What kind of snake is this!

Fore Man

...a baby snake found in lying at the bottom of our pool in Mae Rim. The gardeners cut or lawn yesterday and may have impelled the critter to seek refuge.  No signs of its patents or siblings...yet.

IMG_2181.JPG

Thanks; our maid said it was a ngu pao...a krait and my wife's brother said the same in a separate conversation. They were quite alarmed at seeing it...even dead.  I hope you're right!  We obviously must look for all the siblings and mom too.  About five years ago, our former maid trapped a young krait that had climbed up one of our AC water condensation outlet pipes that terminated at our carport floor.  It was perched on the grill of the indoor blower unit, trying to figure out its next move...likely a six foot drop onto our living room sofa!  It was about 18-inches long and had markings exactly the same to this latest one. That snake back then definitely was a pit viper as well. This tiny one today...9-inches in length...had drowned and after we retrieved it, was left out in the sun all day so it's head was perhaps bloated somewhat. It's head was also too small to discern if it had pits or retractable fangs. Perhaps they were not developed yet. Anyway, the best snake is a...

5 minutes ago, Fore Man said:

Thanks; our maid said it was a ngu pao...a krait and my wife's brother said the same in a separate conversation. They were quite alarmed at seeing it...even dead.  I hope you're right!  We obviously must look for all the siblings and mom too.  About five years ago, our former maid trapped a young krait that had climbed up one of our AC water condensation outlet pipes that terminated at our carport floor.  It was perched on the grill of the indoor blower unit, trying to figure out its next move...likely a six foot drop onto our living room sofa!  It was about 18-inches long and had markings exactly the same to this latest one. That snake back then definitely was a pit viper as well. This tiny one today...9-inches in length...had drowned and after we retrieved it, was left out in the sun all day so it's head was perhaps bloated somewhat. It's head was also too small to discern if it had pits or retractable fangs. Perhaps they were not developed yet. Anyway, the best snake is a...

No. You are saying two things: "our maid said it was a ngu pao...a krait and my wife's brother said the same", then you go on to say " That snake back then definitely was a pit viper as well ".

I'm certain it is neither.

Yes, after doing some Web research, I have to conclude it is indeed a harmless kukri. But I learned that it is often confused with the banded krait. Thanks anyway for your helpful posting. 

As usual the identification of snakes is an contentious as the "best pizza"

I looked at that photo and thought....you know what I bet no one can recognise that granite.....but I can

Its called sakula- kin, the pink and grey. its the cheapest granite if you want to buy it, mostly from China.

anyone wish to disagree?

Yeah, it' been placed on the top surface of an ornament concrete railing that runs around our pool.  No argument as to the identity or relative grade of the granite, as I'm no expert, but it's held up perfectly over the past 8 years and really sets off the railing nicely. We chose it and our tiler installed it. It wasn't intended to astonish anybody, but to endure and beautify.