webfact

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, wayned said:

IMHO I disagree that the baht wins.  Respect is something that is earned not given, and the King has definitely earned that respect not only by Thai's  but many others worldwide including me.  But that respect is in one's  heart and how a person shows that respect should be that person's choice and not mandated by others. I don't think that closing businesses and putting people out of work so that their entire family suffers is how someone that earned that respect would want it shown.

I think you missed my point, as the original closures/suspensions etc, were to show respect. I agree, respect is in ones heart, but we have seen many instances where even the colour of your clothes can get you into trouble.

3 hours ago, GarryP said:

Wrong. People need to be allowed to make their living and support their families. It has nothing to do with respect or disrespect.

Why were restrictions place in the first place. I don't think you understood my comment.

7 hours ago, samsensam said:

spare a thought for those involved in the entertainment industry, how would you feel if the government decreed your means of sustaining you and your family was to be taken away for a year.

No one has had their means of providing for themselves and their families taken away for a year.

6 hours ago, wayned said:

IMHO I disagree that the baht wins.  Respect is something that is earned not given, and the King has definitely earned that respect not only by Thai's  but many others worldwide including me.  But that respect is in one's  heart and how a person shows that respect should be that person's choice and not mandated by others. I don't think that closing businesses and putting people out of work so that their entire family suffers is how someone that earned that respect would want it shown.

Like theres a  "choice" in Thailand with this eh??

2 hours ago, SOTIRIOS said:

....bars...and worse.....

...quite a statement about this society sadly.....

...my brother calls them: 'Altars of Shame'.......

I suppose that where you come from there are no bars, 'and worse', whatever that is?  If there are bars and worse in your neck of the woods I suppose that makes just as clear a statement about your country's society...and your brother.

37 minutes ago, Rorri said:

Why were restrictions place in the first place. I don't think you understood my comment.

Those damn double negatives got me again. But your first statement did not infer that the restrictions should not have been imposed in the first place.

Yes tourism rears it head again. The dollar doves of tourism were flying out the window to adjoining countries and that would never do 

Of course it does, it is people's livings, incomes, rent, food on the table. It has nothing to do with respect and everything to do with people trying to make a living in a volatile business environment.

I suppose that where you come from there are no bars, 'and worse', whatever that is?  If there are bars and worse in your neck of the woods I suppose that makes just as clear a statement about your country's society...and your brother.

I think that they do have women though.

Soft and lumpy as far as I remember!
:)

28 minutes ago, JAG said:

Of course it does, it is people's livings, incomes, rent, food on the table. It has nothing to do with respect and everything to do with people trying to make a living in a volatile business environment.

Thailand does not have the making a living market cornered look around the globe. 

54 minutes ago, MrJohnson said:

Just make a decision, any decision, and stick to it. It is lack of certainty, as much as anything else, that is exacerbating the situation. It is pretty clear there was no contingency plan for this event.

One  thing about creating a rule or making a decision

one should always have  the right to amend the rule/decision.

Edited by little mary sunshine

2 hours ago, GarryP said:

Those damn double negatives got me again. But your first statement did not infer that the restrictions should not have been imposed in the first place.

I thought this part of my comment made it reasonably clear " I don't disagree with the lifting of restriction."

2 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Or even feeding your family...

That has NOTHING to do with my comment, in fact, the restrictions should never have been placed at all, my comment was simply on this article, which comes down to respect v baht, the article is NOT about feeding your family.

3 minutes ago, Rorri said:

That has NOTHING to do with my comment, in fact, the restrictions should never have been placed at all, my comment was simply on this article, which comes down to respect v baht, the article is NOT about feeding your family.

and my comment was on respect v baht v feeding your family.

Which do you think is most pertinent to many?

4 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

and my comment was on respect v baht v feeding your family.

Which do you think is most pertinent to many?

OMG, you comment on my comment, then add something else, then use that to criticize me... I'd like to call you an i#@*t, but am not allowed to, surely you can see how ridiculous you seem.

Mate, you've lost the plot!

Edited by Rorri

15 minutes ago, Rorri said:

I thought this part of my comment made it reasonably clear " I don't disagree with the lifting of restriction."

" I don't disagree with the lifting of restriction." cannot be construed as you not agreeing with the imposition of restrictions in the first place, as you are now trying to infer.   However, I can't be bothered arguing any further over semantics.

1 minute ago, GarryP said:

" I don't disagree with the lifting of restriction." cannot be construed as you not agreeing with the imposition of restrictions in the first place, as you are now trying to infer.   However, I can't be bothered arguing any further over semantics.

That God! I was getting tired debating an issue where you read into a comment what you want to read. Geez, some people just want to argue over anything, no matter how ridiculous, this who gist, on my comment, was baht v respect, and you decide to take it somewhere else... grow up, no wonder the world is a mess, with people like you around.

26 minutes ago, Rorri said:

OMG, you comment on my comment, then add something else, then use that to criticize me... I'd like to call you an i#@*t, but am not allowed to, surely you can see how ridiculous you seem.

No,

Someone has lost the plot, that's true, but it ain't me.

I've added nothing to your comment, just offered a different perspective why things might be becoming more relaxed.

Something you seem inexplicably offended by.

PS: I'm not your mate, nor would I want to be.

Edited by Bluespunk

48 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

No,

Someone has lost the plot, that's true, but it ain't me.

I've added nothing to your comment, just offered a different perspective why things might be becoming more relaxed.

Something you seem inexplicably offended by.

PS: I'm not your mate, nor would I want to be.

Your "perspective" had NOTHING to do with my comment, so why comment, you could have simply made a comment.

Oh you seem to have missed the sarcasm in my use of "mate," but then, that doesn't surprise me. 

37 minutes ago, Rorri said:

Your "perspective" had NOTHING to do with my comment, so why comment, you could have simply made a comment.

Oh you seem to have missed the sarcasm in my use of "mate," but then, that doesn't surprise me. 

I disagree.

My comment had everything to do with your post.

I didn't miss the sarcasm, it's just that, even in that format, I find it demeaning to be addressed as mate by you.

Edited by Bluespunk

2 hours ago, Rorri said:

"Bluespunk" made a perfectly reasonable comment on your post, , pointing out some of the implications of what you were suggesting.

Your  over the top reaction, simply because he saw fit to disagree with you, rather suggests that it is you who has "lost the plot".