British banker's defense cites sexual disorder in HK double murder trial

webfact

British banker's defense cites sexual disorder in HK double murder trial

HONG KONG: -- British investment banker Rurik Jutting was a narcissistic sexual sadist, according to a British psychiatrist presenting evidence in his defense against charges of murdering two Indonesian women in his Hong Kong apartment.

Opening Jutting's defense, lawyer Tim Parker called on Dr Richard Latham, a consulting forensic psychiatrist with Britain's National Health Service who has worked on between 50 to 75 similar cases.

Latham told the Hong Kong court that Jutting suffered from recognized disorders from cocaine and alcohol abuse on top of his other personality disorders of sexual sadism and narcissism.

Full story: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-hongkong-murder-idUSKBN12V09Z

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2016-10-31

Hopefully in Hong Kong that does not make everything excusable. Bring back capital punishment for animals like this.

I agree that capital punishment, in the most egregious cases, to me is warranted;

... but .. before I sign off on what really is the ultimate punishment, I want to be as close to positive as I can be that the case has been properly handled, the defendant has had proper access to legal representation to and been able to present the best defense allowed.

I don't know for fact what went on here -- but I do cede that the outcome - regardless of how that came to be, is horrific.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

14 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

Hopefully in Hong Kong that does not make everything excusable. Bring back capital punishment for animals like this.

What type of cap punishment? It certainly cleared up crime back in the middle ages until this century? I admire the hanging, drawing and quartering when your intestines were pulled out whilst you were hanging, still alive, and barbequed before you were pulled apart by horses. Of course after a few of those, crime ceased, didn't it?

It is also very hard to make it up to people wrongly executed.

8 minutes ago, Cats4ever said:

What type of cap punishment? It certainly cleared up crime back in the middle ages until this century? I admire the hanging, drawing and quartering when your intestines were pulled out whilst you were hanging, still alive, and barbequed before you were pulled apart by horses. Of course after a few of those, crime ceased, didn't it?

It is also very hard to make it up to people wrongly executed.

the victims families must be able to choose the type of capital punishment to be meted out. Their choice, fast, slow, whatever. Relatives would be invited to be the hangman or "interrogator". Give some real closure for the poor relatives, their grief must be off-the-scale hearing the horrors their kin were subjected to - and the pleasure this monster derived from the suffering. As usual, I would favor medieval punishments, back then they really knew what the word "deterrent" meant.