGEMITE....Hands down. Force fed Marmite as a kid during the war by a caring mother......hated the '<deleted> stuff.

VEGEMITE RULES

my avatar contains 4 of my favourite products and 6 of my favourite tipples (with an n) :o

I see from the results of the poll that there are more Brits than Aussies in the forum!!

soapdodgers everywhere, can't blame them really, who would want to live in blighty, too many bloody poms :D:D:o

anyway it's quality not quantity that counts :D

Too many poms?

come on mate, it is full of aussie bartenders and Kosovars :o

Bash

You get the rejects there bash, cant hack it in Oz, anyone can serve hot dishwater, but to dispense the excellent vareties and specimen of malted beverage we have here requires true talent.

:D:D:D