change from B to C in Bangkok

I suggest you check with your local work permit office to find out if they will issue a work permit for you if you get a an extension based upon being a family member of a person on permanent residency. For normal dependent extensions they will not issue one but it should be different since your wife has PR.

You could change the reason for your extension but would need to first cancel your current extension based upon working to do it.

If you did have to get a new visa it would be a non-o visa not a C visa which does not exist.

You can't change a visa category or apply for a new visa in Thailand.

I assume you have an extension of stay based on your work (not a Non 'B' visa) and want to change the reason for your extension to being the spouse of a Thai resident. In which case you can make that change when the time comes to renew your current permit to stay. However, I don't know if you still qualify for a work permit with a permit to stay as the spouse of a Thai resident. If nobody confirms here you should ask at the labour office that issue your work permit.

• 5 weeks later...

I have just entered Thailand on a 90 day APEC Visa.

Can I now change my status here in Bangkok to  Non Imm B?

Or could I change to "0" since my wife is a Thai Permanent Resident?

Or would it be best to leave and obtain Non Imm B in neighbouring country?

The idea of above is to obtain Thai Work Permit.   Any ideas.  Thanks.

20 minutes ago, stevecourso said:

I have just entered Thailand on a 90 day APEC Visa.

Can I now change my status here in Bangkok to  Non Imm B?

Or could I change to "0" since my wife is a Thai Permanent Resident?

Or would it be best to leave and obtain Non Imm B in neighbouring country?

The idea of above is to obtain Thai Work Permit.   Any ideas.  Thanks.

I assume you have a 90 day entry from APEC travel card not a visa.

Since it is not considered an entry from a visa you would have to leave and re-enter the country using a visa to apply for a work permit or to apply for an extension.

You could apply for a non-o visa at a nearby embassy or consulate as your wife's dependent. But you may not be able to apply for a work permit with it.

To get a non-b visa at nearby a embassy or consulate you will need a work permit application approval letter.

In order to apply for a work permit you will need to be working for a registered company.