Vegemite, Marmite And Promite

the gentleman

vegemite, marmite and promite  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mince tattys and gravy, fish and chips, cornish pasties and marmite - thanks England for your contibution :o

You forgot chip butties and Yorkshire caviar. It wouldn't take much out of your dole cheque to have both on your plate.

but do any of you soapdodgers know what "marmite" means?????? :o

Noun 1. marmite - soup cooked in a large pot

soup - liquid food especially of meat or fish or vegetable stock often containing pieces of solid food

2. marmite - a large pot especially one with legs used e.g. for cooking soup

pot - metal or earthenware cooking vessel that is usually round and deep; often has a handle and lid

Good enough for you Bronc?

Too long to read all the posts...however as far as I am concerned Vegemite wins the day...here is a little extract...(pun intended)

Vegemite is the brand name of a yeast extract chiefly utilized as a spread for toast and sandwiches in Australia and New Zealand. Invented in 1923 by Fred Walker and Dr. Cyril Callister, the dark brown, pasty substance that later became a Kraft Foods product appears to be an acquired taste and has never been lucratively promoted in other parts of the world. Its initial success in Australia is often attributed to early advertising efforts that focused upon the health benefits children receive from eating vegemite, which is rich in vitamins from the B group. Most Americans, however, first became acquainted with vegemite in the early 1980s when a reference to the spread was made by the Australian band Men at Work in their hit song "Down Under."

gathered from Vegemite aroi mak mak

but do any of you soapdodgers know what "marmite" means?????? :D

soup - liquid food especially of meat or fish or vegetable stock often containing pieces of solid food

pot - metal or earthenware cooking vessel that is usually round and deep; often has a handle and lid

You smoking those funny smelling fags again Bash? What a load of twaddle :o

Still waiting Bronco............

but do any of you soapdodgers know what "marmite" means?????? :D

You smoking those funny smelling fags again Bash? What a load of twaddle :D

Still waiting Bronco............

Dunno

I found it with Google, and the lable does have a soup terrene on it doesn't it.

I guess we will have to wait till Bronc gets out of his pit in the morning to get the definitive :D

Bash

:o

Both the Encyclopaedia Britannica and concise Oxford dictionary make no reference to Marmite, which surprises me, so it's all up to the "all knowing" Bronco. C'mon cough......... :o

It's a french word, 5555, a cooking vessel, you soapdodgers favourite food is a froggy word 5555 :D

What an 'effin let down :D At least Bash was partly right! Better get that in before he jumps down my neck, and yells "I told you so" :D

So that's it? End of thread? :o

ehhhhhrunpfh....

I err told you so!! :D

Please lets keep this silly amusing plot going, i know it really annoys the ###### out of the pedants and Jocks

I love all this sillyness it makes an amusing bit of my day, plus the moderators and George must like all these hits and views too.

Kepp it up chaps

and Bronco, Vegimite is for girls and Aussies mate

Bash

What an 'effin let down :D  At least Bash was partly right! Better get that in before he jumps down my neck, and yells "I told you so" 

So that's it? End of thread? 

ehhhhhrunpfh....

I err told you so!!

Please lets keep this silly amusing plot going, i know it really annoys the ###### out of the pedants and Jocks

I love all this sillyness it makes an amusing bit of my day, plus the moderators and George must like all these hits and views too.

Kepp it up chaps

Bash

What an 'effin let down At least Bash was partly right! Better get that in before he jumps down my neck, and yells "I told you so"  \

So that's it? End of thread? 

ehhhhhrunpfh....

I err told you so!!

Kepp it up chaps

Bash

What an 'effin let down :D  At least Bash was partly right! Better get that in before he jumps down my neck, and yells "I told you so" 

So that's it? End of thread?  :D

ehhhhhrunpfh....

I err told you so!!

Kepp it up chaps

Bash

I did ask you not to say "I told you so" but you just had to go and say it, din't yer........

Oh well anything to keep good old Georges hit level up :o

What is Vegemite? As a kid growing up in Aussie, I only ate Vaginamite or Penisbutter on toast, maybe the nickname was a regional thing :o Always thought empty Vaginamite jars made great glasses for entertaining guests with a fine glass of deathbag(cask) wine in my uni days :D

What is Vegemite? As a kid growing up in Aussie, I only ate Vaginamite or Penisbutter on toast, maybe the nickname was a regional thing :o Always thought empty Vaginamite jars made great glasses for entertaining guests with a fine glass of deathbag(cask) wine in my uni days :D

That's a very short looking Torana on your avatar, made for Thai export? :D

:D - same school? :D - yes the vegemite glasses were common place in my house....... what a product!

Was in villa market the other day and noticed that right next to Marshite and Vaginamite, was another one called BOVRIL ! I wonder how bad it tastes ? With a name like BOVRIL......say that slowly to yourself a few times...B-O-V-R-I-L ....you would have to imagine that it tastes like a skid mark in a bar girls undies !! :o

they got fast cars in tassie, gotta catch your sister somehow :D

another load of marsh!t coming up puke.gif

In Australia it's Bonox, and I find it extremely good on my brown golf shoes :o

Heaven forbid actually consuming the stuff.

remember the ad, coffee, tea or bonox?

VB thanks

Yeah, about the same time I was flying with Susan Jones on Ansett :D