800000 Baht for Extension of stay

Soon i have to renew my "extension of stay". To show the 800.000 Baht i have a Euro saving-account and a Baht saving-account with Bangkok Bank.The last 4 month the Euro-account pending between 22.500 - 47.000 Euro. While the Baht-account pending between 300.000 - 700.000 Baht. So in a combination of both currency's there was a permanent totol of 1.300.000 - 2.000.000 Baht credit in both account's. Will i have a Problem to get extension of stay because this Situation?

22'500 * 37.9 = 852'750

Hurry before the Euro drops further.

Foreign c. account without combining would work.

EDIT today the Euro has even gained a few satang.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Last year Immigration refuse extension of stay with a combined credit from 1million - 1,4 million Baht. The reason was: In the 3 month Periode on 2 month i not  transfer money from the Euro- to the Baht accont which sounds inappropriate to me. Immigration charched me 15000 Baht for extension of stay or leave the Country. I felt like " Bad Guy's in, good Guy's out".

5 minutes ago, kohlenkutscher said:

Last year Immigration refuse extension of stay with a combined credit from 1million - 1,4 million Baht. The reason was: In the 3 month Periode on 2 month i not  transfer money from the Euro- to the Baht accont which sounds inappropriate to me. Immigration charched me 15000 Baht for extension of stay or leave the Country. I felt like " Bad Guy's in, good Guy's out".

There are some offices that will not accept foreign currency accounts.

If that is the case at the immigration office you must use then you will need to transfer the funds to the baht account.

The ones that will accept a foreign currency accounts will require the bank letter to show the amount in baht on the date it is written based upon the exchange rate for that day.

1 hour ago, KittenKong said:

15,000B? That sounds more like a bribe than a fee. Did you get a receipt?

of course it was a bribe. The Immigration' s complaint: I not transfer money from Euro-account to Baht-account in 2 of the 3 month periode. But permanent were more than 23000,- € on the euro-account. Plus about 300.000 to 600.000 Baht. 

This time i take care make transaktions every month. If the try to extort me again i leave the Country for ever und my Wife and her Children will lose there human ATM.

Is  not there a telefonnumber to report bribery?

I assume your extension is for retirement reasons in which case you can use any immigration office to get the next one. As far as I know you are not tied to any one office so ditch the crooked one. I may of course be wrong but as a retired person you may not necessarily have a fixed address and so can visit any immigration office of your choosing.

8 minutes ago, somo said:

I assume your extension is for retirement reasons in which case you can use any immigration office to get the next one. As far as I know you are not tied to any one office so ditch the crooked one. I may of course be wrong but as a retired person you may not necessarily have a fixed address and so can visit any immigration office of your choosing.

That is incorrect.

You are REQUIRED to only use the immigration office that is tied to your address of record in Thailand.

Like i mentioned at Hua Hin Immigration Foreign Currency ist accepted but must transfer Part of it every month. To me it doesn't make sense as long enough Baht on the other account.

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

That is incorrect.

You are REQUIRED to only use the immigration office that is tied to your address of record in Thailand.

Yes you are right.

4 hours ago, kohlenkutscher said:

of course it was a bribe. The Immigration' s complaint: I not transfer money from Euro-account to Baht-account in 2 of the 3 month periode. But permanent were more than 23000,- € on the euro-account. Plus about 300.000 to 600.000 Baht. 

This time i take care make transaktions every month. If the try to extort me again i leave the Country for ever und my Wife and her Children will lose there human ATM.

Is  not there a telefonnumber to report bribery?

"This time i take care make transaktions every month. If the try to extort me again i leave the Country for ever und my Wife and her Children will lose there human ATM."

You'd walk out on your wife and kids over B15,000. Seriously??

If you organize your accounts to meet Immigration rules, you and the family will live happily ever after.

33 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

If you organize your accounts to meet Immigration rules, you and the family will live happily ever after.

On every single day within the 3 month periode i had at least 1.000.000 Baht in Combination of Euro and Baht. So, why you say i not meet Immigration rules? 

7 minutes ago, kohlenkutscher said:

On every single day within the 3 month periode i had at least 1.000.000 Baht in Combination of Euro and Baht. So, why you say i not meet Immigration rules? 

I was merely trying to point out that it is supposed to be B800,000 no less, in one account in your name only. If they allow combinations of Euros and baht in different accounts, accept my apology.

3 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

I was merely trying to point out that it is supposed to be B800,000 no less, in one account in your name only. If they allow combinations of Euros and baht in different accounts, accept my apology.

There is no requirement for it to be in one account. Many people have their funds in more than one account when they apply for an extension.

No problem to have both a baht account and foreign currency account to meet the requirement.

Just now, ubonjoe said:

There is no requirement for it to be in one account. Many people have their funds in more than one account when they apply for an extension.

No problem to have both a baht account and foreign currency account to meet the requirement.

Thanks, I stand corrected and apologies to the OP.

Today my Wife checked with the Immigration before i apply for extension. She show my Passport and the two Bankbooks. The Officer confirmed i'm save when i apply. Before i had some sleepness hours in the night  because last year. I happy support my Thai family but i don't like support immigration staff.

Thank you all for your reply's

Edited by kohlenkutscher

21 hours ago, Jingthing said:

That is incorrect.

But as a retired person there is nothing to stop you changing that address whenever you like and then making an application. Booking into a local hotel should be sufficient to make an application at any immigration office. There is surely no stipulation that you must have one fixed abode. 

10 minutes ago, somo said:

But as a retired person there is nothing to stop you changing that address whenever you like and then making an application. Booking into a local hotel should be sufficient to make an application at any immigration office. There is surely no stipulation that you must have one fixed abode. 

That is highly doubtful. 

Yes you can move and officially change your address with your new immigration office, but you're suggesting taking a trip and lying to them.

Do you think they're always stupid? 

Especially in the last year when many immigration offices are paying so much more attention to the address issue. 

Edited by Jingthing

4 minutes ago, somo said:

Most immigration offices will not accept just a hotel address for a long stay extension. They often want a rental agreement to prove a longer stay than a hotel would be. They do that to keep people from changing their address just use another office.

• Like 1

From what I have read some offices don't even require proof of address. Unless it has changed recently it was not a stipulated requirement. Having a long term address is certainly not a requirement. This address thing is mostly directed at those claiming to be married. A travelling retiree is something else surely

5 minutes ago, somo said:

From what I have read some offices don't even require proof of address. Unless it has changed recently it was not a stipulated requirement. Having a long term address is certainly not a requirement. This address thing is mostly directed at those claiming to be married. A travelling retiree is something else surely

I can't speak for all offices but I think in general your POV is off the mark. 

7 minutes ago, somo said:

I can assure you most immigration office will want proof of residence for your first long stay extension of any kind or if your address does not match what they have in their records now.

You cannot do a 90 day report at a different office than the one where you got your extension now unless you do a formal change of address and that will require proof of residence.

I think this is a grey area. Sometimes you might be asked for proof of address other times not. I know of one retiree who moves around with no fixed abode but he can afford to stay in nice hotels and just calls his agent whenever he needs things done. He has never been asked for an address.

Another guy (not wealthy) who lives in Chaiyaphum does similar through the Pattaya office so fixed address in practice is not an issue. I recently did a 90 day report in Jomtien whilst staying in a hotel there although I live in Chaiyaphum and have a yellow tabien Ban book. The lady there accepted my hotel booking as to my proof of current address even though I explained I was away from home. It seems you can do 90 day reports wherever you happen to be at the time so I guess retirement extensions as well.

For sure someone can drag up some breach of regulations in the above but so what? They do not always reflect  what actually is happening.

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You cannot do a 90 day report at a different office than the one where you got your extension now unless you do a formal change of address and that will require proof of residence.

I am not confusing the two just responding in part to the above. No one can tell me that if a retiree changes address he cannot use the new local immigration office and also that there is any limit on how often he can change his address. It is ridiculous to claim there is a regulation that commands any retiree to stay in any one location for any specified period of time and that if he doesn't do so then he will be ineligible to extend his stay.